Pres Debate

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1351202262' post='559312']
The American people will always lose until the system is changed, unfortunately.

Tapatalk'd via iPhone
[/quote]

People would rather sit around and whine about it instead of working to change it. Imagine if Martin Luther King Jr. had given up and sat home whining. Imagine if Mother Teresa had given up. Imagine if Nelson Mandela had given up. Gandhi, Alfred Nobel, Rosa Parks......... There's a very long list of people who didn't give up. We each have to make the choice to join them, or sit back and die of apathy.

'Rani

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1351128269' post='559235']
Found this interesting: [url="http://www.upworthy.com/undecided-voters-in-this-election-are-apparently-an-american-phenomenon?c=ufb1"]http://www.upworthy....enomenon?c=ufb1[/url]

Note that the source for the information is BBC/GlobeScan/PIPA. :)
[/quote]

I wonder why all those [b][i]other [/i][/b]countries want Obama to win? Kinda like picking the quarterback for the other team isn't it?

On a lighter note, this guy is running for House of Representatives in my district: [url="http://www.honestyandethics.com/he/default.asp"]http://www.honestyandethics.com/he/default.asp[/url]

[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I see Romney is now pushing an ad claiming Obama won't work with Congress. Interestingly enough the following is a short list of bills sent to Congress authored by President Obama. Every single one was filibustered by the GOP to prevent it's passage:[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#000000]H.R. 12 - Paycheck Fairness Act[/color]
[color=#000000]H.R. 448 -- Elder Abuse Victims Act[/color]
[color=#000000]H.R. 466 - Wounded Veteran Job Security Act[/color]
[color=#000000]H.R. 515 - Radioactive Import Deterrence Act[/color]
[color=#000000]H.R. 549 -- National Bombing Prevention Act[/color]
[color=#000000]H.R. 577 - Vision Care for Kids Act[/color]
[color=#000000]H.R. 626 - Federal Employees Paid Parental Leave Act[/color]
[color=#000000]H.R. 1029 - Alien Smuggling and Terrorism Prevention Act[/color]
[color=#000000]H.R. 1168 -- Veterans Retraining Act[/color]
[color=#000000]H.R. 1171 - Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program Reauthorization[/color]
[color=#000000]H.R. 1293 -- Disabled Veterans Home Improvement and Structural Alteration Grant Increase Act[/color]
[color=#000000]H.R. 1429 -- Stop AIDS in Prison Act[/color]
[color=#000000]H.R.5281 -- DREAM Act[/color]
[color=#000000]S.3985 -- Emergency Senior Citizens Relief Act[/color]
[color=#000000]S.3816 -- Creating American Jobs and Ending Offshoring Act[/color]
[color=#000000]S.3369 -- A bill to provide for additional disclosure requirements for corporations, labor organizations, Super PACs and other entities[/color]
[color=#000000]S.2237 -- Small Business Jobs and Tax Relief Act[/color]
[color=#000000]S.2343 -- Stop the Student Loan Interest Rate Hike Act[/color]
[color=#000000]S.1660 -- American Jobs Act of 2011[/color]
[color=#000000]S.3457 -- Veterans Jobs Corps Act[/color][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#000000]But it's all Obmaa's fault............ [/color][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#000000]'Rani[/color][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#000000]But it's all Obmaa's fault............ [/color][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#000000]Yep. After being shut out of the debate and process of passing the ACA, I don't blame them for never cooperating with his highness. It takes two to tango, and his highness doesn't compromise either.[/color][/font][/size]

This has been the Republicans' top priority since Obama took office:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-A09a_gHJc

Yet it's all Obama's fault... Yeah, okay.

This is a list (with SOURCES) of what all he has accomplished despite this: http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/09/01/a-long-list-of-president-obamas-accomplishments-with-citations/

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1351269503' post='559371']
This has been the Republicans' top priority since Obama took office:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-A09a_gHJc[/media]

Yet it's all Obama's fault... Yeah, okay.

This is a list (with SOURCES) of what all he has accomplished despite this: [url="http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/09/01/a-long-list-of-president-obamas-accomplishments-with-citations/"]http://www.addicting...with-citations/[/url]
[/quote]

None of his accomplishments count because he's black you know........He could cure cancer, bring world peace, double the GNP and they'd still swear on a stack of bibles he's a failure. Anyone who doesn't recognize that is fooling themselves. There is NO other rational or logical explanation why they would choose to support a candidate and a party who:

1) Intend to repeal the minimum wage and worker protection laws;
2) Intend rape victims be deprived of abortion;
3) Intend women die rather than save themselves with a medically required abortion;
4) Support transnational corporations instead of small business;
5) Support raising taxes on the middle class while cutting taxes for the wealthy;
6) Support war in the name of strength instead of peaceful negotiations;
7) Support further deregulation of Wall Street;
8) Support weakening of environmental protection laws.
9) Think a documented draft dodger would make a good commander and chief.

