Ios 6, I Hate It!

Crhiss

Well I don't hate it but Bleh. New YouTube blows, that ticket thing doesn't even work and I hate my phone being clustered so its in my way. The only cool thing is the new maps. What are y'all's thoughts? Anyone getting/got the iPhone 5 today?

Our company just got a few in for the employees, I've heard their maps suck and there's a wifi issue (apparently resolved). Looks cool though.

[quote name='cotsi95' timestamp='1348252008' post='556924']I got my iphone 5 today. It's a lot faster, lighter and thinner. Well worth the 10$ it cost me to upgrade from a 16g 4s to a 32g 5.[/quote]

10$? Uh what? Haha

I updated my 4 to iOS 6 the other day. I like it. As for the YouTube app, I never used it before anyway. As for the new Maps, it's going to be improved. Apple is just being smart because Google has grown to be their main competitor (they've been working on their own maps app for the past three years). While I did like the old Maps, I'm sure the new app will get better and people will overall be satisfied with it. It just sucks I can't get Flyover or Turn-By-Turn directions on my 4. Oh well, not like I don't already have a nice Garmin GPS for all that. :P

I like the subtle things most- Do Not Disturb feature, which will come in handy while I'm trying to sleep for work during the day for my third shifts and people call me for stupid shit. Facebook integration- being able to share photos from your photo stream, and post updates from the pull-down notification center. Also nice how Facebook automatically plugged in all my friends' birthdays and shit into my Calendar, as well as their contact info into my Contacts (phone, email, address, etc., whatever they have visible to me. Oh, and their profile pics from FB that'll show when they call me). Full-view Safari. The top bar being blue now for whatever reason. The new iTunes look is sexy. Having Bluetooth right there when I open Settings is much better, as I sometimes have to go there to tell my damn headset to connect when it's being a bitch. Passbook has potential for the future; just more companies gotta get on board with it. I'll probably only use it for Fandango, as Brooke and I do preorder movie tickets a good bit. I guess if we fly again we'll use it for plane tickets. New Mail features are nice, as I do check my email almost exclusively from my iPhone. I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of right off the top of my head.

I'll be getting the 5 soonish. Hope those that got it enjoy theirs. I had preordered one from Walmart but other shit came up (need new fucking tires, and battery) so I had to cancel it.

Wade, I'd ask how you were able to upgrade a year early from 4S to 5 and get the 32GB model for just $10, but I know you're Wade and you're just good like that. :lol:

Tapatalk'd via iPhone

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1348254002' post='556927']
I updated my 4 to iOS 6 the other day. I like it. As for the YouTube app, I never used it before anyway. As for the new Maps, it's going to be improved. Apple is just being smart because Google has grown to be their main competitor (they've been working on their own maps app for the past three years). While I did like the old Maps, I'm sure the new app will get better and people will overall be satisfied with it. It just sucks I can't get Flyover or Turn-By-Turn directions on my 4. Oh well, not like I don't already have a nice Garmin GPS for all that. :P

I like the subtle things most- Do Not Disturb feature, which will come in handy while I'm trying to sleep for work during the day for my third shifts and people call me for stupid shit. Facebook integration- being able to share photos from your photo stream, and post updates from the pull-down notification center. Also nice how Facebook automatically plugged in all my friends' birthdays and shit into my Calendar, as well as their contact info into my Contacts (phone, email, address, etc., whatever they have visible to me. Oh, and their profile pics from FB that'll show when they call me). Full-view Safari. The top bar being blue now for whatever reason. The new iTunes look is sexy. Having Bluetooth right there when I open Settings is much better, as I sometimes have to go there to tell my damn headset to connect when it's being a bitch. Passbook has potential for the future; just more companies gotta get on board with it. I'll probably only use it for Fandango, as Brooke and I do preorder movie tickets a good bit. I guess if we fly again we'll use it for plane tickets. New Mail features are nice, as I do check my email almost exclusively from my iPhone. I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of right off the top of my head.

I'll be getting the 5 soonish. Hope those that got it enjoy theirs. I had preordered one from Walmart but other shit came up (need new fucking tires, and battery) so I had to cancel it.

