Tokel Turkish Hookahs: Excellent Alternative To Elmas

I love the tokel option, but the thing is you do get the $158 version of a $300 pipe if you know what I'm saying...you do not get a $300 pipe for $158

No, I do not get what you are saying. They're different pipes, remember? And never was it implied that you got a $300 pipe for $158. :)

well you keep comparing it to the $300 elmas canary over and over....I just wanted to emphisize that the tokel animal pipes are not on the same level as the elmas animal pipes..when you get down to the extras and the shear amount of brass

But the standard tokels basically look the same quality and build as the elmas counterparts and I'm sure they smoke the same as well..however the trays and windcovers don't look as good IMO....but they are priced basically the same as well when compared to nargilestore....the slight variations might push one to go one way or the other...

Please, quote me where I "keep comparing it to the $300 elmas canary over and over." Find all of the times I did, and quote it. You have talked more about comparing the two than I have. I mentioned it in my original post, and I even stated there that the Tokel animal figure nargiles are similar to Elmas', and then I go on to note that the Tokel Canary model (just the Canary one) is just like Elmas' 639 model (NOT Elmas' Canary model)... Next paragraph I say that the rest of Tokel's animal figure nargiles are different than Elmas', because they are taller and do not resemble any certain Elmas model. I then link Tokel's site to show what I'm talking about. The comparisons on my part pretty much end there. But yes, please quote where I made comparisons "over and over." They are totally different pipes, so there's not much to compare.

You sure do seem to know a lot about these pipes that you have not even held in your hands before... You are speaking as if what you are saying is fact, and not just your opinion. Before I actually held this Tokel Canary in my hands, all I ever said in my "Sneak Peek" thread was that  I HOPE it's good quality. I didn't know what it was really going to be like. Like I said in the original post on this thread, I took a gamble. And in my opinion, the gamble paid off, because I ended up with a (IMO) hella nice solid-brass Turkish nargile. Point is, I don't claim my opinions as fact, especially when I haven't even held the product(s) in my hands before.

Honestly, I'm really surprised with how you are talking about these Tokel animal figure nargiles, considering how much praise you give the Turkish brass pipes Yurdan sells, which I personally think LOOK (not saying they ARE) kinda shitty compared to Elmas and other Turkish pipes I've seen online.

Elmas animal figure hookah, complete setup, from NargileStore.com: ~$300.

Tokel animal figure hookah, complete setup, from turkeysonline's eBay store: $158.

That's half the price, man. If someone who is a poor bastard like me and wants a Turkish animal figure hookah, which one looks like the better deal? There will be those who will want to spend twice as much and go for the Elmas one, and there will be those who will want to purchase the (yes, DIFFERENT) Tokel version. So from now on when folks ask "Which hookah should I purchase?" they can be offered more options, not just the one simple answer we've been giving for forever now- "Elmas." I don't know about you, but I like having different options and choices, instead of being limited to one thing.

here is one...you do say they are different, but clearly comparing the price tags..without referance to the differances being huge wich directly affects price

I Like the tokel brass stems, I never said they are bad.. I'm sure they are fantastic.and if paired with crystal vases and luxury hoses and bigger windcovers and upgades all around, they would be priced just like the elmas ones.

I have said I really like the looks of some of the yurdan pipes, but I'll hold off on praising them untill I see one in person

*sigh*

Obviously the accessories are different. Again, it's a cheaper alternative... That means cheaper alternative accessories as well. The differences of accessories that are included with each have already been discussed, much earlier in the thread before you posted.

I still need my quotes.

:D

Love you too, man. I'm always game for a healthy debate. ;)

In all seriousness though, I think we can both agree that this is just more Turkish stuff for people to consider when they're looking to buy. Price, accessories, comparisons, and everything else aside. It's only natural to compare, however. People should look at their options and decide for themselves what they like. That was the main point of this thread.

they're not all the same quality, a lot of what looks like solid brass quality can be quite cheesy in real life - this has occurred to me in Turkey as well as craigslist turkish pipes here.  Typically, if it includes that tiny windcover, that's a bad sign.

How much did you pay for shipping? Im interested in his $45 pipe. I just dont want it to turn into a $145 pipe after shipping. 

Thanks for posing all of this. It is a good turkish pipe alternative to Elmas. I also like how Im able to contact them through ebay.

On the eBay auction shipping is clearly posted at $45.  It's pretty typical for shipping a nargile from Turkey to be roughly the same cost, plus or minus a bit, as the pipe itself.

How much did you pay for shipping? Im interested in his $45 pipe. I just dont want it to turn into a $145 pipe after shipping. 

Thanks for posing all of this. It is a good turkish pipe alternative to Elmas. I also like how Im able to contact them through ebay.

On the eBay auction shipping is clearly posted at $45.  It's pretty typical for shipping a nargile from Turkey to be roughly the same cost, plus or minus a bit, as the pipe itself.

What Hass said. ^^ Total for the pipe would be $90. Not bad, not bad at all.

I paid $110 shipped for mine (keep in mind I got the Canary model with just the tray and windcover).

And yeah, I think the only reason why I went ahead and took the gamble was I was protected through PayPal. Gotta love that buyer protection!

Tokel is def a great option if you are looking for something in a lower price range, as two and chris discussed they are different  (the elmas and tokel canaries) and can't really be compared. My canary stem weighs a bit over 8 pounds, the thing is a fricking tank. The tray is super thick, and the etchings are extremely thick. For the money you can't go wrong with the tokel, but the same can be said for the canary as well. If you rank your pipes on weight, quality of brass, quality of soldering and accessories, the canary is the best I have ever seen.

With that said I want to buy a red crystal cut turk vase from that guy on eBay but my car as well as my brother and his friends cars took a beating in the storm we got here in Mass. My brothers audi a6 got totaled (tree crushed it) my brothers best friends mercedes gl 450 got crushed by a tree (possibly totaled), and my a4 got nipped and caused a bit of damage as well, so I will hold off and fix up the car for now ... sadly.

Chris, enjoy your Tokel, it is a much more portable canary style which is nice because you can use it all the time if you care to. If you dealt with this Elmas canary, you'd only bust it out on special occasions, trust me. Me personally, I like the birds and style of the Elmas better, but to each their own.