Exhaling Hookah?

Alright, here's the deal. I smoking with a friend today and I noticed when she exhales the smoke is super thick and clouds well. But, when I do it's thinner and just not as good. Even if we take an equal hit hers is simply better than mine.

Is there a certain way to shape your mouth/hold your tongue to get the best exhale of the smoke? I feel like I'm not doing it right. I still get a buzz but it isn't as satisfying when the clouds aren't nice and thick.

Your body may absorb it more than hers. Smoke moving is smoke moving, it doesn't matter how it comes out of your mouth. Only thing I can think of is exhale slower so it stays thick. Take a video so we can see?

May be her lung capacity is bigger than yours. There was a guy on here, named JOE, who could put out clouds like no other, because his pulls were extremely long, haha. Gawd I miss that guy. Also, some people pull "harder" than others. She may just be sucking harder than you... giggidy. :D

Also.. are you holding the smoke in your lungs at all? Or are you taking an inhale of air after breathing the smoke in initially but before exhaling the smoke?

Doing either of these will lead to a loss of smoke on exhale.

something i learned after smoking with "pro" smokers is that you do not inhale into your lungs. it is a breathing technique that those band geeks learned which is breathing about 80% into your stomach, it gets you bigger clouds and thicker smoke also, idk if anyone wants to believe me but it works

[quote name='Pavo21' timestamp='1336109578' post='546624']
something i learned after smoking with "pro" smokers is that you do not inhale into your lungs. it is a breathing technique that those band geeks learned which is breathing about 80% into your stomach, it gets you bigger clouds and thicker smoke also, idk if anyone wants to believe me but it works
[/quote]

You mean this? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diaphragmatic_breathing

My mom and dad taught me this as a kid (mom was a 3rd/4th grade music teacher, dad was a high school band director) but I totally forgot about it...

Mattarios, if you're around, I wanna say I remember a post from you long ago about changing the way you inhaled and it helped you out in some way? If so, mind to explain again for the class? :)
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Pavo21' timestamp='1336109578' post='546624']
[/quote]

It's not actually breating into your stomach.. you can't really breath with your stomach. You're just filling up your lungs completely (starting with the lower part)
  • Upvote 1

Then I must be doing it right...I was trying to breathe into my stomach thinking wtf..this isn't possible...love being a retard when i don't get enough sleep :wry:
  • Upvote 1

heh, people ask me the same thing. I tend to get dragon hits off the same hose they are getting weaker hits from. I tell them I used to do it for a living and smile. I have no idea what I do differently than they do. though the one thing I can figure is i hit it slower perhaps, allowing less air to pass through the head and allowing me to inhale more smoke? (i know that doesnt make a whole lot of sense the way i describe it, but you may knwo what i mean.)
Anyways...you got me...

No that makes sense Mush. The harder you pull the faster your lungs fill up and the more air adds into the mixture coming through the head. So you're mixing too much air with the smoke. It's blowing smoke off a candle...you blow hard it's going to scatter the smoke, you go slowly it will push it. Same concept just reverse it so it relates to a vacuum rather than blowing. I've never had a problem with clouds, but I have a pretty large lung capacity too. I usually pull slow and long.

Thanks for all the replies guys :)
I'll try changing up how fast/slow I take a hit and how fast I exhale. I'm a fairly new hookah smoker so might just take some more practice to get it right.

i normally hold it in my chest when I want clouds. It kills the buzz and flavor some, but you get a huge dragon cloud. Buy your self a KM and nammor hose, pick up that new brand of tang. Then you pretty much CANT get small or thin clouds; I stopped caring for clouds a while ago though.

[quote name='mushrat' timestamp='1336399681' post='546837']
I also care less about the denseness of the clouds than the flavour of the smoke. I mean you put enough coal on and you can get all the clouds you want.
[/quote]

excatlly its nice having thick big cloud but after a while i think you stop caring and just enjoy doing what your doing and yah you want smoke burn it