Wade, I'd ask how you were able to upgrade a year early from 4S to 5 and get the 32GB model for just $10, but I know you're Wade and you're just good like that. :lol:

Tapatalk'd via iPhone
[/quote]

Do no disturb? You mean silent mode? iPhone just now got that? lol

[quote name='claytronmeans' timestamp='1348388221' post='557001']
[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1348254002' post='556927']

Tapatalk'd via iPhone
[/quote]

Do no disturb? You mean silent mode? iPhone just now got that? lol
[/quote]

No, there's always been silent mode, silly. Do Not Disturb allows you to only let calls from certain people come through. Other features as well.

If you want to know more about it, read this: http://lifehacker.com/5944341/supercharge-your-iphone-with-do-not-disturb-and-ios-6s-new-phone-features

[quote name='Cp44' timestamp='1348500065' post='557053']
[img]http://i.imgur.com/Pk7nl.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Okay, as a major LOST fan, I gotta give your props for this one. :lol:

Stuie's image is funny as well... Apple Maps definitely needs improvement.

Here's one I read on slashdot.

"Let them stick with the iPads! The Windows people don't want the technically illiterate back. It's been nothing but spring cleaning and blue skies since Apple took the bottom 10% off our hands (sadly, their wallets as well, but I'm going to say "It's worth it!")."

Just like automatic transmissions were invented for non-drivers, Apples were invented for people who don't know how to handle a computer.
:P :lol:

[IMG]http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p40/INCUBUSRATM/Funny%20pics%20and%20gifs/haters.gif[/IMG]

They must be doing something right...

http://barefigur.es/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/benzingainsights/2012/08/21/apple-now-most-valuable-company-in-history/

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1348695861' post='557312']

They must be doing something right...

[url="http://barefigur.es/"]http://barefigur.es/[/url]

[url="http://www.forbes.com/sites/benzingainsights/2012/08/21/apple-now-most-valuable-company-in-history/"]http://www.forbes.co...any-in-history/[/url]
[/quote]

[img]http://pspbyone.com/wp-content/uploads/products_img/lemmings-psp.jpg[/img]

Rember a fool and his money are soon parted. Which really makes sense you take a look at the idiots running around this country. Apple tapped the idiot market... now that's genius.

And for those that disagree with me... (Chris)

[img]http://gireviews.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/haters-gonna-hate.jpg[/img]

I think I may have been just called an idiot... :(

At least I don't go around dissing on Android. I'm not your typical Apple-product consumer. You are correct in saying that there are tons of idiots out there that just blindly buy Apple products. I can only imagine it's the same way for SOME (not all, just as it's not the case for all Apple consumers) people who buy Android devices. There will always be people who pick one thing and say the alternative sucks. I personally like Android. It is afterall why I'm considering getting the Samsung Galaxy SIII. But I also happen to like Apple. I just prefer it more. I know I seem a lot like a fanboy at times because I have a Macbook Pro and an iPhone 4, but I do like other things. I'm actually looking into fixing this old Dell laptop I have (motherboard needs to be replaced, which I have, just need to do surgery on it when I find the time) and then selling it to get a newer PC laptop. Brands I like are HP, Samsung, Sony Vaio, and Vizio (I gotta do research on the Vizio... I just saw it at Walmart the other day and it was quite neat. I had no idea Vizio even made ultrabooks, so need to do some research on it). Only reason I even have my Macbook is because I got it for video editing for school. Since it looks like I may not even get a job related to my degree, I may very well sell my Macbook if I find a good PC laptop instead. Who knows. Point is, the true idiots are the ones who limit themselves to one thing and get all fanboy about it. Why limit yourselves? Every brand has it's pros and cons, and you just gotta weigh them and go with what suits your needs best.

I loved the older Apples. The Apple 2 and the original Macintosh were great products. It was only after the introduction of Mac OS X that I began to shy away from their computers. I viewed that operating system as just a pretty face on a Unix system. Others have used words like copied or stolen. I call it "borrowed". They certainly improved the UI, but if I want to run a Unix-like system, I'll choose Linux. You can still see the bones.

[quote name='gramps' timestamp='1348789264' post='557446']What grieves me is that nowadays is that mere disagreement or difference of opinion leads to the label of "hater".[/quote]

Well I was just joking when I posted that image... I'm more than fine with people having different opinions. World would be quite bland if we all felt the same way. And there'd be no competition/advancement in technology if we all liked the same things. :)

Truth is, Apple would suck without Google, and Google would suck without Apple. They make each other better.

Tapatalk'd via iPhone