Episode 7

Stuie

Then 8 and 9.....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/disney-says-it-is-buying-star-wars-maker-lucasfilm-for-405-billion-from-george-lucas/2012/10/30/dc0ace18-22cc-11e2-92f8-7f9c4daf276a_story.html

No, Disney! That's a Bad Disney!

Is this real?? If so,

[img]http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/10328880.jpg[/img]

Everything after Return of the Jedi has been basically crap. George Lucas needs to quit, and Disney does NOT need to take it over... Even though I think it could very well have more potential in their hands (look at Pirates of the Caribbean, National Treasure, TRON Legacy... they can make some good movies). After reading some of the Expanded Universe Star Wars books, that take place after Return of the Jedi and shows Luke training new Jedi, Han and Leia getting married and having kids, etc., I could see some good films being made from all the source material that has been written, if done properly. Pretty interesting stuff, actually. The 20-something book series about the Yuuzhan Vong invasion is amazing and would look awesome on film. Hell, the actors from the original trilogy are actually now the somewhat-appropriate ages for that time period (Han and Leia's kids are in their 20s).

Overall though, if it's gonna be crap don't bother.

hey im all for disney making more money lol, but the movies will not be thats great. but ya know waht george lucas just made a damn good pretty penny 4 billion dollar OMG what do you do with that.? when he has that before he sold it lol. crazy

I just hope this is proof that George Lucas is retired and DONE. The man screwed up the prequels and he screwed up Indiana Jones 4. Oh, and Red Tails. That could have been a great movie had he not had anything to do with it. Blew dogs for quarters. Essentially, he ruins anything he touches now, and he should be stopped.

I'm pretty stoked for these to come out.

I don't see Disney doing worse than "pretty average movie" with Star Wars. It'll be fun!

The thing I'm most afraid of is people going crazy over Star Wars, and how any time something new is made it "ruins everything". Basically, it's going to be impossible to please some people, and they will spend a solid decade complaining about it...

[quote name='ezxen' timestamp='1351658918' post='559588']
Disney owns marvel witch ownes joss whedon [u][b]i would love Whedon to do Star wars[/b][/u]
[/quote]

I like your spirit!

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1351643105' post='559567']
I just hope this is proof that George Lucas is retired and DONE. The man screwed up the prequels and he screwed up Indiana Jones 4. Oh, and Red Tails. That could have been a great movie had he not had anything to do with it. Blew dogs for quarters. Essentially, he ruins anything he touches now, and he should be stopped.
[/quote]

What didn't you like about Red Tails? Personally, I thought it was an excellent movie! Getting back on track, have mixed emotions about all this. As a super Star Wars nerd I really hope the next one isn't crap. But, I totally agree with you that there is so much material from the expanded universe they can use!

Red Tails had a horrible script. Visually the movie was great, but that's about it.

If Disney does a trilogy set 30 years after Return of the Jedi and can get Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, and Carrie Fisher on board, it could be really awesome. Would have to introduce some really strong characters as well along with an excellent script. I see that Lucas would be on as a creative consultant. As long as he doesn't micromanage the whole thing, it'll be good.

Tapatalk'd via iPhone

[quote name='Stuie' timestamp='1351700493' post='559610']
[img]http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/LusbV-395x1024.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
This

And Indi 4 is also in part Spielberg fault( co wrote the script) allot of people don't relies Spielberg and Lucas are secretly married.

[quote name='ezxen' timestamp='1351703603' post='559611'][quote name='Stuie' timestamp='1351700493' post='559610']
[img]http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/LusbV-395x1024.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
This

And Indi 4 is also in part Spielberg fault( co wrote the script) allot of people don't relies Spielberg and Lucas are secretly married.[/quote]

No, Lucas wrote the script. Spielberg said in an interview that he shouldn't have gone along with it. Basically, to make it happen, Lucas had to have a script and Ford and Spielberg had to be on board. Spielberg now regrets it, and rightfully so. So I don't blame him. This is why I have somewhat high hopes for Jurassic Park 4- Spielberg isn't going to do it unless it's good.

Tapatalk'd via iPhone

[quote name='Stuie' timestamp='1351716526' post='559624']
[img]http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/disney-princesses.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

YAY

I am glad that disney has it, atleast it will live on even longer, and i doubt that they will ruin the series any more than it has been....