Sore Throat From A Specific Hose?

The last few times I smoked from my dedicated apple hose, I've developed a sore throat the next day. This is despite always using a tip. Could there be germs lurking in the hose that I'm inhaling each time? I'm pretty sure it's that specific hose, and not others. Has anyone else experienced this? It's never happened to me before...

It's a leather hose, so it COULD be rusted, but I've never noticed red/brown dust coming out of it, which has always been the giveaway

Does it bother you to use it? Don't use it. 

As to why it's bothering you, It could be any manner of irritants. Hell, it could just be common dust. That's the thing with non-washable hoses; you just don't know unless you cut the thing open (and even then you might not be able to tell). For me, my most common issue with my leather hoses is that they dry the air/smoke out too much. In the dry winters here, it's almost unbearable, it's like putting a dry sponge in my mouth. 

Does it bother you to use it? Don't use it. 

As to why it's bothering you, It could be any manner of irritants. Hell, it could just be common dust. That's the thing with non-washable hoses; you just don't know unless you cut the thing open (and even then you might not be able to tell). For me, my most common issue with my leather hoses is that they dry the air/smoke out too much. In the dry winters here, it's almost unbearable, it's like putting a dry sponge in my mouth. 

I had that issue at first with all of my unwashable Elmas hoses but after roughly 15 bowls it disappeared and never came back.

Hass, how old is that specific hose?

If you pop off the wood handle you can see the coil if you put a flash light down the hose. You will then be able to tell if it is rusted without ruining the hose.

The wood handles, once cracked loose, pop right back on and fit snug with no leaks. It may require a tiny bit of modification. Some of my elmas hoses had the coil wrapped around the wood handle, so you just unwind it off of the handle and either cut the extra coil or just push it down the hose and it is fine. Only one of my five handles had that setup, the other 4 had the coil right up to the edge of the handle and not around the wood tip. Either way, it doesn't ruin the hose in the slightest bit.

It's a Lebanese hose, not a Turkish one, and the wood handle cannot be removed without destroying the hose. That said, I think it's about 3 years old.

Sounds like it's time to send it off into the pasture?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say at 3 years old it's probably done for anyways. That's a good life span, even for a once-in-a-while hose.

Agreed