Chocomint

mushrat

Nakhla Chocomint

This stuff is DAMN good...um..can I still say that here?
I've never tried Nakhla mint by itself, so I can't compare it, but the mint was very strong, but the chocolate was NOT overpowered. Was like smoking an Ande's mint.
Usual smoke and such for Nakhla and the Buzz was no dissapointment either.
I'll put this up against many premium flavours. No Kidding...
If you see this stuff..give it a try.

Nakhla Chocomint

Sorry, no detailed review...

Cut was typical dryish stuff with some stems

The taste was a little chocolaty with alot of mint... Not super super thick smoke, but it wasn't exactly too thin either though.

I personally like the Al Waha Afternine more... I'd rather just have straight nakhla mint than this one though

• 5 months later...
=====================
Nakhla Premium - Chocolate Mint
=====================

Appearance : Its got that typical chunky Nakhla cut, thats for sure. The upside is that it seems quite a bit more moist then I’m used to Nakhla being! It’s definitely fresh for sure... I mean it’s super fresh! Fresher then fresh! Almost dripping with the overwhelming freshness!
The freshest of the freshy fresh!

Smell : You ever had one of those “Thin Mint” Girl Scout cookies? If you have then you definitely know what this smells like! If you haven't had one of those cookies before, then just imagine a laid back milder version of Nakhla mint hovering at the core of a velvety sweet chocolate soul sphere. Did that make sense? I didn’t think so either...

Flavor : It all begins with the burn... that chilling frigid wave that crashes down against your lung’s inner most walls. But just before your lungs begin to feel the first signs of frost bite, the great chocolate warrior rises from his slumber to valiantly defend the fortress of your lungs and bring tidings of joy to the vast expanses of your taste buds. And joy he does bring! While the hoards of Mint goblins rage on ever strong, the might of the Chocolate warrior is known to all who witness the great battle. He cuts their numbers by a third and makes his presence known by the chocolatey light emanating from his being, casting his milky sweet magic and raining down choco-drops upon the battlefield that is your lungs and taste buds.
The war rages on for an hour... and at the end of it all, there are no winners or losers. There is only flavor... and the flavor will linger on, ever diligent, in your mind for hours to come. Reminding you of the great battle that was waged in the far off land of Hookania. Your thoughts will surely drift to it many times to come, and desire to come back only to relive the great spectacle once more.

Smoke Density : Thick and beautiful. A beauty equaled only by the temperature of the clouds it produces, so cold could you would imagine them freezing in mid-air. Tumbling to the ground and shattering into a thousand icy shards.

Buzz: My description of the flavor should give you a pretty good idea of the buzz on this one... strong and whimsical, almost Tolkien-esque. Try it, you’ll like it!

Overall Impression : Wow... I mean just, WOW! It starts out as a super strong mint and after about 5 or 10 minutes the milk chocolate flavor rises to the surface. From that point on out the smoke balances out to about (just as Mr. Bubble said) to about 70% Mint to 30% chocolate. I honestly wouldn’t have minded the chocolate being a little bit stronger, but I think Nakhla did a really fine job of finding a good balance between the two. Much like a cross between a York peppermint patty and an Andes mint. It’s a really delightful and refreshing smoke that I would be more than happy to have at least once a week. If you like Mint flavors but long for something more rich and complex, this is surely a good choice for you.

Rating : 8.7 out of 10

=================
Nakhla - Mandarin
=================

Appearance : Its your basic Nakhla all the way. Decently moist, but not soaked. I think it really feels more sticky rather then wet. Fairly coarse cut with little bits of stems here and there. I’m sure there were some logs in the full sized box, but thankfully the person who sent me the sample seems to have picked through the ma’assell to omit any large stems from my sample. But as I said, this is your standard light brown colored Nakhla ma’assell.

Smell : Like a shot of pure orange citrus extract straight up the nose. I think Nakhla Mandarin smells even more “orangey” then Nakhla Orange does. Theres also a slight sweetness to that you don’t get from Nakhla’s regular Orange flavor, which seems to fit in well with the “Mandarin” description.

