Fifa

Coyote

Does anyone here follow Football/Soccer? I'm a Liverpool fan. If for some reason I'm able to have $1,000 of expendable income by April I will be going to Anfield (I can dream can't I?).

[img]http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/liverpoolecho/jun2012/4/5/brendan-rodgers-lfc-image-3-632631215.jpg[/img]

And since I love Mexico I started watching a bit of Mexican National Football...

I've been trying to get into soccer but the only time I can seem to actually care is the world cup

Soccer is huge in europe, therefore even though I dont really give a shit about it I do watch some games and know the rules, have played it a bunch and so on... thats all you do at gym class in school in slovenia... more or less.

My whole family is from Liverpool! Been to the UK about 12 times.

Grew up watching soccer. I keep up with it but don't get to watch as much as I'd like. How about that Norwich City match? :)
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Crhiss' timestamp='1358782386' post='569227']

Grew up watching soccer. I keep up with it but don't get to watch as much as I'd like. How about that Norwich City match? :)
[/quote]

I know, right?! Hopefully that gave them a confidence boost after Man U :/ We have a supporters club in Baltimore so we all get together at this one bar and watch the matches. Its a lot of fun.

[quote name='Coyote' timestamp='1358793654' post='569253'][quote name='Crhiss' timestamp='1358782386' post='569227']

Grew up watching soccer. I keep up with it but don't get to watch as much as I'd like. How about that Norwich City match?
[/quote]

I know, right?! Hopefully that gave them a confidence boost after Man U :/ We have a supporters club in Baltimore so we all get together at this one bar and watch the matches. Its a lot of fun.[/quote]

Man that's awesome. You're lucky to have a group like that. What are some of your favorite Mexico teams? Work with a bunch of people who watch, and we play soccer after work at least once a week. Most are Monterrey fans so that's who I go for.

We have a Manchester United Fan here! I also dont mind watching Brazil or Spain. The only trouble is I dont have any of the premium channels here so seeing a match is few and far between. The last full match I got to watch was the semi final in the last world cup! Best summer ever, I was unemployed so I job searched all morning and then watched the day's line up in the afternoon. Had an interview the day the of final....

Currently I am saving up for a trip and some World Cup tickets for Russia!
  • Upvote 1

I don't watch soccer, have absolutely zero interested in it, and just can't get into it. That being said, I tip my hat to soccer players, I watch 15 mins of a game once and saw more people being carted off on stretchers then your average day on the streets of Chicago.

[quote name='Bawhee' timestamp='1359060252' post='569506']
Yeah... 30 years ago when my dad still used to be a pro soccer player they would actually get hurt, now they stop drop and roll if someone nudges them a bit.
[/quote]

I have been watching different leagues and its interesting how differently each region plays. South and Central America teams play DIRTY. If you pay attention you can see their passive aggressive tenancies coming out. A little push, stomp on the toes, a pinch... So dirty I love it.

• 3 weeks later...

i was forced to play in soccer leagues from 3-12yo.... left a bad taste in my mouth. I don't like it but if people do that's awesome. Love the soccer bloopers.