Orange Soda

Macho555

Tangiers Orange Soda

Setup: Taqseem Junior with small Tangiers Phunnel, 1 3Kings coal

Cut: The usually Tangiers "giant-leaf-pile" style.

Smell: When I first opened it, it damn near took my breath away, it smelled so good. It actually smells far better than any orange soda I've ever had.

Smoke: Pretty much smoked like a chimney straight off. I was afraid I was burning it at first.

Flavor: Damn this stuff is good. I think it easily tasted like Orange Soda, from beginning to end. At one point the flavor got pretty intense, almost to choking point. I don't know if its the smoke or what, but I still enjoyed it.

Duration: It lasted for easily 4 hours...It would have lasted a hell of a lot longer if I thought I could take anymore. By the end I was just thrashed, lol.

Final: I'm definatly ordering this again, its a brand new favorite. I fully endorse it, and intend to order alot more Tangiers.

• 3 months later...
Tangiers Orange Soda

Setup: 22" mya, mya qt, smiley's 15 dollar kit, or SS mini egyptian.

Bowl: tangiers funnel bowl or tangiers wide bowls

Coals: three kings

Smell: smells like fresh cut oranges

Cut: long cut, normal tangiers

Smoke Thickenss: 9/10

Flavour: I love orange shisha. I would rank this as my second favorite orange shisha right under Sinbads

Buzz: 6/10. One of the more milder tangiers flavors, Def. more of a relaxing smoke

Duration: 3 hours

Overall: 9/10. I will be gettin more of this in the next few weeks. I was very happy with it

• 1 month later...
Tangiers Orange Soda:

Setup: Mya QT, MYA Wide Hose, Tangiers Medium Funnel Bowl, Glass Funnel Mod, Precut hookah foil (all i had around at friends house)

Coals: 4 Japanese-style Easy Lights, spaced around the edges

Smell: Exactly like an orange soda

Cut: Standard Tangiers, long black leaves, dripping in juice

Smoke Thickenss: Thick

Flavour: The best orange ive ever had. My brothers friend said "Definitely top 5 of flavors ive tried" and i agree.

Buzz: You know those anti-marijuana commercials with the girl melted into the chair? Thats how i felt. it was wonderfull

Duration: Only smoked one set of coals (half hour-45 minutes), but opened up afterwards, and poked with my finger, and still got juice.

Overall: 9.5 -- First time using a funnel bowl, first time using tangiers in a funnel bowl, and first time using hookah foil precut sheets (which are too small). But damn, was it amazing. all 4 of use were hookah-high right away.

• 1 month later...
Tangiers Orange Soda

Setup: 18" SS double-hose egyptian, medium funnel bowl, 40mm Golden quicklite coal broken in half, cream soda in base

Cut: Regular Tangiers, big fluffy, soaking wet

Smell: Eh... not to keen on the smell

Taste: Definitely orange soda, I didn't taste it as much, but everyone else really liked it

Smoke: Fairly thick, nothing to write home about, but better than average

Buzz: Amazing. Felt like taking the world's longest nap after only a few hits biggrin.gif

Duration: 2hrs

Overall: 9/10 - Will more than likely buy this again, if not try out other Tangiers flavors.

• 2 months later...
Tangiers Orange Soda

Smell/Flavor: Smelled like fresh cut oranges.

Cut: Big chunks of leaves. Very thick and dense.

Smoke: A good amount of smoke. Nothing crazy.

Buzz: Very slight buzz if even. Could be that ive been smoking for too long.

Amount(approx)/Duration: 1+ hours. Decided to stop, had been smoking almost all day.

Hookah Type: 26" Al Fakher Hookah. Home-made 8ft vinyl hose with Mya handles.

Bowl: Tangiers medium phunnel bowl.

Foil/Screen: I believe its diamond brand or something. Single layer, nice and thin.

Coal/Amount: Started with 3 Canary Jap Coals for about 10mins and then bumped it up to 4.

Liquid in Base: Ice and filtered water

Overall satisfaction (scale 1 to 10): 8.5/10. Orange isint one of my all time flavors but it was very tasty. It was like smoking fresh oranges with some kind of spice added in. Very good, will smoke again. Make sure you clean your hookah out well, the orange smell will linger around your hookah for a while.

• 1 month later...
Tangiers Orange Soda

Smell/Flavor: Smelled like a newly opened can of fanta orange.

Cut: Big chunks of leaves. Very thick and Fluffy type tobacco.

Smoke: A good amount of smoke. Nothing crazy.

Buzz: Little to no buzz. I had a headache but that was from before.

Amount(approx)/Duration: 30-40 minutes. Could have smoked all day.