Flavor : I can say with complete certainty that this is the most perfectly real orange flavor I have ever tasted in a ma’assell. The sweet candy orange flavor of Al-Fakher has it’s charms, but Nakhla Mandarin is perfectly 100% real orange tasting. Every note of it is perfect... from the sharp citrus spike on your tongue, to the depth and strength of the orange flavor itself, to the mild sweetness that lingers in your mouth after exhaling. I thought Nakhla’s regular Orange flavor was the most realistic Orange I have ever tried, but Nakhla Mandarin goes above and beyond the call of duty to deliver nothing short of perfection in the department of flavor accuracy.

Smoke Density : Nice and thick! With the right amount of heat (I use one standard Three Kings quick-light charcoal and a steel screen as opposed to foil) you get a good thick and satisfying smoke thats only slightly thinner then that of Al-Fakher. Still, no qualms here. Due to the fact that Nakhla ma’assell is more “sticky” then it is “wet” there is the potential to have it burn if too much heat is used, but I didn’t experience any burning in my session with it.

Buzz : Its definitely there in good force, but not the “hit by a truck” feeling that you may get from other Nakhla flavors. Its quite a bit stronger then what you would get from Al-Waha or even Al-Amir, and is just a little stronger then that of most Al-Fakher and Romman flavors. Pretty strong without being mind numbing.

Overall Impression : Nakhla Mandarin is a perfect example of why the word “premium” does not always mean “superior” when applied to ma’assell. There are a good number of premium Orange flavors out there that have never managed to capture the total realism of Nakhla Mandarin (i.e. Al-Fakher, Romman, Al-Amir, etc). While there are some great candy tasting orange flavors available, if you want a real true to life orange flavor then Nakhla is only one I’ve found that will deliver it. Nakhla Orange is a superbly realistic orange flavor, but Nakhla Mandarin takes it one step further to provide complete and utter realism in every aspect of the flavor. While it may be extremely difficult to find, if your looking for a realistic Orange flavor then I urge you to search and search until you can find a good source for this really rare flavor. Theres really nothing I would change about it!

Rating : 10 out of 10

=================
El Nakhla - Cola
=================

Appearance : Much softer and wetter then your standard Nakhla for sure. Perhaps I just got a really fresh box, but this stuff is really wet to a level of being “juicy”. The cut is your standard Nakhla, but the moisture level is much higher! Its a lightly golden colored ma’assell that has about the moisture content of most Al-Waha.

Smell : To be completely honest, I don’t think I have EVER smelled any ma’assell that smelled this good!! The smell can only be described as a total explosion of cherry cola candy. Its as if I was standing right over the production line inhaling the scent of the cherry cola candy being freshly made! I don’t think any language has the words to describe how overwhelmingly strong and delicious this smells!

Flavor : This is truly astounding! I know I rated the Al-Fakher Cola at 10 out of 10, but while it doesn't taste quite as strong as it smells, the strength of and quality of this flavor definitely surpasses Al-Fakher on every count. A full bodied and rich Cola flavor with a few drops of Cherry in the background that really complete this incredible flavor. It even leaves that distinct bite in the back of your throat that would get from taking a big drink of a cold soda! I think it’s safe to say that my search for the perfect cola flavor has ended right here!!

Smoke Density : Thick, thick, and double thick. You like it thick? You got it! Rich and dense, clouds of pure smoking goodness cast a white veil over all they survey.

Buzz: TRAIN-WRECK. Both myself and my smoking partner found this to be the strongest buzz we have had in the past year or so. I actually had to put the hose down every few minutes so I could regain my focus enough to write this review. The buzz on this flavor is downright narcotic. Welcome to Nakhla World 2006.

