What Happened To My Hose? Yuck.

So I have smoked out of my Hookah multiple times over the past month or so. I always clean it throughly with water. Today I smoked a bowl, and when I cleaned it, my hose had a decent amount of charcoal bits and debris left over. I know I cleaned the hose last time and nothing was in it. I think because my hose port is connected to the stem? It got me worried because I might have inhaled some of that charcoal debris. I set everything up right too.

It's not charcoal debris. Physically impossible to get it into the hose. It's your hose deteriorating. You probably have a non washable hose (One with a metal coil inside) and washing it actually accelerates it's deterioration. To put it simply. Time for a new hose.

[quote name='Stuie' timestamp='1347296843' post='556107']It's not charcoal debris. Physically impossible to get it into the hose. It's your hose deteriorating. You probably have a non washable hose (One with a metal coil inside) and washing it actually accelerates it's deterioration. To put it simply. Time for a new hose.[/quote]

Nailed it on the head.

Sorry man. Is the hose just a standard hose you got with your hookah?

I hate to inform you of this, Mr. Marlow, but you've got... tetanus. Probably from the rust particles you inhaled from that janky hose you washed that wasn't supposed to be.

Just keeding. :P

Time for a new hose... I recommend a nice washable one that you can wash to your heart's content (well, I wouldn't, as each time you wash a washable, it technically is breaking down the glue and whatnot in it, but it's really not something to be worried about. I never wash my washables either way, though). Hookah-Shisha.com is running a special right now for 15% off all their accessories... Nammor hose is very nice and I recommend one. I recently got the fretted Nammor hose (I call it my TRON hose), and it's super nice! I've also owned the regular Nammor hoses before. http://www.hookah-shisha.com/c-29-hookah-hoses-hookah-hose-accessories.html

How stupid of me! Should have known on the spot. It came out black though, which is odd. Since my hose is yellow, I'd expect yellow shit coming out. Yes it is the standard hose that came with it, and no there is no metal inside. Time to throw it out lol.

yep, hose is ruined, by a new one. im assuming since you said it was the hose the hookah came with, it was one of those cheap and skinny leather hoses. those really arent good hoses in general. i recommend picking up some fancy hoses (nu hoses some places). they are very cheap price wise, but will last a long time and are washable.

a 5 pack is only like 20 bucks at some vendors.

Gross... Yeah. I recently took apart of hose that was almost two years old. The coil had started to degrade and the leather was all weak and torn up inside. I guess all the moisture from smoking and the humid summers finally killed it. I like the washable hoses for the most part... Tonic, KM, fancy hoses... Some leather ones are better that others though.

*Comments in this post do not necessarily reflect those of Tangiers Tobacco*

[quote]Yummy... Rust chunks[/quote]

Lmao.

It does have a coil inside the material of the hose. It's not leather. It's a fabric type with a wooden edge on each side. Edited by Marlow

[size=4][color=#B22222]well sometimes it's not just rust or the hose that is degrading... [/color][color=#006400]sometimes u get the ash from the shisha in the hose...[/color] [color=#FFD700]then u get it in ur mouth...[/color][color=#00FFFF] UGH so nasty. it's def. [/color][color=#FFA500]not the charcoal. but sometimes[/color][color=#EE82EE] it really is the tobacco that gets in the hose.[/color][color=#800080] i use a vortex and i like to pack it[/color][color=#00FF00] a little bit fuller than what it recommends.[/color] [color=#FFA500]but the old [/color][color=#800080]bowls i was using, u know that ones with the holes at the bottom?[/color][color=#DDA0DD] [/color][color=#B22222]yea.. those... let a lot of burnt shisha pieces into the hose..[/color] [color=#FFA500]and then some of it gets[/color] [color=#FF0000]caught in the [/color][/size][size=4][color=#0000CD]hose. well i hoped i helped a bit. :D[/color][/size]

[quote name='Cherry_Smoker1987' timestamp='1347868290' post='556525']
[color=#B22222]well sometimes it's not just rust or the hose that is degrading... [/color][color=#006400]sometimes u get the ash from the shisha in the hose...[/color] [color=#FFD700]then u get it in ur mouth...[/color][color=#00FFFF] UGH so nasty. it's def. [/color][color=#FFA500]not the charcoal. but sometimes[/color][color=#EE82EE] it really is the tobacco that gets in the hose.[/color][color=#800080] i use a vortex and i like to pack it[/color][color=#00FF00] a little bit fuller than what it recommends.[/color] [color=#FFA500]but the old [/color][color=#800080]bowls i was using, u know that ones with the holes at the bottom?[/color][color=#DDA0DD] [/color][color=#B22222]yea.. those... let a lot of burnt shisha pieces into the hose..[/color] [color=#FFA500]and then some of it gets[/color] [color=#FF0000]caught in the [/color][color=#0000CD]hose. well i hoped i helped a bit. :D[/color]
[/quote]

So the ash/tobacco first traveled from your bowl to the water through the stem, and then it managed to get in the hose?

Seems pretty far fetched to me.

[quote name='vendetta_revived' timestamp='1347930854' post='556588']
[color=#B22222]well sometimes it's not just rust or the hose that is degrading... [/color][color=#006400]sometimes u get the ash from the shisha in the hose...[/color] [color=#FFD700]then u get it in ur mouth...[/color][color=#00FFFF] UGH so nasty. it's def. [/color][color=#FFA500]not the charcoal. but sometimes[/color][color=#EE82EE] it really is the tobacco that gets in the hose.[/color][color=#800080] i use a vortex and i like to pack it[/color][color=#00FF00] a little bit fuller than what it recommends.[/color] [color=#FFA500]but the old [/color][color=#800080]bowls i was using, u know that ones with the holes at the bottom?[/color][color=#DDA0DD] [/color][color=#B22222]yea.. those... let a lot of burnt shisha pieces into the hose..[/color] [color=#FFA500]and then some of it gets[/color] [color=#FF0000]caught in the [/color][color=#0000CD]hose. well i hoped i helped a bit. :D[/color]
[/quote]

So the ash/tobacco first traveled from your bowl to the water through the stem, and then it managed to get in the hose?

Seems pretty far fetched to me.
[/quote]
carried out of the water, breaking cohesion, up a few inches, against gravity. through the hose... duh.

Alex

[size=4][color=#B22222]well sometimes it's not just rust or the hose that is degrading... [/color][color=#006400]sometimes u get the ash from the shisha in the hose...[/color] [color=#FFD700]then u get it in ur mouth...[/color][color=#00FFFF] UGH so nasty. it's def. [/color][color=#FFA500]not the charcoal. but sometimes[/color][color=#EE82EE] it really is the tobacco that gets in the hose.[/color][color=#800080] i use a vortex and i like to pack it[/color][color=#00FF00] a little bit fuller than what it recommends.[/color] [color=#FFA500]but the old [/color][color=#800080]bowls i was using, u know that ones with the holes at the bottom?[/color][color=#DDA0DD] [/color][color=#B22222]yea.. those... let a lot of burnt shisha pieces into the hose..[/color] [color=#FFA500]and then some of it gets[/color] [color=#FF0000]caught in the [/color][/size][size=4][color=#0000CD]hose. well i hoped i helped a bit. :D[/color][/size]
[/quote]

Where are you pluging the hose? Are you sure you are smoking out of a hookah?