Bowl: Tangiers medium phunnel bowl.

Coal/Amount: Two 3 Kings cut into 1/4's.

Liquid in Base: Ice cold Zephyrhills water.

Overall satisfaction (scale 1 to 10): 8/10. Like smoking fanta! Amazing orange flavor. First tangiers ever smoked and it was refreshing. Next up kiwi!

• 3 weeks later...
Orange Soda.

Cut- Amazing as always.

Smell- Heavy orange.

Smoke- THIIICK!

Flavor- Its tangiers....best flavors out there.

Buzz- slight to none, ive been smoking tangiers for 4 months or so now.

OVERALL- 10 out of 10!
I smoke this flavor alot its great! Give it a go!

• 5 weeks later...
Just got my hands on some Orange Soda Tangiers...

From everything I read here, I knew you must acculimate it before you smoke it. I left it out for a few hours...

LOOK: Black and nasty

SMELL: WOW! It smelled awsome!

We all know what Tangiers cut is: long...

I packed this stuff loosley in a clay bowl, covered it in foil and used my usual ramdom-pattern holes. Once it got heated up the smoke was thick and the flavor was right on! My session lasted as long as the coal did! The flavor never dropped off.

BUZZ: It was there! didn't last long but it was relaxing...

I was not sure what to expect from Tangiers. From what I read here, everyone kinda made it sound like it was a major production just to smoke this stuff, but I found that not to be true. You do have to pay attention to the heat a little more then usual but it was an easy smoke. I was impressed! I have to give this stuff a 9.5/10 (nothings perfect!). I liked it so much, I went back and bought Horocha and Peach Ice Tea....

Harry in the Northwoods

• 3 months later...
Tangiers - Orange Soda

Tried this over at the World Hookah, hookah lounge.

This was my first time smoking Tangiers, so of course i felt a bit intimidated.
(or as neal said "he thinks his longues are going to pop out)

Smell: If I had my eyes closed i would have thought someone just put an open can of sunkist orange soda in my face. Bottom line...it smells like orange soda....carbonated and everything.

Flavour: Well, i had a sip of my friends orange soda and compared it to the taste of the smoke, and it was pretty much identicle. So if you like orange soda than this is good for you. It isn't too citrusy, and has no cream or anything like that, its real mild as far as orange goes and sugary-sweet with a tangy after taste.

Smoke: I was smoking the tangiers real slow, and even for that it had a fairly descent smoke. It isn't too thick or overpowering, but not too thin or weak...just right.

Buzz: You get a good buzz going after the first three or four hits, its amazing.

OVERALL - 10/10 i recommend it if you know how to baby the tangiers.

thanks devil's playground, and worldhookah....or neal.

• 2 months later...
Tangiers Orange Soda

Setup: Medium Tangiers Phunnel, standard generic egyptian 32" from HS, Mya hose, started out with 3 Coconara's but then switched to 2 Coco's a minute into the session.

Smell
: Great smell. It's true to its name. Smells like orange soda

Cut: Long, lanky cuts of tobacco

Appearance: This stuff isn't dyed like Starbuzz. It's a really dark brown, almost black, shisha. I'm glad its not dyed, as that gives it an 'artificial' look to it.

Acclimation: 24 hours

Smoke: Smoke was good. Nice and thick right off the bat. No harshness whatsoever.

Flavor
: Flavor was great. I really liked it. All the other orange flavors I have smoked I didn't like because they had a 'artificial fruit' flavor. This stuff doesn't, and I like that. Its got the "I'm drinking a Sunkist!" flavor.

Duration: I smoked for about an hour or so. I didn't get tired of the flavor or anything, I just had some other stuff to do. I plan on finishing the bowl tomorrow.

Buzz: Usually when I smoke Tangiers I notice a buzz. I didn't notice one this time... huh.gif

Overall: Great stuff. I recommend it if you like orange flavor. Check it out, kids.

Rating: I'm giving this a 9.0 out of 10. It didn't let me down and I have no qualms with it at all. Great flavor that is true to its name.

Tangiers Orange Soda

Setup: Small Tangiers Phunnel, KM 35" Blue Caravan, Nammor hose, started out with 3 Coco-Naras.

Smell
: Smells just about as close to orange soda as you could imagine tobacco doing so.

Cut: Standard Tangiers long cut.

Appearance: Dark, black, wet, sticky shisha.

Smoke: Tangiers has pretty much the thickest smoke attainable in my opinion. This is no different from any other flavor.

Flavor
: I won't get into too much detail.. Imagine drinking an Orange Soda, and you've just tried this flavor. It's everything short of actually drinking the real thing.