Overall Impression : Truly the most wonderful Cola flavor I have ever (and most likely ever will) taste. As much as I love Al-Fakher, their Cola flavor simply cannot compete with that of Nakhla. Everything about it was absolutely perfect and the only negative thing I could possibly say about it is that the buzz is really too strong to have it be something I could smoke every day. The flavor is certainly one I could enjoy every day, but the buzz is a monster that could will likely cripple the brain of even the most seasoned hookah smoker. I also really loved the fact that it tasted more like cherry cola then a regular cola (as I prefer cherry coke over regular coke). If you are looking for a truly wonderful and strong “cherry cola” style Cola flavor you really do owe it to yourself to buy a box of Nakhla Cola. I don’t care if all you smoke is Al-Fakher and have sworn to never touch Nakhla again, you still owe it to yourself to pick up a box of this! I bought my box of Nakhla Cola at a local store, but you can find it online at www.southsmoke.com (Currently I haven't found anywhere else that stocks Nakhla Cola). This flavor has without a doubt secured it’s place in my collection for years and years to come. If I gave Al-Fakher Cola a 10 out of 10, I have no choice but to double that rating for the Nakhla version...

Rating : 20 out of 10

=====================
El-Basha (Nakhla) - Cappuccino
=====================

Appearance : Business as usual, its just another day in the Nakhla neighborhood. A light brown colored ma’assell thats lightly moist and sticky and just as chunky as any other Nakhla. Beware the stem squad.

Smell : Its got a really nice strong smell. Smells just like freshly roasted coffee beans with a little touch of chocolate in the background. If your someone who likes coffee you’ll probably feel torn between wanting to smoke it and wanting to just sit around smelling it all day. Finger lickin’ good!

Flavor : Have you ever tried smoking a cup of light roast coffee? Yeah, me either! But if you were able to succeed at it I can only imagine that it would taste something like this. Its got a really pleasant “light roast coffee” kind of flavor, but with none of the bitterness that coffee generally leaves in your mouth after taking a sip (which is why I generally don’t drink much coffee). So you take the flavor of light roast coffee, remove all the bitterness from the aftertaste, and viola! El-Basha - Cappuccino!
I should note though that I experienced a really strong Mint type coolness to the smoke that lingered in my lungs for quite a while after smoking. This may be attributed to the fact that I used a different hookah then usual for this flavor, as I have heard that coffee flavors can often linger in the hookah and hose for quite a while. And its been so long since I last smoked the hookah I used for this one ( the “Junior w/ Case” modern hookah from www.the-hookah.com ) that I really have no idea what the last flavor I smoked in it was...although its starting to seem pretty likely that it was Mint LOL

Smoke Density : Good stuff! Good stuff! Nice and thick in that typical Nakhla fashion. Not quite as thick as Al-Fakher, but it was still darn good. Nothing at all to complain about here.

Buzz: Despite the fact that the box states this flavor is an “Ultra-Light” I still got a nice and fairly strong buzz from it. Maybe its because I smoked it first thing in the morning, but my brain was definitely swimming in that coffee coffee coolness. I’m not quite ready to call it “The best part of waking up”, but my brain is groovin on the El-Basha in my cup.

Overall Impression : While this was the first coffee flavored ma’assell that I have ever tried, I gotta say I was quite pleased with it. I’m going to assume that the mint type coolness I experienced was due to the hookah I was using it in and not some freakish tendency of El-Basha Cappuccino. And even though it tasted more like a cup of light roast coffee (with perhaps a dash of cream in it) than a cappuccino I still found myself really enjoying it. If you like the flavor of coffee, but hate the bitterness that comes with it, then perhaps you’d be better served by El-Basha instead of Folger’s.
Now that I’ve tried El-Basha Cappuccino I’d really like to give Al-Fakher’s version a try and see how they compare. But for now, I can safely say that I really enjoyed this flavor and would smoke it again when I was in the mood for something not so sweet and fruity. The council of Elrond approves!

Rating : 7.7 out of 10

• 4 weeks later...
Cocomint (250g tub)

Set-up: 32" Eypgtian, Mod Bowl, water w/ ice, 2 layers of foil, 1 Golden Coal broken into 4 pieces

Time: 50 min

Cut: fine, very few stems (took out and cleaned)

smell: minty with slight undertone of chocolate

smoke: thin at first, as coal heated picked up thickness

taste: minty chocolate. could be strong if too much heat is used. spread coals around and it smoothed back out.