'Rani

[quote name='gramps' timestamp='1351266676' post='559370']
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#000000]But it's all Obmaa's fault............ [/color][/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#000000]Yep. After being shut out of the debate and process of passing the ACA, I don't blame them for never cooperating with his highness. It takes two to tango, and his highness doesn't compromise either.[/color][/font]
[/quote]

Yep, and that whole promise to make him a one term president before he even stepped into office had nothing to do with it right? What's more, we all heard him on television tell them again, and again, and again his door was open and he wanted their input on the ACA. Did they ever offer any? NO.

'Rani

Only a racist would think that, just because I am white,male and over the age of 25 (way over) and I am not voting for Obama for president,that I am a racist. Could it be his policy (same as [i]Pelosi's or am I [/i]misogynistic,too) that I disagree with him. spend,spend,spend.
that's all he and his ilk want to do. GOP are just as bad. Do this one thing for me. Run your household budget the way the current federal government runs theirs. Decide what you want and would like to do for yourself and others then march into your bosses office and demand that amount of money. If he doesn't give you every penny then perhaps he or she is the racist.

[quote name='Venger' timestamp='1351284693' post='559384']
Only a racist would think that, just because I am white,male and over the age of 25 (way over) and I am not voting for Obama for president,that I am a racist. Could it be his policy (same as [i]Pelosi's or am I [/i]misogynistic,too) that I disagree with him. spend,spend,spend.
that's all he and his ilk want to do. GOP are just as bad. Do this one thing for me. Run your household budget the way the current federal government runs theirs. Decide what you want and would like to do for yourself and others then march into your bosses office and demand that amount of money. If he doesn't give you every penny then perhaps he or she is the racist.
[/quote]

Who said you're a racist for your beliefs? I certainly do not feel that way.

Unrelated to that, I find it interesting that Romney is not doing anymore interviews until the election, only speeches. Whereas Obama is banging out interviews left and right. I can only imagine Romney is doing this to prevent another political gaffe.

Here's my predictions for the outcome- Obama is going to win the electoral vote, and Romney might win the popular vote. I've seen on some news sources say that there could be a tie in the electoral vote, which would result in the House picking Romney as president and the Senate picking Biden as vice president. That'd be weird and unexpected. I doubt it'll happen.

[/quote]

I don't think anyone is a racist because they don't vote for Obama. What I think is racist is when someone is clearly hated unobjectively without valid reason. He's blamed for things that no one would have be able to do. He's blamed for the entire government. He's given no credit for anything he has done, and he actually has had a more effective administration than many if you look at bills he's authored, and some legislation he has managed to get through. When someone refuses to give any credit at all, when they cast blame without reason, when they openly show less tolerance for his mistakes, and demand more than they would have if he were white, then yes, I'm going to call it as I see it: Racist.

Now....... Having said all that, [u][i]there isn't more than a tiny percentage of people in the world who aren't racist and most of them were born blind.[/i][/u] It effects nearly every single one of us unconsciously. Anyone who says they aren't is lying to themselves. You bet I look at people of Native American descent more forgivingly. That makes even me a racist. We are all subject to it to some extent. What separates some of us, is that we recognize it as one of our less than stellar traits and try not to give into it. We think about those gut reactions, and sometimes we find yep, we are reacting out of fear or distrust and not based on fact.

Nobody cared Bush lied about WMD's. Like Scotsman "the past is the past". Push that under the rug, but suspicions without absolute proof show up about Obama? Oh, they're ready to crucify him. And since I've opened that can of worms, I think he did lie. And you know what might seem weird to some people? I actually approve!

When I was 9 or 10 years old, I got the usual speech from my family......."You can be anything you want. You could be president!" Well, right then and there I decided I was going to be the first "girl" president. But I guess maybe at 9 or 10 I was smarter than most conservatives are now, or maybe it was because even then I read everything I could get my hands on about every subject and every person of historical significance. Winston Churchill, Alexander the Great, Socrates, Hitler, Napoleon, Czar Nicholas, Catherine the Great........ And soon after I realized I didn't want to be president because it's too much to have to spend years lying, scheming, manipulating, and have the weight of millions of people on my shoulders. No sir, not this girl. I knew even then that the POTUS job is the ugliest, dirties job on earth. It's a full time combination of Chess, Battleship and Go all wrapped up into one. And just when you think you've got a handle on those, they throw in a little Chutes and Ladders for good measure. Lying? Part of the job.

The American people want a president that's running around in a Captain America uniform, complete with titanium shield, [i][u]but that's NOT what the job is![/u][/i] And this isn't the 1800's where a president can stand in a crowd of a few hundred and tell the truth that won't make it across the ocean into the hands of the enemy for weeks, months and even years. This is the 21st century and every single thing he says is heard around the world in minutes. Sometimes he's going to lie to me in order to lie to our enemies. I'm a grown up and I actually understand that. And if intentionally standing in front of a camera and lying spreads necessary disinformation to the enemy, you bet your ass I approve. And if I'm negotiating with someone like Putin and need to stall to verify that my intelligence people are correct that he's arming the Taliban, then you bet your ass I'm going to stall using the election as an excuse. That job is all about negotiate, stall, investigate, feint, strategic retreat, and finally when you have as many facts and you can possibly have, make a decision on behalf of the more than 300 million people counting on you. Even if they hate you for it because they don't understand all the nuances of your decision, at least you get to sleep at night knowing you made the best decision for them. Only the president has all the facts. You don't, I don't, Scotsman doesn't, Gramps doesn't, nobody does. All we have is what the media tells us and God knows they make crap up without any facts at all.