Duration: Smoked until the Coco-Naras burned out.. A little over an hour and a half..

Buzz: Normal Tangiers buzz - will usually put you on your ass. But I'm getting used to it, ha.

Overall: This is one of the top tier flavors when it comes to any brand/type of tobacco. If you know how to pack Tangiers this is a must-have.

Rating: I'm going to give this a rating of 8.75/10. Which is the second highest rating I've ever given a tobacco. One of my favorite flavors easily. Edited by PuRecHi

• 7 months later...
Tangiers Orange Soda

Setup:
MYA QT w/ CH Coals
Bowl: MYA bowl
Hose: Razan
Screen/Foil: Social Smoke Hookah Foil
Liquid In base: Ice water

Cut: Medium cut. Typical Tangiers. A few larger pieces. No stems. Very juicy.

Smell: Very strong tobacco smell before acclimating, very strong tobacco smell even after acclimating for several weeks.

Taste: Orange soda, no doubt. If the idea of smoking a warm Orange Crush seems appealing to you, definately hit this up.

Smoke Thickness: Weak. Granted, I have not mastered Tangiers yet and flip-flop between ultra-harsh/good smoke and good taste/weak smoke. I may not be qualified to judge in this category.

Buzz: Um... I couldn't stand up for the entire session. Borderline nauseating.

Duration: Again, due to my inadequacies, the longest I ever smoked this flavor was ~30 min. It would just eventually make me sick and I would put it away.

Overall: 3/10 - Since I blame myself for the smoke and duration, I base this rating purely on flavor. I picked this because of all the raves on the forum about it. Perhaps it was just too sweet for me, but I just didn't find it satisfying. It wasn't just sweet, it was sickenly sweet. I will not purchase this again in the future.

• 2 weeks later...
Tangiers Orange Soda

Hookah: Mya Bambino
Bowl: Tangiers Mini Phunnel
Screen/Foil: Reynolds HD
Hose: Synthetic Leather Hose
Coals: Coconaras
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Short Cut, Dark, Moist. Standard Tangiers Consistency
Nicotine: 0.3%
Base: Molasses
Smell: Like Orange Soda
Taste: Like Orange Soda
Smoke: Great Clouds
Buzz: Strong
Duration: 2 Hours

Purchased From:
Hookah-Shisha.com

Overall: 9/10 I was worried about this I am not big Orange Soda fan, but everyone loves it. It's a great flavor. I really like it. It isn't a flavor I can smoke all the time, but it will definitely be rotating in the stash every now and then.

Tangiers Orange Soda
Shisha Cut: Medium, wet
Hookah Type: 34" KM Double Dual Tone
Duration: 1.0 hour
Bowl: Tangiers Large Phunnel
Foil/Screen: double layer RHD
Coal/Amount: 3 Coconaras
Smoke: Thick
Buzz: None
Smell/Flavor: Strong orange soda smell, just like Orange Crush. Authentic taste
Overall: 9/10. Along with Nakhla Mandarin, this is one of my favorite orange flavored smokes. Not orange-y in a bite-into-an-orange taste, but like orange soda

• 8 months later...
Tangiers Orange Soda

Hookah: KM OG TriMetal
Bowl: Tangiers Small Phunnel
Hose: Razan
Coals: Coconaras

Smell: Orange
Taste: Just like it smells....orange. Though it has a some undertone or pop to it that i cant put my finger on....it compliments the main flavor well
Smoke: Doomsday clouds
Buzz: I had to stop for a little bit...that bad.

Purchased From:
Hookahjohn

Overall: 9.5/10. The best orange flavor i have had. Took off .5 because it was hard for me to manage my heat to make it get the right amount of clouds without making it harsh. Could have just been me though.

• 1 month later...
Tangiers Orange Soda

[b]Packing:[/b] Standard Tangiers Dense Pack w/ Foil Test

[b]Smell:[/b] Orange Soda.

[b]Heat:[/b] About average for Tangiers....small margin of error for heat management.

[b]Taste:[/b] This isn't so much Orange Soda, but instead the syrup used to flavor Orange Soda. Amazingly accurate flavor.

[b]Stash Priority:[/b] None.

[b]Final Thoughts:[/b] I haven't come across a flavor that is more accurate to it's namesake than this one. Orange Soda is just that...minus the carbonation. However, with such a strong flavor and resounding sweetness, it becomes borderline obnoxious. Ok, it becomes horridly obnoxious. Every pull coats your mouth with an artificial orange flavor and leaves a somewhat sugary residue feeling on the exhale. For those who embrace the super sweet and upfront flavored smokes, will find their home with Tangiers Orange Soda. For those, who refuse to be smashed over the head with a cast iron skillet of sugar soaked, one dimensional flavor, would do well to avoid this one.

