Cigars

nuschultz

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It means that the essential oils in the cigar leaves have began to migrate outwards, which is sometimes visible on the cellophane wrappers (appears as a yellow oily tinge). Basically, it's just a sign that the cigars have sat in a very consistent climate for some good time, and that they will probably have a more balanced, rounded, possibly even more complex flavor. Of course, the Hemingway series is all of the above already, so... tongue.gif Edited by worr lord

It's nice to find some good cigars that have aged well at a shop.... good score.

Your band appears to be genuine. The Habana, Cuba text is the right distance from the Cohiba text. The fake bands have the Habana text really close to Cohiba.

I woried at first that you had gotten a fake, Esplendidos are the most faked line of Cohiba out there... as said earlier, a glass top box is a dead give away as for being a fake.

One of the best way of spotting a real Habano is the presence of a 3 layer cap.

fakery is an interesting business... you can get all you need here.

http://justfakes.com Edited by Lakemonster

I'm going to put a good word in for Acid by Drew Estate. Cigar aficionados always turn their nose up at these cigars, but i still enjoy them. Theyre marketed toward the younger/college crowd, but i dont mind, theyre still very enjoyable. I'm a fan of the mild, creamier cigars like Montecristo White or Vegas 5 Gold, but Acid is still my favorite.

the way different flavors, herbs, spices, cloves etc are infused with the acid cigars make them more palatable to the hookah fan, as different flavors are infused with shisha, you get the idea.

QUOTE (mellowbonsai @ Jan 1 2007, 08:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm going to put a good word in for Acid by Drew Estate. Cigar aficionados always turn their nose up at these cigars, but i still enjoy them. Theyre marketed toward the younger/college crowd, but i dont mind, theyre still very enjoyable. I'm a fan of the mild, creamier cigars like Montecristo White or Vegas 5 Gold, but Acid is still my favorite.

the way different flavors, herbs, spices, cloves etc are infused with the acid cigars make them more palatable to the hookah fan, as different flavors are infused with shisha, you get the idea.

Which Acid cigars are clove-ish? In general I'm not a fan of flavored cigars at all, but I do love cloves, and clove Acids sound mildly intriguing.
Thanks!

TYLER

http://www.rokokzone.com/

Just found that, it's clove cigs and cigars... what do yall smokers thing about this site? Hell, to pick up a carton of Djarums through them is WAY better than doing it through the store. The lowest I've ever seen them was $5, but averaging around $6 most places... on the site it's like $22 for 10 packs

Nice Worrlord!
I just stopped by my local B&M and they had about 7 boxes of Opus for sale. I'm really tight on cash, but I still bought a few of the Perfecxion #2s.
You let yours sit for a while? I like 'em with a couple years' age. I think they burn better, too.

TYLER Edited by Halon

• 1 month later...
Now that i am in England, i can buy cuban cigars, and man I have alreayd found my fav and going broke at the same time, spent about 300 bucks on 12 cigars, the exchange rate sux. I am just going to keep some cubans in the humidor about 10 of them and just oder my favs from the US, it i scheaper there. If an UK wants ot meet up I usually buy from the davidoff shop and goto the wiskey lounge down the road from the hardrock, we can have a drink and a good smoke

i to am actually in the process of getting a humidor. i went onto a forum called cigarpass.com and there is tons of great information. unfortunatly i will no longer be posting there anymore. i posted in the BUY/SELL saying i wanted a second hand humidor http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31036 the guy the guy Gonz ripped me a new one but it still has great info

Meh, I wouldn't invest much in what those guys are saying. The biggest mistake you can make when buying a humidor is to buy it online; you want to personally check the seal on the exact humidor you're buying before you close the deal.
Here are a few guidelines for buying your first humidor:

- Check the seal, make sure it's good.
- Buy bigger than you think you need, you WILL fill it.
- Don't skimp too much.
- Coolers and "tupperdors" work fine, there's no real need to invest in a regular humidor yet (if at all).
- Beads are the way to go for humidification, www.heartfeltindustries.com

QUOTE (worr lord @ Feb 21 2007, 08:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Meh, I wouldn't invest much in what those guys are saying. The biggest mistake you can make when buying a humidor is to buy it online; you want to personally check the seal on the exact humidor you're buying before you close the deal.
Here are a few guidelines for buying your first humidor:

- Check the seal, make sure it's good.
- Buy bigger than you think you need, you WILL fill it.
- Don't skimp too much.
- Coolers and "tupperdors" work fine, there's no real need to invest in a regular humidor yet (if at all).
- Beads are the way to go for humidification, www.heartfeltindustries.com

He's right, buy the biggest you can afford. I've got a big desktop, two large coolers, and a plastic ammo can (for the moochgars) and I'm still running out of room.
I wouldn't be too worried about buying online, tho. The savoy humidors at holt's are great. Also, check out Bargain Humidors. Most of their humidors come with a digital hygrometer, too. My desktop came from there and it's been wroking great for a few years.
If I had my old original desktop (gave it away a couple years ago) I'd give it to ya.
And Brian over at heartfelt is quite the guy! Also, cigarmony.com has the puck humidifer. Boveda packs are also good, but they definitely take longer to correct the RH than beads, so watch out for that.

TYLER

I think some online humidors are good, I bought my first humidor from ebay, and it worked excellent. I am currently looking a a humidor fron cuban crafters, I have bought their products before and like the price of a humidor they sell and they ship to APO, but i agree always buy bigger. I think I am going to get one of those pucks, I usually use the gell tubes and the pucks seem to be a but better in their description, so i am gonna go with one of those

One of my humidors is a 120ct Palacio from Cuban Crafters, it's a decent humidor; just not for $175 or whatever it is they ask. The reasons for checking humidors in the shop is that you can insure the seal is good, you're buying from a reputable place, and online places (Bargainhumidors.com specifically) can be shady as far as damaged products go.

I've used plenty of different humidity devices, and all I can tell you is that the 65% Heartfelt Beads (in my experience) work the best. I have a pound distributed through my humidors and coolidor, and they hold perfect. I also throw around a teaspoon of them in (in little containers) with cigars I send to friends.

Wow I have a thing for Cubans. I smoke Cohibas. My all-time favorite is the Siglo II, but I also enjoy Siglo III's and Coronas Especiales. But the Siglo II is a petit corona size, and it is my favorite size of any cigar. I'll take a couple pics of my boxes =] I promise. Oh, and I know for a fact that they are real, I get them from La Casa del Habano official Cuban government franchised shop in Cozumel, Mexico. I've bought from Mexico City airport.. but dont trust them much..