Buzz: slight, but noticable

overall: 9/10 Considering I've smoked Nakhla before and hated it, I was very surprised this was so goos. I guess I knew from experience it would be strong and planned ahead (2 layers of foil - broken coal - ice water). Very happy I bought it.

HELPFUL HINT: Wash your hookah AFTER smoking Cocomint - it will flavor ANYTHING you smoke afterwards with an undercurrent of Mint.... Minty CocoPeach was surprising but yummie - LOL! tongue.gif Edited by lazria

• 1 month later...
Nakhla Chocomint

Appearance: Nice cut with a few stems. Not soaking wet, but nice and moist/oily

Smell: Smelled very mentholy, lots of mint

Taste: Well... Now I know what its like to smoke a whole pack of Kools at once... LOTS (i.e. too much) mint/menthol flavor with NO chcolate flavor. I just couldn't fine tune it enough to get any chocolate.

Smoke
: You're average smoke. Not super thick but not thin

Buzz: A nice buzz. Nothing exceptional, nice and moderate

Overall
: Eh, I wish I had got some Tangiers or something... 5/10

willing to trade, ideally for some X on the Beach... or maybe thats just wishful thinking... Edited by Big Boss

• 8 months later...
chocomint

Setup: mya saturn ,regular mya bowl. one 40mm three kings coal

Appearance: dark brown and very oily.

Smell: like a pot of boiling chocolate when the bowl is started.

Smoke: thick white clouds.

Flavor: like the after eight candy, but the mint isn`t overpowering.

Buzz: didn`t get any buzz (i smoke cigarettes too)

Duration: i smoked this for 1 hour but the bowl wasn`t completely done, the flavor lasted just as long.

Overall: 8.5/10 it had quite alot of stems but i like the flavor alot and will buy it again.

chocomint

Setup: J and R syrian with reg ceramic bowl

Smell:
like a pot of boiling chocolate when the bowl is started.
dead on.

Smoke: good clouds, not quite as thick as other brands

Flavor: perfect chocomint. neither one is overpowering.

Buzz: decent buzz.

Duration: seems to be somewhat wetter than the other nakhla i have smoked, and also lasted longer. 1 1/2 hours

Comments: good shisha, would buy again, especially as it is cheaper than many other brands.

Overall: 9/10

• 1 month later...
Nakhla ChocoMint

Cut: Typical Nakhla Cut not much stems (anyways stems make the duration longer) 

Smell:Dominant Mint very little chocolate i thought it would be the same as any 
other mint 

Smoke:pleasant filled the room with a choclaty aroma!!! didnt expect that at all WoW

Taste: Oh so pleasant it has a strong minty flavour that ends with a sweet chocl
aty after taste (just like the After eight Choclate)

Buzz: the buzz was there definetly but moderate im a cig smoker also so im used nicotine i
n my system

Overall: first impreson from smell alone thought it would be just mint flavour but i learned my lesson not to judge tobacco from its smell alone what counts is the taste and the taste was great very pleasant. overall i am very satisfied with my choic and will definetly be getting more Nakhla Choco mint biggrin.gif

• 5 months later...
NAKHLA CHOCOMINT

Setup: MYA QT, MYA bowl, 2 3KQL’s, Water base, foil

Appearance: Large flakes, brown, big stems. It’s Nakhla, albeit more moisture than the line.

Smell: Mint with a hint of Chocolate

Smoke: Nice, thick.

Flavor: Damn, it’s good. Refreshing. The chocolate doesn’t jump out at you, but it’s there and the mint in this one is very pleasant, not that overwhelming assault you get with Nakhla Mint.

Buzz: Slight.

