Next Vehicle Will Be An Import

KnightHawk63

we have had tons and tons of 335S at my uncles shop with turbo failure not to mention the 2012 genesis 2.0 BAHAHAHA

yeah.. but those genesis 2.0T's are freaking awesome! haha I'm a fan :P

Quick car but the maintenance will kill you.  ill stick to my 370 [= plus the drive does feel a bit weird.. base quality isnt great either 

How can the maintenance kill you? Brakes, tires, manual trans oil, coolant, brake fluid, all those you change on a normal basis.

new turbo every 60 k too and IF YOU ARE A CAR GUY .... you wont be using the shit oil at hyundai or the shit oil filter... tires on a sports car cost an average of 100/120 bucks each tire for decent ones.... k n n filter is 15 bucks and mobil 1 synthetic oil will run you around 20 bucks ... each 4 k= 35 bucks for oil change tire change at about 30-40k = 480  everything else around 150 ..

throughout the cars life the turbo will eventually not be the same so the genesis without a T will wont be the same. anything that has to do with a turbo is alot of money atleast for me

If we're comparing the two cars, the 2.0T gen starts at about 25k. the 370z around 35k.

so driving off the lot, the nissan is 10k more expensive. Turbo's, while tuned and maintained correctly (oil cooler, regular change of turbo oil), will last well over 100k miles. Hell, I've salvaged turbo's off old imports with well over 200k miles, put them in a friends project car, and it still ran another 30k before the turbo went bad.

Gen's use 5.7 quarts of synthetic oil, the Z uses 5.2 cost for oil changes and maintenance will be exactly the same.

the TD04-13t turbo that comes on the gen usually lasts about 70-80k before issues, but upgrading or replacing is both inexpensive and relatively easy. add in a tune for the new parts and it's probably costing 2-3k (parts and labor) for every 70k miles compared to the z.

but, hyundai's come with that 10yr 100k mile powertrain warranty, so this doesn't really matter until over 100k.

I mean, we're definitely comparing apple's to orranges here, But I definitely think the gen is an awesome car, and for the price-tag, it's pretty hard to beat.

although, I'd get an FR-S if I had to choose lol

Cant argue with that logic, the genesis is much cheaper then the z off the lot and maintenance but compared to regular cars its still pretty expensive... As for the Frs im not to big of a fan nissan is coming out with a competitor and the execs basically dissed frs/brz saying its a old mans car the competitor from Nissan will probably have a 4 banger turbo (; i will try to post a link when im home