Kashmir Peach

throwthisaway

Tangiers Kashmir Peach

Set up: Mya QT with Tangiers phunnel bowl, foil, and 4 Japanese coals.
I used this hole arrangement. Keep in mind that the hole above the phunnel opening was larger than the others. The other holes were made with a corn on the cob skewer.
[img]http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/6282/bowlpatternoi6.png[/img]

Smell: Extremely aromatic. A very pungent smell of a 'spiced' peach.

Look: A near-matte brownish-black look on the leaves post 4-hour acclimation and stirring. Dark, gooey, shiny color after stirring up.

Flavor: Outstanding. The smoke was thick instantly, and extremely smooth, and the flavor was very subtle and delicious. Not overpowering at all, which one could easily expect after smelling the shisha. I picked up a 'Premium Ginger Ale' with dinner tonight, and the pungent flavor of that reminded me instantly of the Kashmir Peach. I would say do not expect an overpowering spiced peach flavor, but rather a delicate, succulent one. Again, outstanding. One of the best flavors I've ever had.

Buzz: The buzz hit me like a ton of bricks. After four large hits, I felt like I was floating above the couch, and my hands were tingly along with the rest of my body. All my friends experienced a similar buzz, all of which lasted for the duration of the smoke.

Overall: I loved it. The session lasted for over 3 hours, with two rounds of coals, 4 on the first round, and 3 on the next. It easily could have gone for another 45 minutes to an hour after we stopped, as there was still some left over when we emptied the bowl. This was easily one of the most pleasurable hookah experiences I have had.

5/5

Tangiers Blueberry

Set up: Same as above

Smell: Extremely aromatic as well. A very pungent smell that reminded me of a fresh blueberry muffin.

Look: Same as above

Flavor: Also outstanding. It was more of the same as far as flavor went. Very subtle, but still very flavorful. Definitely captured the blueberry flavor well, and it never became too fruity for my tastes.

Buzz: Same buzz as above, just great. That is, if you don't have to operate heavy machinery in the near future.

Overall: I really loved it, and I am now entirely convinced of Tangiers' products excellence. This flavor and the Kashmir Peach in combination with the quality phunnel bowl, and great Japanese coals made for the best smoking experiences ever. I highly reccomend either of the afforementioned flavors, and the phunnel bowl. It is not a puchase I will regret, and I can't wait to smoke again.

• 2 weeks later...
Tangiers Kashmir Peach
Setup: 28" Social Smoke Egyptian, cold tap water in the base. New funnel bowl. Holes poked in the foil around the funnel and around the edge. One hole in the center. I filled up the bowl almost to the top of the funnel.
Smell: Not really a peach smell but after sitting out for a while you could catch a hint of peach. Awesome, yet unfamiliar scent.
Cut: Very thick, big leaves.
[url="http://imageshack.us"][img]http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/5959/shishahb0.jpg[/img]
Coals: I started off using a 3 Kings and quickly added a chunk of natural. I was afraid the natural would roll off and burn something since I wasn't able to use my wind cover, but it was O.K.
[img]http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/6076/0914060243pc3.jpg[/img]
Flavor Flav!!!: Sorry bout that, couldn't help myself. But yeah the flavor was different. I expected to taste peach with a hint of spice, but it was the other way around. I really enjoyed it, as well as my friends. Next time a smoke this I'm going to mix it with some regular peach. It was like nothing I've ever tasted before. Awesome.
Smoke: It started off weak. I put more coal and it got a little better. The foil was getting sucked on top of the funnel. I used a toothpick to pic up on the foil and WHAM!! huge smoke clouds!! I left the toothpick on to give some space between the foil and funnel, worked great.
[img]http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/1505/0914060400kf5.jpg[/img][/url]
We smoked for about two hours. The smoke never got harsh and never lost flavor. Great smoke.
Buzz: I was a little worried to try this because a had a really bad headache all day and I heard Tangiers packs a punch. Well I'll be damned I had the best buzz ever from shisha and no sign of my headache!!! My friends agree it was a great buzz!
Overall: Very enjoyable smoke. Great flavor, great smoke, and long lasting. I'm sure it will only get better with experience. As for the bowl- Awesome.
I'm gonna rate not just the bowl and shisha but the session. 4/5. I think I'm going to name my child after the great Tangiers!!! J/K Nice job Eric!!