I'm certainly not capable of doing what the president does. Anyone who thinks they are shouldn't be sitting around on their ass blogging or posting on a forum whining and complaining. They should be running for office.

'Rani

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1351286669' post='559386']
[/quote]

Unrelated to that, I find it interesting that Romney is not doing anymore interviews until the election, only speeches. Whereas Obama is banging out interviews left and right. I can only imagine Romney is doing this to prevent another political gaffe.

Here's my predictions for the outcome- Obama is going to win the electoral vote, and Romney might win the popular vote. I've seen on some news sources say that there could be a tie in the electoral vote, which would result in the House picking Romney as president and the Senate picking Biden as vice president. That'd be weird and unexpected. I doubt it'll happen.
[/quote]

I'd have to check the history books but I don't believe that's ever happened before though it could from a legal perspective. What has always happened is that when the electoral vote is in, the losing candidate concedes. It's a problem to people in Hawaii that it works that way because they feel, somewhat justifiably, that it's all over before they finish voting.

'Rani

[quote name='Rani' timestamp='1351290554' post='559391'][quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1351286669' post='559386']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I'd have to check the history books but I don't believe that's ever happened before though it could from a legal perspective. What has always happened is that when the electoral vote is in, the losing candidate concedes. It's a problem to people in Hawaii that it works that way because they feel, somewhat justifiably, that it's all over before they finish voting.

'Rani[/quote]

Nah, it's never happened before, but there have been similar situations, such as the 2000 elections. They're only mentioning it because the race is that close. How it's so close with all the blunders, bad math, flip-flopping, etc. on Romney's part, I do not know.

Here's something I bet we can all agree on- It'd be cool to have Bill Clinton back as president! YEAH! :lol:

Tapatalk'd via iPhone

Not rsuper relevant to the discussion but still important...Can i just say that i'm glad that threads like this stay fairly civil here... On a betta fish forum, there was a thread about the election, and it got closed after 2 pages because a person there was upset that his sources for the info he was giving were pointed out as not credible sources.....Any how..I'm glad that we dont get that upset here about things like that and dont start direct arguments (often) lol....any way..out of the serious discussion area i go! happy discussiong folks :D

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1351306302' post='559404']
[quote name='Rani' timestamp='1351290554' post='559391'][quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1351286669' post='559386']
[/quote]

[/quote]

'Rani[/quote]

Nah, it's never happened before, but there have been similar situations, such as the 2000 elections. They're only mentioning it because the race is that close. How it's so close with all the blunders, bad math, flip-flopping, etc. on Romney's part, I do not know.

Here's something I bet we can all agree on- It'd be cool to have Bill Clinton back as president! YEAH! :lol:

Tapatalk'd via iPhone
[/quote]

I had a weird thought over the weekend........ Biden has never really wanted to be president. It's more work than he's willing to do. He's more comfortable and happy in the "glad handing" visiting the troops, messing around with the media, second fiddle position doing the more fun stuff. I could actually see Obama winning and Biden bowing out for some reason in the first year, Hilary moving into the VP slot and running in 2016. She has said she's leaving politics soon to join her husband in his foundation work, but I think she'd stick around if that became a reality. LOL......... Let's see if I turn out to by psychic huh? Would be interesting. I think a lot of people would probably like to see her in the top job, and I don't think even Benghazi would stop that from happening if she decides she wants it.

'Rani

i just found out who is going to win the election!!!!!

lol just watch 30 rock this week and you will all know due to unwindulax lolololol

but i really dont care just to update someone :)

[quote name='Stuie' timestamp='1351800653' post='559705']
Nope. Gary Johnson or Ron Paul.
[/quote]

I'd be cool with either of them. Just don't want Romney.

Also, this seems relevant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TiXUF9xbTo

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1351801497' post='559707']
[/quote]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TiXUF9xbTo[/media]
[/quote]

Oh, my God...... I'm going to send that link to freakin' everybody I know who is a registered Republican.

'Rani

[quote name='Rani' timestamp='1351802367' post='559709'][quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1351801497' post='559707']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh, my God...... I'm going to send that link to freakin' everybody I know who is a registered Republican.

'Rani[/quote]

Haha, you're welcome?

I seriously don't see how this clown has gotten so high in the polls. I wish it was more competition between Obama and the third-party candidates.

Tapatalk'd via iPhone

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1351806330' post='559717']
[quote name='Rani' timestamp='1351802367' post='559709'][quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1351801497' post='559707']
[/quote]

[/quote]

'Rani[/quote]

Haha, you're welcome?

I seriously don't see how this clown has gotten so high in the polls. I wish it was more competition between Obama and the third-party candidates.

Tapatalk'd via iPhone
[/quote]
Only reason mittidiot made it anywhere is a result of the sheer incompetancy of the current lier-in-chief. You question should be more along the lines of "how can obama be so completely bad that even the mittidiot is actually a better choice." They arent voting for romney, but just anything against barry:-)