Duration: 2 hours

Overall: 9.5/10. Consistantly a great smoking experience. I’ve been trying to get this stuff since reading the reviews here, but my local guy couldn’t get it. Mahir (Nazir) fixed that problem and glad he had it in stock (and at a great price). I enjoy this stuff while snacking on my supply of Girl Scout cookies. The balance of the mint in this shisha is very close to that of the cookies. Treat yourself to this stuff.

• 1 month later...
Nakhla ChocoMint

Setup: mya acrylic, mod bowl, nammor, 2 cocos

Smell: Like the Andie's candy mint things. Fricking AMAZING.

Taste: Very minty with a strong hint of chocolate in the background. I would think straight chocolate might be very powerful, so the mint adds a very nice cooling flavor. It's "cold" mint - almost like smoking menthol ciggys, but better. Leaves a great tingle of cold mint in your chest.

Clouds: Per Nakhla - medium to medium thick clouds. perfectly acceptable.

Duration: Worked fine for about 1.5 hours with an additional coal after the first 2 died down a little.

Buzz: Not really, but I smoke nakhla nearly exclusively - so I'm used to it.

Overally: This was a great flavor. While I like fruity flavors more, this is a good turn away from the standard fruit flavors. I cant smoke it all the time - but it's great when I do. 8/10

Note: this flavor ghosted the crap out of my nammor!! I still taste chocomint 2 bowls later. I'm smoking Nakla Mizo Peach and Mandarin and the ghosting is actually awesome. Tastes like those chocolate oranges. I will try and do a real chocomint/orange mix later, but the ghosting is just enough to make it taste interesting and neat. Wash your stuff after smoking this!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Nakhla Choco Mint

Hookah: Mya Bambino
Bowl: Small Phunnel
Screen/Foil: Reynolds HD
Hose: Standard Mya
Coals: Coconara
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Short cut, few stems, moist and sticky
Nicotine: 0.5%
Base: Molasses
Smell: Chocolate and Mint
Taste: Perfect blend of Chocolate and Mint
Smoke: Huge Clouds
Buzz: Good Buzz
Duration: 2 Hours

Purchased From: Trade from jezter6

Overall: 10/10 The mix was wonderful. Haven't been digging sweet flavors lately so this was pure orgasmic. The flavor was perfect a great chocolate taste with a real natural mint taste, can taste the flavors separately and together. On the second bowl I went a grabbed a Metromint Chocolate Mint Water and put in the base...so good I think I may have to drive somewhere to buy, cause I can't wait for more from an online vendor.

• 3 weeks later...
El Nakhla Chocomint

Set up: 30" Mya Obelisk, Large Phunnel, Nammor & Mya hose, 3 Coco-nara coals to start, followed by 2 more midway through

Smell: EXACTLY like one of those Andes mints, great smell, dead on.

Cut: typical Nakhla, very few stems in my batch

Smoke: Pretty big clouds.

Buzz: Slight buzz at the beginning but faded quickly

Taste: Amazing taste, felt like an Andes mint walked up and kicked me in the mouth. Very nice balance of Chocolate to Mint. The Mint taste on the inhale is very a refreshing sensation and the chocolate aftertaste was great.

Duration: Lasted about an hour and a half, full flavor the entire time

Overall: 10/10, will definitely keep this one stocked, currently my favorite flavor. Very refreshing change from all the fruity flavors I've had lately. Edited by Tengar

• 9 months later...
Nakhla Chocomint

Bowl: Large Phunnel

Coals: coconaras (started with 3, then added 2 more when those were running low)

Appearance: relatively dry, no stems in sight

Smell: smelled VERY strongly of... chocolate mint! Think Andes mints. My roommates could smell it in the next room while I was loading the bowl

Taste: Started off a little weak but picked really well within a few minutes-- tasted just like it smelled. The flavor stayed strong for the entire bowl.

Smoke: very good smoke, though it seemed like this was much more dependent on heat management than other shisha i have been smoking recently. the smoke died down a bit towards the end of the bowl, but I feel like I could have made it last even longer if I had thrown another coal or two on.

Buzz: Good buzz, not really overpowering but definitely noticeable

Overall: I don't really have a reason to take points off for anything, as long as you load it right and manage the coals well it's 10/10!