• 5 months later...
[size=2][color=#1C2837][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][b]
[color=#1C2837][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][b]Tangiers Orange Soda[/b][/font][/color][/size]
[color=#1C2837][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][b]
[/b][/font][/color]Hookah:[/b] KM Trimetal
[b]Bowl:[/b] Tangiers small
[b]Screen/Foil: [/b]HD Foil
[b]Hose: [/b]Nammor
[b]Coals: [/b]Japanese[b] [/b]
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water

[b]Appearance:[/b] Typical oily/juicy.
[b]Nicotine: [/b]Maximal
[b]Base: [/b]KM Pharonie
[b]Smell:[/b] Just as other reviewers have said: Sunkist.
[b]Taste: [/b]Like the spray that comes from opening a can of Sunkist or Crush Orange.
[b]Smoke: [/b] Thick and velveteen.
[b]Buzz: [/b]Block out the next two hours on your schedule.
[b]Duration: [/b]1 hour
[b]Purchased From: [/b]Aztec Highway (if ever in Salt Lake, do stop by) [/font][/color][size=2][font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][color="#1C2837"]This flavor was absolutely shocking. I am impressed that someone can make this abundance of flavor in a tobacco. It's truly artful and should be revered as such. It is the best orange to date, having tried Nak Mandarin and Pharaoh's Orange. My only complaint is the shelf life of this particular flavor. Wanting to use it sparingly, I saved it for a few months and packed the occasional treat of a bowl. It became impossible to smoke after 6 months and I believe it prematurely fermented. Smoke it quickly, there is no need to hoard it as I did. Also---- mix this with vanilla and you will have one of the greatest flavors to touch a bowl. [/color][/font][/size][size=2][font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][color="#1C2837"]9.5/10 [/color][/font][/size]

• 3 months later...
[b]Tangiers Orange Soda [/b]

[b]Hookah:[/b] KM Pear
[b]Bowl:[/b] Tangiers Small Phunnel
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Kroger Brand Heavy Duty
[b]Hose:[/b] KM
[b]Coals:[/b] Coconaras
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water

[b]Appearance: [/b]Dark, nice cut, moist and kinda sticky
[b]Nicotine:[/b] 0.3%
[b]Base:[/b] Molasses
[b]Smell: [/b]Like Orange Faygo
[b]Taste:[/b] Like vert strong orange, Almost like the time that i put orange essential oil into the water in my MZ and then smoked Nak Orange.
[b]Smoke:[/b] Pretty Damn Good
[b]Buzz:[/b] It hit me pretty fast, i had to take a break from smoking.
[b]Duration:[/b] 1hr

[b]Overall:[/b] 9.5/10. This is a great orange taste. it is the first flavor of Tangiers I have tried, but i really like it. I only did 1 round of coals because the buzz really knocked me off my feet, and I didn't wanna over do it.

• 2 years later...
Tangiers Orange Soda

Hookah: Mya gelato
Bowl: Crown Micro Phunnel
Screen/Foil: Precut foil circles
Hose: Standard Mya
Coals: QL Golden coal cut in half

Appearance: Dark, nice cut, moist and kinda sticky
Smell: Like Orange Faygo
Taste: Like very strong orange. You can def tell its an orange soda not just a straight orange
Smoke: Pretty Damn Good
Buzz: It hit me fairly fast but I powered through it
Duration: 1.5 hrs

Overall: 9.5/10. This is a great orange taste. it is the first flavor of Tangiers I have tried, but i really like it. I only did 1 round of coals because I was short on time. Thanks to all the great packing tutorials because I got it to smoke great and taste wonderful my first time :)

• 10 months later...

Tangiers Orange Soda

Hookah:
KM Kafe

Bowl: Harmony

Hose: Fancyhose

Coals: 4 CH halves

Nicotine: unsure
Smell: Like an orange tootsie pop (unsure why but i get a dark tone in there, similar to the artificial chocolate taste in a tootsie pop)

Taste: Just like it smells, but I do taste a slight "carbonated" taste on occasion.
Smoke: Big clouds

Buzz: Stronger than some other tangiers flavors

Overall: 5/10 I don't really like this flavor. I think it tastes like a tootsie pop and the orange doesn't really stand out to me. I get a huge tobacco undertone mixed with an artificial chocolate (probably what makes the carbonated soda flavor) and it's just not me. To some this flavor is what you'd expect and first time I tried it I thought it was good but after my tastes have refined i've decided it's not one of my favorites by far.