Attempt 1 at making my own Shisha = Success

I cant imagine anything shisha gets a chemical wash or gets sprayed with a solution.

To expensive......

some stuff out in the world might get soaked with water and lime.... or ethyl alcohol or ether.... (list goes on)... but I highly doubt shisha gets any further treatment than getting boiled in good old water.

When I make my stuff homemade.... I start with asfahan tobacco or chewing tobacco. I boil this in h20 and drain a few times. The reason I do this is in attempt to break down starches in the tobacco... and to get nicotine and much of the tobacco flavor OUT. Then I squeeze out the majority of the water from the wet tobacco and add honey/corn syrup and glycerin along with any flavoring (usually skipped)..... I let this stuff not even simmer... just enough to evaporate out much of the H2o that was left. Then I let it cool to room temp..... if its too sticky... I add some more glycerin over heat and cook it on low for another 15 mins and let it cool off to check it again.

Your tobacco will become translucent.... if its still strictly opaque.. then it needs more cook time.

QUOTE (angemonkwj @ Jan 30 2007, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (ghostofdavid @ Jan 30 2007, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chemical wash?

agreed. what is a chemical wash?

you know, a little Bleach and Spic N Span. Let it soak a while, then add some Orange flavoring to kick it up a notch. laugh.gif wink.gif

(so I cant be sued, please dont do this, you will die) sad.gif

QUOTE (Scheetz @ Jan 31 2007, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chemical wash?

you know, a little Bleach and Spic N Span. Let it soak a while, then add some Orange flavoring to kick it up a notch. laugh.gif wink.gif

LMFAO - the bad thing is someone probably woulda tried it blink.gif (think before you do stupid things)

QUOTE (McDarragh @ Jan 30 2007, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Scheetz @ Jan 31 2007, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chemical wash?

LMFAO - the bad thing is someone probably woulda tried it blink.gif (think before you do stupid things)

is that why i feel so funny today?.....laugh.gif

QUOTE (DizzyGuy @ Jan 30 2007, 09:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
screw coals... just use a handy dandy blow torch... you'll find a touch of embalming fluid *slighty used* adds that nice hint of elegance!

oh my i cant wait for fluid of embalming elegance

why are cotton balls not in the review section yet? isnt everyone doing this? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
shisha fan can you gives us any links online with instructions or guides on how to make your own shisha? this is something I've been thinking about for a long time. I was wondering if someone could put me in the right direction