Tangiers Kashmir Peach

Hookah: Mya QT
Bowl: Large Tangiers Bowl (not funnel)
Hose: Mya Wide
Tobacco: Tangiers Kashmir Peach
Foil: I don't know... the shiny kind from safeway
Holes: toothpick holes all over, roughly circualr pattern
Tobacco Condition: Very unusual cut (compared to al waha, nakhla, al amir, etc), very juicy, smell was very strange, and rather strong.
Coals: Nour Fingers
Smoke: Started thin, moved the coal around a bit and got decently thick smoke, and I understand what people mean by it being harsh. I didn't find it to be harsh, but when it was smoking great (most of the time) there was a slight tickle in the back of my throat. Didn't bother me or my girlfriend.
Flavor intensity/longevity: Very strong flavor, unlike other shishas, the flavor was undeniable. only smoked for an hour, bowl would have lasted easily 3 or 4+
Flavor: Honestly not one I find particularly pleasant. I do love the fact that it was very strong, but it didn't go great with my taste buds.
Time: An hour

8/10
I won't buy this one again, but I am looking very forward to trying more tangeirs flavors.

• 1 year later...
Tangiers Kashmir Peach

Photos forthcoming when I get my camera back from repair (filled bowl + foil/coal setup)

Pipe: 12 inch Mya Bambino, chilled in a freezer for 15 minutes.

Filter: Chilled White Tea with about 12 small ice cubes.

Bowl: Medium Phunnel bowl.

Coals: Golden Coals. I started with two full 33mm quicklites and two quarters in a cross formation, rotating them 45 degrees at 5 and 45 minutes into the smoke, and added two more halves to replace the quarters about an hour into the bowl.

Smell: Undefinable Indian spices with a strong underlay of Peach.

Cut: Standard Tangiers long cut, thicker than other flavours and very juicy.

Beverage: Double sea breeze (Vodka, Cranberry and Grapefruit juice, splash of lime).

Duration: 15 minutes longer than the movie I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry.

Smoke: 8.5/10. Very thick, zero harshness.

Buzz: 9.5/10. When I got up to go to the bathroom I wobbled a bit. There was light-headedness and a bit of pressure but not painful.

Flavour: 9/10. Spicy, I'd just eaten some curried shrimp and it wasn't dissimilar. There is a strong peach flavour but the Kashmir taste dominates it nicely.

Overall: 9/10. I highly recommend this tobacco if you have any smoking experience, and if you're looking for something new. Kashmir Peach is a bit stronger than other Tangiers flavours, but it's subtly strong in that you won't notice it after 5 minutes or so. I got smoke from the very first draw, and after 5 or 6 slow, steady draws it was going in full force. The sea-breeze was a nice compliment to the flavour, but next time I might try some herbal tea or straight rum. After smoking the flavour lingered in my mouth and throat for about 30 minutes, especially the peach flavour, which was enjoyable. If you like Tangiers, this flavour is a must-try.

• 8 months later...
Tangiers Kashmir Peach

Setup: Syrian 3 hose chiller, heba diffuser, Small Tangiers Phunnel, 1 piece of foil, 2 Coco's to start, added a 3rd about 20 minutes in

Smell: VERY strong spiced smell, esp. during acclimating. After 8 hours, you still have that spice smell, followed by peach

Cut: Long Cut, seems to be standard Tangiers from all the pics I've seen

Smoke Thickenss: Thick for the most part, but I think I might've over packed it a tad, so it wasn't as thick as I'd like.

Flavour: EXTREME! Like a indian spiced, juicy peach

Buzz: Great buzz. Didn't make me sick, but it definately took things to a different level

Duration: I had 4 ppl smoking a bowl, and we only went through 1.5 hours. I opened it up, doesn't look like it's been touched.. I'll have to reburn it.

