What is my smoke so thin?

Tangiers is legendary but it's not all that beginner friendly, AF is ok, smokes pretty good most of the time, nakhla mizo smokes and tastes great, nakhla OG ranges widely in the smoke amount but generally tastes good too. Fumari is also ok but not worth it's cost imo, everything else that's available in the US is out of my reach so far, I have some EU things that you don't tho :P

HA..ok. I going to head down to my local head shop and try something else. When I do smoke my hookah, it is so relaxing (when I'm not coughing) I am pretty convinced it's not my throat. I have had relatively cough free sessions. One time when I was really coughing on the inhale, I removed my wind cover, and the smoke was pouring out of the holes in the foil. I definitely cooked the piss out of that bowl. <_<

If you're starting to burn the tobacco you're gonna feel the flavor slowly change first, once you get familiar with that flavor change you're gonna know when to lay off the heat soon enough to do preventative heat management. Normally you won't need the cover on until later in the session though, when the coals have gone small and aren't emitting enough heat anymore. Generally speaking in my experience I never need the cover before the coals are at least 1/2 burned down or more. 

Yes sir. That's kinda what I have been doing. Makes a world of difference. Just cant use my cover on my small Naya hookah. Or is it Maya?

OMG it's cloudy at my house. My smoke is 10 thicker than it was. 

Cool. Make sure you are packing your bowl loose so the hot air and circulate through your tobacco. too tight a pack will give you no air flow and shitty clouds.

Post a pic of your set up and your new clouds!

Yeah. I am sure I was packing too tight. No matter how deeply I inhaled, my smoke was more like mist. I watched a YouTube video on packing. I started packing more loosely. Since I did that, and switched to Fumari shisha, WOW my clouds have greatly improved, and of course no coughing. I will post some pics. The problem is that I tried to post a pic before, and it didn't work. On my vaping forum, you copy a URL from photobucket, and paste. I tried that here but no dice. Any ideas?

Hey folks. I think I am really starting to dial this in. No coughing, decent heat management, but I still can't produce those milky clouds. I make good size plumes but they are misty. I am having some difficulty matching up bowls, grommets, and hookahs. I suspect an air leak which may account for my whispy clouds.

You're gonna want a little bit more tobacco in there, still loose though. You're also gonna want it to be more even, and when you foil it you're gonna want to make it tight as a drum if you can. Heavy duty foil would be optimal! The smoke is indeed a bit too wispy, but try a bit more tobacco to start with imo.

That would be great. But I dont have a web cam. Man I am not a quitter. But I am burning through shisha, coals. I have watched countless videos. I have used Starbuzz, Fantasia, Nakhla. All the same. You know. It might be worth it to get a web cam. I will let you know, because right now, I am flushing money down the toilet.

You know..I spent $75 including shipping for my KM. This is the first damn time I actually enjoyed it. What you said reminds me of my RC hobby. Every time I fly, I know there is a possibility that I will fuck up and it crashes. But I keep flying. :D 

On my days off I have been smoking 3 times a day. Not because I'm addicted, just trying to get it right. Gotta break some eggs to make an omelet.

Ok so I got your pictures I see  a few small things. . Not enough tobacco. You need the tobacco to the to the top rim of the bowl. if you have too much space between the foil and the tobacco it takes longer to get the temp up to start vaporizing the  liquids in the tobacco. Secondly, with one of those bows, you need to make sure the tobacco is not packed too tight around the pillar with the holes. Remember, you are drawing the air through the coals to heat up the tobacco, then the hot air has to to THROUGH the tobacco to pick up the vaporized liquid and THEN into the holes and down into the water. Otherwise you are drawing air through the foil and straight into the holes without picking up smoke. oh ya, and if you have to hang half the coal off the edge, you are wasting coal. Once its hot break it in half. that makes  for less waste and less money. :)

IMG_20151021_144508319_zpsyefl6j58.jpg

IMG_20151021_145737309_zps8zdmvucz.jpg

Edited by mushrat

I can't friggin believe it. All this time with thin clouds. I decided to fire up my Mya. Smoke as thick as milk. So I thought it must be the KM. So I put my finger over the hole in the stem. I could draw air. I think the grommet between the stem and the base is bad. I ordered a new one. All that wasted coal and shisha, and it was my KM...Damn!