• 1 month later...
Nakhla Chocomint

Hookah: Khalil Mamoon OG Trimetal
Bowl: Tangiers Small Phunnel
Screen/Foil: Reynolds HD
Hose: Narbish
Coals: 2 Coconaras, split into four halves

Appearance: Average Nakhla cut
Nicotine: .5%
Base: Molasses
Smell: ChocoMINT
Taste: MINT with a hint of choco
Smoke: Could maybe get big clouds, but the "menthol" of the smoke "burned" my throat, preventing me from taking big hits.
Buzz: Typical Nakhla buzz
Duration: 45 mins to an hour.

Purchased From: HookahJohn!

Overall: 6 or 7/10 (because of the mint making it difficult to take big hits)

Otherwise, good flavor...

Nakhla Sherezade Chocomint

Hookah: Mash'al
Bowl: medium phunnel (37g)
Screen/Foil: HD Reynolds
Hose: Homemade vinyl tube
Coals: Cocos

Appearance: brownish and gooey/sticky
Nicotine: .5%
Smell: like those chocolate mints from resteraunts.
Taste: Like mint, with chocolate in the background
Smoke: awesome
Buzz: typical nakhla buzz
Duration: about 1.5 hours

Purchased From: Local distributor

Overall: 10/10 PERFECT for sure, the mint is not your usual mint, it is more of a cooling rather than the actual taste of mint, it should be called chocolate cooling. The more heat you give it the more minty it gets, the less heat, the more chocolate you can taste. Also acclimation helps lower the strength of the mint, and make the chocolate flavor more noticeable. Well done Nakhla, well done!

• 10 months later...
Setup:32” Copper Lotus Kahlil Mamoon

Flavor: [size=6]Nakhla [color="#A0522D"]Choco[/color][color="#006400"]Mint[/color][/size]

Smell: When I opened the box the smell of Tootsie Rolls was there to greet me....amazing smell, not much mint to it though 9/10(little more mint would be nice)

Taste: Fantastic, it tasted just like a warm tootsie roll with a hint of mint 10/10

Smoke: WOW ive had thick clouds but none as thick and as big as the ones out of this stuff, which suprised me because it was so dry! 10/10

Buzz: My buddy who doesnt smoke much got hit pretty hard but it was ok for me 7-8/10

Overall experience: Fantastic, i was a little worried because when i opened it up it was dry which suprised me, come to find out its supposed to be a little dryer, so with good advice, i packed it well and put alot of heat and it smoked and smelled and tasted really awsome

EASILY my favorite Shisha yet [size=6]10/10![/size]

• 1 year later...
[b]Naklah [/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]choco-mint[/font][/color]
[b]Hookah: [/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mya Bambino [/font][/color]
[b]Bowl:[/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] Tangiers small phunnel [/font][/color]
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] Reynolds Heavy Duty[/font][/color]
[b]Hose: [/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Nammor[/font][/color]
[b]Coals: coconaras [/b]
[b][b]Base Liquid:[/b][/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] Water[/font][/color]

[b]Appearance: moist and sticky, typical Naklah, few stems[/b]

[b]Nicotine: [/b][b].5
[b]Unwashed[/b]
[b]Smell: [/b][/b][font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]Smells like chocolate and mint.. my friends guessed the flavor by the smell[/color][/font]
[b]Taste: icey mint with nice chocolate taste. Blend together like a candy bar[/b]

[b]Smoke:[/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] big white clouds [/font][/color]
[b]Buzz:[/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] mellow[/font][/color]
[b]Duration: 1.5 hours[/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color]

[b]Purchased From: [/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hookah Company[/font][/color]

[b][font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]Overall: 9/10 This flavor was very tasty! The chocolate and the mint blended perfectly and tasted like a candy bar. The mint gave the smoke a wonderful icey feeling on the throat and was simply delicious. Enjoyable buzz, typical smoke session, nice clouds, what more could you ask for? If you like minty candy bars give this a shot.[/color][/font][/b]