Hurricane Sandy

Rani

I know there are power outages, etc., but could the East Coast people in the path of the hurricane check in when you get a chance? I'm pretty sure everyone else wants to know you're safe too........

'Rani

I lost power for a little bit, something like 30 minutes or so, I have the generator set up in case it goes out again. It's hooked up so that within about 2 minutes i can have my fridges, my cable, my tv, and some lamps all running.

I am really really over sandy though, as of now, my closing is cancelled...it was supposed to be tomorrow. I am straight up heated

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abawK4JRT2w"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abawK4JRT2w[/url]

[quote name='kenshinx23' timestamp='1352091793' post='559949']
my car got totaled
[/quote]

Dude, I'm sorry to hear that :(

I have family that lives in Howard Beach (Queens for all of you unfamiliar with New York City) and I was reading before that pretty much ALL cars in that neighborhood were totaled.

The damages suck........ And I understand there's another storm on the way, and if that's not bad enough, I guess some insurance companies are probably going to be difficult since it's "an Act of God"? I hope that's not true, but most importantly I'm glad it seems everybody is safe. Cars, even homes, can be replaced. Body parts, not so much.

'Rani

i have a 68 barracudda, that can't be replaced. but i protection against everything, even god himself. So i got the full value of it back, and they let me keep the car, since i was never going to sell it anyway, the salvage tittle makes no difference to me at all, and i can fix it good as new with 1/4th money i got. Its just sucks for a lot of my friends, they are getting nothing back. Watched a brand new bmw M5 sedan being crushed and cubed on sunday =[. Broke my heart in worse ways then a woman ever can.

• 2 weeks later...
I know I'm a little late but as far north I am in NJ, we were hit hard. We still have trees down in our development. We lost two trees in our yard. thankfully my brother was quick enough to buy a chainsaw, as well as 2 generators for us to have heat and water here.

My girlfriends shore house, thankfully was untouched. Our friends, however, got washed away in Seaside Heights.

We lost power from Oct 29th until Nov 9th.

Thankfully everyone I knew who was affected in some way, is fine.

We were out of heat for a week and an half. I stayed at my parents house. Our landlord gave us the choice of a free heater or $65 off the rent. I took the $65 off the rent.

Besides that, the storm earlier in the summer took down a lot of the trees so there wasn't too much damage to the land. Also, they were forced to repair/replace components of the grid so my area was pretty well powered in spite of the high winds.