Cigars

nuschultz

i am running low on my non cubans, so i need to place an order for some more. I think i am gonna spend a bit and get some La Aurora Preferidos, proally gonna order some Platinum,Ruby, Gold, Sapphire, Emerald. I have had all those and they are all great. Of course I have to stock up on my La Gloria Cubana Series R. I want to get some Zino plats, but i usually like to hand pick those out.

I agree price has nothing to do with a cigar, One of my fav cigars is a rather cheap on called Pirates Gold I used to smoke them when they were honduran, but now they moved to dominica I think. There is also a cuban I love Bolivar, its one of the cheaper cubans I buy and I think it has a really good flavor. Its all about personal tastes Edited by oggie505#2

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pickups! I have a couple of the Short Churchills in tubos.
My latest pickups are boxes of 1990 ERDM Demi Tasse, 1992 Upmann Belvederes, 1983 ERDM Panetelas Largas, and Fuente Work of Art Maduros.
I'm waiting for the Mag 46 tubos to come out, and the maduro Cohibas, but especially the new BGMs and Partagas Culebras. Not the best year for REs or ELs IMO (kinda disappointed with the selection, to be honest).

TYLER

i had a nice romeo and julieta cuban the other night with my uncle..

less than two months til i start importing.. i found out how they do it by the way.. cuba sends package to canada.. canada sends package here..

i had a nice romeo and julieta cuban the other night with my uncle..

less than two months til i start importing.. i found out how they do it by the way.. cuba sends package to canada.. canada sends package here..

Be cautious of who you order from, there are a lot of counterfeits out there. There are LCdH locations worldwide that will ship to the US, and some will get you your cigars in 2 days or less, but you'll get raped on prices.

Ange - Is that a joke? I don't mean to sound snobbish or mean, but that's a pretty dumb comment.

the site im going through is 7-15 days to ship.. replace the box if customs takes it for free.. my friend at the cigar shop had been doing it for 10 years through these guys Edited by ASUSEAN1

There are many sites that will guarantee shipping to anywhere in the world. Many of them ship for free, too. Hong Kong, Canada, Geneva, Cyprus, NZ, Spain, Germany, U.K., etc. are all big places that do this. If you are really interested in going this route I would sign up to a cigar forum and if you hang around long enough you'll get the info you need.
You should check and see if your source has a warehouse in Canada or somewhere else (most likely Geneva), because getting cigars straight from Canada will add on a lot of $$$ (Canadian tobacco taxes are fucking insane). 7-15 day shipping is standard and most sources guarantee delivery (something to make sure of before ordering), so sounds like a good one as long as they're legit.
Good luck in your endeavors!

TYLER

I smoked cigars for a few years and am just now making the transition to hookah... cigars are way more expensive. Personally I prefer just about anything CAO makes, they are typically smooth, and if you want to try them out grab a tin of petite cigars, they come in flavors too which is kind of nice (but they aren't anything like blunts and such). Eileen's Dream is a good one (my personal favorite) and you can get them in larger sizes if you like them too.

Like has been said be very wary of "cubans" that people are shipping into the US many are counterfeit.

In general avoid anything that is made with short filler (its typically the junk swept up off the floor of the factory, like blunts)

Check out thompson cigar company they have some good starter deals (I got a 10 pack of quality names for for about $30 from them a while back) just stay away from any of their "high quality" no names, they are pretty bad.

Cohiba, Partagas, Montecristo, Hoyo de Montgomery, Arturo Fuente, CAO, and Acid. That's what I smoke smile.gif And cigar smoking is a very expensive habit.

TX

QUOTE (txhookahman @ Jun 2 2007, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And cigar smoking is a very expensive habit.

TX[/color]

yes, yes it is.. my parents kept asking where the money went when i sold my books back to school.. i smoked a cigar everyday for two weeks and a hundred bucks of it kinda jus disappeared

QUOTE (ASUSEAN1 @ Jun 2 2007, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (txhookahman @ Jun 2 2007, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And cigar smoking is a very expensive habit.

TX[/color]

yes, yes it is.. my parents kept asking where the money went when i sold my books back to school.. i smoked a cigar everyday for two weeks and a hundred bucks of it kinda jus disappeared

Ouch. I umm "obtained" by not purchasing 11 cigars from the above brands. I'm not saying I stole them. The source, unknown, but they were a gift. Seems like I nice gift. Anywho, I had a 12" Arturo Fuente that just smoked and smoked for like 4 hours (I was at a party) and I finally decided to throw the last 3 inches out. No one wanted it and I was tired of smoking it lol.

TX

Had a Havanen and Cuban cigar hated them, the scent was nice that was about it, but I guess inhaling them were way too powerful for me. But I hate smoking cigerettes and anything with mass proportions of tobacco.

QUOTE (Jamal @ Jun 3 2007, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Had a Havanen and Cuban cigar hated them, the scent was nice that was about it, but I guess inhaling them were way too powerful for me. But I hate smoking cigerettes and anything with mass proportions of tobacco.

yea you should not have inhaled them.. the nicotine actually just absorbs through the pallet of your mouth so you will get buzzed plenty jus by that with a full bodied cigar

QUOTE (ASUSEAN1) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Jamal) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yea you should not have inhaled them.. the nicotine actually just absorbs through the pallet of your mouth so you will get buzzed plenty jus by that with a full bodied cigar

I don't know! I inhale everything. I don't get buzzed from cigars. Maybe after like a 1/2 inch off the cigar, but a big stogey, I don't get buzzed too much.

TX

[/quote]

I don't know! I inhale everything. I don't get buzzed from cigars. Maybe after like a 1/2 inch off the cigar, but a big stogey, I don't get buzzed too much.

TX

[/quote]

With that said do you get any buzz off of your hookah? I smoke cigars but don't inhale and get a better buzz from the cigar than my hookah. Inhaling cigars is pretty hardcore!

QUOTE (Hammerhead @ Jun 5 2007, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With that said do you get any buzz off of your hookah? I smoke cigars but don't inhale and get a better buzz from the cigar than my hookah. Inhaling cigars is pretty hardcore!

If by hardcore you mean horrible I agree completely lol... People who inhale then say they hate cigars crack me up... I'll say though very little beats a good cigar and a glass of scotch

QUOTE (Skarredmind) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Hammerhead) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If by hardcore you mean horrible I agree completely lol... People who inhale then say they hate cigars crack me up... I'll say though very little beats a good cigar and a glass of scotch

Ok there Ron White! HAHA My hookah gives me that relaxed feeling. I love cigars, and I inhale them. I don't hate them, I hate the price of them lol. Inhaling is good for you. wink.gif

TX

I'll say though very little beats a good cigar and a glass of scotch

I love a good cigar with a nice single malt myself, but you should try some others if you have not. Cognac is always a good choice, I like ones with vanilla notes to it. Rum is a good choice, but needs to be of good quality. And of course a nice glass of Port, must be aged well Edited by oggie505#2

I decided to buy a cheap gas station cigar tonight at a Shell. It's a game cigar. I got the Vanilla one and it's damn good! If you see them around, try one.

TX