Overall: 10/10 - This was my first attempt at Tangiers.. While I need to improve my bowl packing alittle to get it perfect, I got it close enough to avoid thin, harsh smoke. It was an amazing flavor, all the way through it till the coals burned out, and everyone had their fill. Nothing but HUGE compliments from this. I cannot recommend this enough.

• 1 month later...
Tangiers Kashmir Peach

Hookah: Mya QT
Bowl: Small Phunnel
Screen/Foil: Reynolds HD
Hose: Nammor
Coals: Coconara
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Short rough cut, typical Tangiers
Nicotine: 0.3%
Base: Molasses
Smell: Pure Kashmir with a slight peach undertone
Taste: Tasted just like it smelled, It's hard for me to taste the undertone, had the same problem with apple it's there but only slightly.
Smoke: Great Clouds
Buzz: Great Buzz
Duration: 2 Hours

Purchased From:
hookah-shisha.com

Overall: 10/10 I love the kashmir flavor, I just wish the peach undertone was a bit stronger.

• 1 month later...
Tangiers Kashmir Peach

Since joining this forum, I have heard of the majesty that is Tangiers. It is rated highly across the board for flavor, smoke, and buzz, and I knew as I got deeper into hookah that I simply must give Tangiers a shot. After smoking enough AF to get myself used to the nicotine, I decided that I was ready for Tangiers, as it seems to be a rite of passage for the budding hookah smoker. This is my first time ever trying it, so was it worth it?

Appearance: Long, thin strips of dark shisha, with a few stems here and there. Very juicy.
Smell: I left this out to acclimate when I went to work, and when I came home the smell was there to greet me before I even reached the door to my room. A very pleasant peach smell, with a definite presence of some spice. Very, very nice.
Taste: A whole lot of spice, with a peachy undertone. At first, there was a throat tickle, but as the coal died down, it went away, allowing me to take power hits. I blame this 100% on user error (it was my first time, and I hear packing and heat management with this stuff are tricky). I loved the flavor, but I could have used a little less Kashmir and a little more peach. Not a deal-breaker by any means, but more peach would have been nice.
Smoke: Whoa! Huge clouds from the first pull, and they did not let up until the coals died off. Incredible
Buzz: I am surprised. Everyone on the forum built this up to the point where I was expecting a trainwreck, black-out buzz. Don't get me wrong, the buzz was outstanding, but it is not unmanageable. I almost went with the Lucid to avoid it, but I'm so glad I didn't. Stout and relaxing, this is the most buzzed I've been since I first started smoking. I love it.

As a side note: One of my friends tried this out with me, and he has smoked the hookah on several occasions, but never inhaled. He decided to put a Tangiers buzz to the test, which ended up being a mistake. He inhaled maybe 5 times and was stumbling and mumbling like a drunken idiot. It goes to show that this is not starter shisha by any means. your mileage may vary.

Overall: My first Tangiers experience, and I am already in love. With a full, bold flavor, thick smoke, and a powerful buzz, I am completely sold. There is not a bad thing to say about it, and I simply cannot wait to try any and every other Tangiers flavor there is. The Kashmir Peach is amazing, and everyone else at the table loved it as well. A definite must-have.

As always, feedback and recommendations via PM are welcome and encouraged.

• 3 months later...
Tangiers Kashmir peach

Smell: Smells like....Kashmir? What ever that is and a hint of peach. Really really good smell.

Cut: Tangiers.

Smoke: Great clouds

Buzz: none (i smoke cigs)

Amount(approx)/Duration: 3 hours.

Hookah Type: Km Faridat

Hose: Km deluxe hose.

Bowl: Tangiers Small Phunnel

Foil/Screen: Hd Ren Foil, lots o' holes

Coal/Amount: Inhale

Liquid in Base: Aqua

Taste: OMFG! So good, tastes just like it smells

Overall satisfaction (scale 1 to 10): 10/10 Great flavor another favorite, cant smoke it all the time though cause I could see myself getting sick of it really quick. Also it might not be for everyone. I would suggest getting a sample from someone before buying it.

