Hookah Gagging Problem

Okay so I've been smoking hookah for several years but a few months ago when ever I exhale out my nose the smoke makes me gag because of the smell and taste. So anybody know why this happens? And if so how can I fix it. This has completely ruined hookah for me because no matter what hookah I smoke or the type of shisha used this happens.

[quote name='jkfrederick' timestamp='1336340141' post='546795']
Okay so I've been smoking hookah for several years but a few months ago when ever I exhale out my nose the smoke makes me gag because of the smell and taste. So anybody know why this happens? And if so how can I fix it. This has completely ruined hookah for me because no matter what hookah I smoke or the type of shisha used this happens.
[/quote]

Don't exhale out of your nose?
  • Upvote 2

[quote name='joytron' timestamp='1336341216' post='546796']
[quote name='jkfrederick' timestamp='1336340141' post='546795']
[/quote]

Don't exhale out of your nose?
[/quote]

Doesn't get much simpler than this.

Well you can't taste in your nose, so I assume it happens when you exhale out of your mouth as well? It's your body's way of telling you to stop. My body does the same thing with cigarettes. So, either your body is telling you to take a break or to stop altogether. If you are gagging from the taste AND smell, you're probably done with hookah unless you like feeling sick.

[quote name='DrSmokes' timestamp='1336364915' post='546810']
Didn't another member post about this within the last month or so?
[/quote]

Like the last week actually. This kid has 1 post, asking medical advice on a forum which has already been discussed. [sarcasm]I just LOVE when people post without using the search feature first.[/sarcasm] let's just make that known that that's sarcasm lol. I mean you have to post like topics sometimes to keep the forum alive or fresh/updated opinions, but come on...

[quote name='3rooker' timestamp='1336367422' post='546811']
[/quote]

Like the last week actually. This kid has 1 post, asking medical advice on a forum which has already been discussed. [sarcasm]I just LOVE when people post without using the search feature first.[/sarcasm] let's just make that known that that's sarcasm lol. I mean you have to post like topics sometimes to keep the forum alive or fresh/updated opinions, but come on...
[/quote]Nah, that was a guy with allergy problems, there was someone before him I think.

From time to time I have issues gagging while I smoke, whether I exhale through my nose or my mouth. The Only thing that helps me, is to space out my puffs, and to breath through my mouth in between puffs.

[quote name='DrSmokes' timestamp='1336374921' post='546817']
[/quote]

[/quote]Nah, that was a guy with allergy problems, there was someone before him I think.
[/quote]

Oh..well the rant is still valid lol

[/quote]

[/quote]

Didn't you start a thread about tangiers and phunnel bowls? I mean that has to be the most overly discussed topic on this forum.
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='joytron' timestamp='1336407458' post='546844']
[/quote]

Like the last week actually. This kid has 1 post, asking medical advice on a forum which has already been discussed. [sarcasm]I just LOVE when people post without using the search feature first.[/sarcasm] let's just make that known that that's sarcasm lol. I mean [b]you have to post like topics sometimes to keep the forum alive or fresh/updated opinions[/b], but come on...
[/quote]

Didn't you start a thread about tangiers and phunnel bowls? I mean that has to be the most overly discussed topic on this forum.
[/quote]

To be more precise I started a thread with specific questions about a phunnel bowl, and later found (after I searched first) Chreees' thread on Tangiers Success, which I stated in my thread. So, not really the same thing. Reference the boldfaced text as well.

[quote name='mushrat' timestamp='1336409557' post='546848']
y'all need to chill. Just stay on the topic please...
[/quote]
Well... if you'd get the AC fixed around this place we wouldnt be so hot ;)

[quote name='mustang67n' timestamp='1336382044' post='546825']
From time to time I have issues gagging while I smoke, whether I exhale through my nose or my mouth. The Only thing that helps me, is to space out my puffs, and to breath through my mouth in between puffs.
[/quote]

I just noticed your signature. Can't stop laughing about that. I was farrrr too inebriated to deal with that.

[quote name='aeon' timestamp='1336670509' post='547063']
[/quote]

I just noticed your signature. Can't stop laughing about that. I was farrrr too inebriated to deal with that.
[/quote]

LOL yeah.. that was a hilarious night! I've never seen you even noticeably buzzed.. so sing you like that was AWESOME! haha
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='mustang67n' timestamp='1336694831' post='547084']
[quote name='aeon' timestamp='1336670509' post='547063']
[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL yeah.. that was a hilarious night! I've never seen you even noticeably buzzed.. so sing you like that was AWESOME! haha
[/quote]

Hah, truth. It's rare that I get that drunk these days. Looks like my dog didn't appreciate it LOL