How did you meet your SO?

jonny_lech

Well, this won't probably help at all since she kind of found me rather than the other way around. This was nearly five years ago, early 2002. She found a couple of my anime-related websites at different times (as well as one I don't maintain that I am mentioned on) and eventually sent me an email since our interests matched up. This was without any actual ulterior motive, mind you. The email was actually well written, in contrast to most of the crap I recieved through those sites, and interestingly enough was to my actual email address rather than through the contact form. This meant that she had searched the site and discovered it in the few places you could find it.

I replied. I also found her picture on another website, and... well, she was kinda cute biggrin.gif Being as I had nothing better to do at work, and she got in a minor car wreck shortly thereafter so was at home most of the time (no transportation outside of a bike), I ended up talking to her online a lot. Come to find out she went to school two hours from here although she lived in another state, and around six months after we "met" I kinda sorta asked her out, after a friend of mine kicked me in the metaphorical sense for being a doofus and not realizing that I should have seen it earlier. "Kinda sorta" in that I asked if I could but never did... never really have, really, even over four years later although she lives here and is sitting at the PC next to this one laugh.gif I drove down to the school after the semester started (and pretty much every weekend thereafter), and the rest is, well, history.

To be cliche'... On-line...

We were members of a forum, we met, found that we were in love, and now are married........

This was WAY back before, 'meeting online' was 'in'......

Our trick? We were friends first. Phone, webcam, pix of our lives, like family outings, ect... We knew each other before we even met..

It's these.. "Let's IM for a week then meet." scary people you have to fret...
-cheers-

QUOTE (Scheetz)
I was born with her.  She never leaves my right side and is always there to comfort me.  ;)

Don't have one, so who knows how it will turn out. But I can tell you this, it was in highschool.

cause when you know,ya just know

QUOTE (PersianPride)
QUOTE (DarthHookah)
got her on Ebay for $100

Damn these russian mail order brides are really becoming affordable

that is because since the cold war is over that they are just as awnry as the ones we already have here. You need to look into the ones from China. They look pretty hot even with that dejected look wink.gif ARRRR!!!!

2 words renaissance fair. 2 more words big hammer biggrin.gif i have a massive hammer i carry sometimes at the many renaissance fairs i do. it worked as a conversation starter, then me and her hit off, and we have been together for about 2 years now biggrin.gif Edited by shimshamsam

I met my wife in High school. We started dating our junior year, got married after college, and been married 4 1/2 years now.

Feeling a need to be with someone is just a weakness to me and I am stronger these days from all the shit that I had to endure in past relationships. I am through with all that crap. Tired of wasting my time and money in devoting my days to someone when it is all meaningless in the end. I just think about myself now *smiles* fuck relationships... there isn't any need when you aren't ever lonely.

QUOTE (Captain Courageous)
Feeling a need to be with someone is just a weakness to me and I am stronger these days from all the shit that I had to endure in past relationships. I am through with all that crap. Tired of wasting my time and money in devoting my days to someone when it is all meaningless in the end. I just think about myself now *smiles* fuck relationships... there isn't any need when you aren't ever lonely.

Damn, I think somebody has been talkin to Ms. Scalli? wink.gif

i went to prom with my gf for her senior prom. She accually asked me and i said no, then a few weeks later her friends came up to me and said i should just go as friends, so i did. she paied for everything. while we were there she was awesome, so i kissed her on the dance floor and later that night i took her garter off with my teeth! since then weve been dating. i think its been...almost 3 years. its been good and bad within those years...i still love her.

On campuses across the nation (and world) there is this place called "Hillel" known as a Jewish resource center. I was there with my ex boyfriend (though current at the time) and a freshman walked in for shabbat dinner. I was on the volunteer staff that night (ie meet/greet, cook etc.) So i introduced myself and my boyfriend.

That freshmen was named Josh and we became great friends cause even though I was a junior and he was a freshmen we were in alot of the same clubs, Leviathan (jewish newspaper), JSU (Jewish Student Union) etc. We even went up for the same job at Hillel (which I got). At the end of my junior year he went home to LA and I broke up with the ex boyfriend. Talked to Josh once over the summer to tell him about the break up and he promised that when school started he'd be there for me.

And boy he was, we started dating a month after school started and have been dating for over a year now. Turns out he had a crush on me the entire time we were friends (which I was oblivious too). He's a much better match then the last guy, and it was the first time I had dated someone I had been friends with for so long.