• 2 months later...
I talked to Mush last night about reposting some of my old Tangiers reviews from long before there was this fancy review section, and he was down. I'll include the original review date. Notice that some of these reviews are from samples Eric sent me, hooking me forever on his brand.

Pusher.

Original Review Date: 3/15/06
Flavor Reviewed: Tangiers’ Kashmir Peach
Setup:
MYA screw on acrylic
Ma’assel Total Weight:
I didn’t weigh this, but it was very generous. My guess would be around 120 grams for a free sample.

Background:
I was lucky to get in on the most recent sample offering from Tagniers, and I must say, the man is very, very generous. He sent me seven flavors, my guess is close to a total weight of 750 grams. Therefore, he is also my new hero. From now on, instead of throwing away the foil after a smoking session, I am going to save it, and construct a life-sized statue out of him that will live in my closet. Every time I get ready to smoke, I will whisper sweet nothings into the statue’s ear, and ask for prosperity in my smoking session. Occasionally I might smack it on the ass as well.

Appearance:
Woah. Going from Starbuzz to this was a change. But I like it, it feels real. It looks almost like chewing tobacco. Whole pieces of rich, black tobacco. There’s no hiding what you’re smoking here, and it’s a beautiful thing. The large chunks pack easily, and allow plenty of air to go through. This stuff is moist and sticky, but not quite to the point it is doing the backstroke in juices.

Smell:
Well, the undertones are easier to describe, so we’ll start there. The undertones are the peach, plain and simple, and least according to my nose. It smells like a big ripe peach. Not really artificial at all to me. But the smell that really hits you is the spiciness of the Kashmir. It almost reminds me of a spiced drink or pumpkin pie, something of that nature, with hints of jasmine and other things I can’t identify.

Flavor:
First off, the peach flavor was the underdog here, at least to me. My guess is about 60/40, in favor of the Kashmir. The peach isn’t one of the “candy” flavors, more like Nakhla I guess. You know it’s peach you taste; it’s simply a little abstract. Now, the spiciness of the Kashmir is hard for me to put into words. There are so many flavors going around in there, it’s just insane. I taste everything from hints of cinnamon to jasmine, with a flavor like a spiced drink, minus the drink part. Maybe like one of those scented candles. I don’t know, this one has got me in terms of words, but I love it. You don’t just taste the flavor, you feel the spices as well.

Smoke Density:
Rich. Thick. Manly. There’s no silk to this stuff. If you don’t pay attention, it will kick you in the nuts, and the worst part is you’re bound to like it. It took me three minutes or so to get up to full smokage, but from then on it was full steam ahead, batten down the hatches, Captain.

Roomnote:
My father said it smelled like potpourri, which I guess I could see. My mom really liked the smell, and sat and talked with me while I smoked for about 45 minutes, just because she liked the smell. Both my parents are non-smokers.

Buzz:
I expected a runaway train. Instead, it was more like easing your way into a sauna. It builds up slowly, until you feel it through you’re whole body. It’s a little sloppy feeling, but mellow at the same time. I like it.

Overall Impressions:
I’ll be honest. It took me three times smoking Tangiers’ to get the hang of packing, smoking, and the heat management. This stuff is different, it feels a lot less refined. I had to start out slow, but by my third bowl, I was super into it. I can’t see myself smoking a whole lot of anything else from now on. As for the flavor, well, it pretty much kicks ass. This stuff is special. It’s different. It’s amazing, and I am in love.

