Just Bought A New Nammor Euphrates Hookah.. Need More Advice Lol

Hey guys, I need more advice!!

I bought a new nammor euphrates hookah, and I'm using coconaras.

I need help with my hookah!! I'm setting it up correctly I think, but its too harsh!! It gets harsh after like 2 mins.
I'm using 3 coals initially and its good... good flavor, smooth, and lots of smoke. Then it gets super harsh. I take off one coal, and its good but not enough smoke. At all.

can you please give me advice on how to make it better? this is my second hookah.. i've had my first one for a couple years or so and i mastered that one: used 3 coals placed in strategic positions.
but this one i cant seem to get a handle on. please help!!

Can you tell us what bowl and brand of tobacco you are using? Also, how are you packing it, and how many and how big of holes are you poking? Basically it's gonna be figuring out your packing method and heat management...

I'm using a vortex bowl and also the stock egyptian bwl that came with it.
I'm using both starbuzz and AF but mainly AF. I'm putting a bunch of holes in the foil.... maybe I should put less. I tried with 2 coals in the middle with the vortex bowl and it was better. But still not as thick of a smoke.

yah i would try to use only 2 coals on the bowl, and how are you packing the tobacco, light, fluffy, tight? what you should do is pack it fluffy, use two coals put them on the outside of the bowl.

let it warm up then slowly move them around like maybe every 10-15 minutes see if that helps

Is your hookah air tight?

Set it up except for the bowl and plug the top (where the bowl goes) with your hand. Take a pull. If you are getting air with the top plugged, you have a leak somewhere and you won't get thick smoke.

Otherwise, AF in an egyptian bowl should be pretty easy to get right. Fill the bowl all the way up with tobacco, as much as you can with out restricting air flow through the bowl.

More Baccy!!!!! That will fix it and 2 Cocos. I don't bust out 3 Cocos unless I am using a Medium Phunnel and not always then.

Good choice on the pipe!

Hey guys so I experimented a bit with the hookah.
I think I'm getting the hang of it. I took your advice and packed more shisha in the bowl (while fluffing it) and I made less holes and placed them further apart.
I put 2 coconaras and its been hitting perfect for 3 bowls!! Thanks guys :)

oh I did this with the starbuzz shisha. I hvent tried with AF yet. I checked if it was airtight and LOL i got a headache from pulling too hard hahaha. So it's airtight Edited by mujjuman

Yeah and also, the more holes, the more heat the bowl pulls in but the easier the bowl cools as well. In my experience more holes keeps the bowl cooler, where as less holes keeps the bowl much hotter which is why I find a decent amount of holes but not a ton of holes like you would pack Tangiers (a low heat tobacco) works perfectly for Nakhla (a high heat tobacco) hope that makes sense!

I feel bad for asking so many questions...

How do you recommend I clean the Nammor hose? Right now, I mainly remove the tip and rinse it in warm water and use soap on the tip where we inhale. I
I think 3 times so far I passed water through the hose itself but a couple of my friends told me not to do that. I know there are plastic washable hoses available. Is this hose washable?

[quote name='mattarios2' timestamp='1342061328' post='551484']
Yeah and also, the more holes, the more heat the bowl pulls in but the easier the bowl cools as well. In my experience more holes keeps the bowl cooler, where as less holes keeps the bowl much hotter which is why I find a decent amount of holes but not a ton of holes like you would pack Tangiers (a low heat tobacco) works perfectly for Nakhla (a high heat tobacco) hope that makes sense!
[/quote]

That's very interesting to know! I didnt realize that different tobacco brands have to be packed differently until now!

[quote name='mujjuman' timestamp='1342070855' post='551497']
I feel bad for asking so many questions...

How do you recommend I clean the Nammor hose? Right now, I mainly remove the tip and rinse it in warm water and use soap on the tip where we inhale. I
I think 3 times so far I passed water through the hose itself but a couple of my friends told me not to do that. I know there are plastic washable hoses available. Is this hose washable?
[/quote]

Yeah, nammors are washable, but make sure the water is not too hot, because it will make the glue come apart.

Treat the bowl like a woman. You have to warm it up first. I do 2 or 3 coals on the very edge of the bowl and then adjust accordingly after a few minutes.