An Idol

Coleman

Ok not all of us know what we want to do with our lives luckily there are a lot of us who do. Me I dream of being a chef I work in the kitchen right now cooking but I'm not a line cook yet. But until high school the only food I liked we're sweets. As I have grown I have opened my pallet to new things, some of the stuff I want to try may seem odd (guinnea pig, escargot etc) but it wasn't until I learned of a certain person that this dream was realized. I began watching Anthony's show and saw all the odd things he tried and not once did he ever say "fuck that, that shit is gross" he tried it all and enjoyed it all. I began to open my palette to new things and it made me realize how much I love food (I eat like a fatty but stay at the same weight no matter what). I began to want to know how to cook the food I was eating and eventually found that I enjoy cooking. Who or what was it in your life that made you realize you wanted to peruse the career you desire?

[quote name='Coleman' timestamp='1342893921' post='552277']
[quote name='Hassouni' timestamp='1342887403' post='552273']Anthony as in Tony Bourdain?[/quote]

Yes haha is there an issue with that Chris?
[/quote]

Not at all, Tony is a personal hero, along with the Top Gear guys. Not sure who I more want to be....

[quote name='Hassouni' timestamp='1343084679' post='552388'][quote name='Coleman' timestamp='1342893921' post='552277']
[quote name='Hassouni' timestamp='1342887403' post='552273']Anthony as in Tony Bourdain?[/quote]

[/quote]

Not at all, Tony is a personal hero, along with the Top Gear guys. Not sure who I more want to be....[/quote]

I am jealous of my friend who met tony I would kill to meet that man

My uncle Boyd is a detective in Oklahoma City. When I was 13, I was visiting with him, and we were driving somewhere when he remembered something that he'd left in his office. We swung by the office and he let me watch (and actually participate in) dusting down a stolen Caddy for fingerprints. It was then that I knew I wanted to be a detective. I know it's going to be a lot of long nights beating my head against the wall trying to find a murderer or a rapist or what have you, but I want to leave an impact on the world putting away people who really deserve to be put away.

Another uncle, Bruce, is a car nut; every time I visit him he's got a 4-car garage full of classics (55 Bel Airs, 69 Camaros, and 70 Chevelles seem to be the most frequent occupants of his garage), and he's always working on something new, doing engine swaps or just doing typical "fix it" mechanic stuff. He's taught me everything I know about cars, and has helped me on my Civic build. I want to be like him, always owning at least one legit DOPE car.

Jay, I would have thought the Monopoly man would be your ideal. He's like the king of board games! :P

I don't really have one specific ideal. Instead I have different people in history, or who I know in real life, who showed integrity and did the right thing. Those are people to follow in my book.
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Hassouni' timestamp='1343084679' post='552388']
[quote name='Coleman' timestamp='1342893921' post='552277']

[/quote]

Not at all, Tony is a personal hero, along with the Top Gear guys. Not sure who I more want to be....
[/quote]

All of these guys are freaking awesome. I watch both shows religiously