I still haven't smoked from it :\ I did a seal check and there are no leaks, the weld on the purge valve must have come lose because it wiggles a little bit but the tubing is securely welded by the downstem. The hose fits perfectly though (my SSPL). The tray is a tad flimsy though, can you buy these trays anywhere else?

With a lot of the nickle pipes if the trays are snap on design you can substitute them with a base tray and a base tray would fit the the same as an Ash tray. 5 star has a few base trays left i Have a extra base tray as well for a nickle color you should get a cobalt or silver base tray. Yes the base Trays can fit on the base or on the top to replace the main ash-tray. Age Old Syrian secret You're welcome ;-) 

damn thats sexy

If wanna see sexy look at the tray after i polished her and removed the cobalt finish. under the cobalt she's nickle plated brass and matches the hookah perfectly! Luckily i have 2 cobalt trays sold 1(had 3 before) have 1 left unchanged and 1 that is now nickel. these trays are pretty heavy and very thick! I think the Nickle one is the best of them all :-) well only second to my gold brass Tray. 

FYI these type of base trays are made by Nour which is why they are so compatible w nour / Nawras hookahs :-)  

Mines not necessarily a snap-on, it's actually a screw on (the bowl port unscrews you slap the tray down then screw the bowl port on) so should this still work?

Mines not necessarily a snap-on, it's actually a screw on (the bowl port unscrews you slap the tray down then screw the bowl port on) so should this still work?

No, the bowl port is likely not big enough to catch the tray when you screw it on because the hole in the tray is much bigger.  it might sit on the shoulder but that is not a real tray rest and it won't be very stable.  It would be a long shot gamble. 

Your best bet is to find a tray that is meant for screw on bowl ports.  Look at the bottom 9 of these trays except the chiller one:

http://www.hookah-shisha.com/p-3913-hookah-trays.html

Unfortunately most of them are sold out but the difference you are looking at is the diameter of the center hole.