Rating:
10.0 out of 10.0

• 2 weeks later...
/jackin Stuie's format

Tangiers Kashmir Peach

Hookah: KM single pear
Bowl: MNH mini glass
Screen/Foil: S&S HD
Hose: Razan
Coals: CH nats
Base Liquid: Warm Water

Appearance: Short Cut, Dark, Moist. Standard Tangiers Consistency
Nicotine: 0.3%
Base: Molasses
Smell: wtf is Kashmir? warm, floral, spicey, incense-like, with a definite peach undertone
Taste: Wonderful, totally yummy
Smoke: Great Clouds
Buzz: ehhh; sometimes its on, sometimes its not
Duration: 2 Hours, easily more even in the mini glass

Purchased From:
hookahjohn.com

Overall: 10/10 This is probably my first ten out of ten. This blew me away. Might even knock guava out of my Tangiers top spot...

• 2 months later...
Tangiers Kashmir Peach

Setup:
Small Havanna with icewater, egyptian bowl, generic foil, exotica semi-QL in halves

Tobacco:
This was my first pack of tangiers, and it caught me off guard. I was expecting shisha covered in red dye, the natural color kind of creeped me out. The cut was good, though, with very few stems.

Smell:
This smelled waaaay too strong coming out of the bag. After acclimation, the kashmir smelled a little better. Up close it smelled very, very floral with a subtle peach smell. It made my living room smell great while it was acclimating.

Taste:
I smoked several bowls of this, and the floral taste turned me off on it immediately. It may have been a heat management issue, because it did get better the more I smoked it. The floral kashmir flavor is immensely strong, and it takes a while to get used to. Eventually I started cutting it with AF vanilla and it was great. I went back to smoking it all by itself, and I could start picking up the peach undertones on the inhale. It might repulse you at first, but it grows on you, and eventually you start to crave it.

Buzz/Smoke:
Clouds were really dense when I had the heat right, but I used less coal just to be safe. I imagine if you used two coals you could get some really heavy smoke. This smoke also came with a huge buzz.

Overall:
7.5/10: This was good tobacco, though it was not what I expected. I will probably order it again someday, but it's not something I would keep around all the time

• 9 months later...
Tangier's Kashmir Peach

[b]Setup[/b]: Mya QT
[b]Foil:[/b] Cheap precut stuff from H-S
[b]Bowl:[/b] HJ Alien Mini
[b]Coals[/b]: 2 ch nats
[b]Hose:[/b] Caravan grand washable
[b]Liquid in base[/b]: cold water

[b]Appearance: [/b]short cut, wet (Typical Tangier's
[b]Smell: [/b]Floral w peach overtone
[b]Taste: [/b]Floral
[b]Smoke:[/b] Huge Clouds
[b]Buzz:[/b] Very nice buzz
[b]Duration:[/b] 2 Hours
Aclimation: 1+hrs
Purchased from Hookah John

9/10
I really enjoy this flavor. The experience is the same as the Bug powder, except there is a very nice buzz added to it. The floral flavour is definitely something I'd have to get used to, meaning it is an acquired taste. I'll definitely keep this around, but I wouldn't smoke it often.

• 2 years later...
[b]Tangiers Kashmir Peach[/b]

[b]Appearance: [/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The usual tangiers cut, small with just the right amount of juice[/font][/color]
[b]Smell:[/b] Peachy with deff notes of what i am going to assume is Kashmir
[b]Taste: [/b]Peach mostly with a kind of spicy undertone that i again assume is Kashmir

[b]Overall: [/b]This was my first Tangiers flavor that i ever tried, and whenever i can get it, it is still my fav flavor, a true 10/10

Tangiers Noir Kashmir Peach

Hookah: Khalil Mamoon OG Trimetal
Bowl: Tangiers Mini Phunnel
Screen/Foil: Reynolds Heavy Duty Foil
Hose: Nammor Custom
Coals: Golden Canaries (3 per round)
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Standard Tangiers Look.
Smell: Mostly Kashmir, with Peach throw in there.
Taste: Just like it smells.
Smoke: Standard Tangiers clouds
Buzz: This one buzzed me quite a bit... I think the Kashmir flavors really do pack a bigger buzz...
Duration: ~1 hour

Purchased From: Trade with Boludo- Thanks buddy!

Overall: 9/10. Why knock it a point? Because I only wish there was more peach and a bit less kashmir. But still damn good! Gotta try it.

(Review originally written May 2011)