Regal Melech Redwood

â€On

You know I really think this is a nice hookah. I have always wanted one. But honestly after seeing all the little issues with it, I don't really have the urge to buy one anymore. Other than that, nice looking pipe. Also, you do great reviews man. :)

Thanks guys :) I enjoy doing them, so it's good to know you guys enjoy watching them! It seems the problem with my purge valve may be a one off problem, as I don't see it discussed anywhere else or in any other video reviews, but after looking at the way the purge valve is designed, I really don't know how no one else has a problem with it. I'm going to email Jonathan with Regal and link him the video/let him know my issues and hopefully he has a solution for me.

hey so aeon now we have a trick we do with out myas im sure it would work with that regal hookah u can always try it
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/Blitzbolt/72aafc98.jpg[/IMG]
  • Upvote 1

Love the review man! I am almost not surprised that these are not all they are made out to be.

[quote name='Pavo21' timestamp='1325871984' post='534799']
hey so aeon now we have a trick we do with out myas im sure it would work with that regal hookah u can always try it
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/Blitzbolt/72aafc98.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

HAHAHA! I couldn't get enough of this while smoking at Pavo and Erica's. Hilarious. <3

[quote name='aeon' timestamp='1325882135' post='534834']
Does it make the farty balloon sound when you purge? hahahha
[/quote]

Yup haha. It's the best. Everytime I would purge the hookah everyone would start laughing. Laughter aside though it does work great. :D

Just a snip of the tip. Like a circumcision. :lol:

Looks like my trumpet vase (which is hella tall) would be perfect for a downstem that long.

VERY thorough review, Tyler. Best video review I've seen of this hookah, hands down.

Good review, very thorough and the camera looks great. With the price you pay for that pipe you deserve to be nit picky as everything should be perfect. It should be assembled and checked out before its shipped. The down stem is ridiculous, I had the opposite problem with an older syrian, have you thought about cutting it down to size? Also just some advice, I would film the smoking section when the clouds are doing well, not when the coals are dying or whatever.

[quote name='joytron' timestamp='1325885166' post='534844']
have you thought about cutting it down to size? Also just some advice, I would film the smoking section when the clouds are doing well, not when the coals are dying or whatever.
[/quote]

That's the thing, I don't want to have to make mods right out of the box just to get the thing working, that's kind of a bummer. Also, normally I would have waited until the second set and the clouds were rolling big before doing the smoking section, but I had shit to do haha. It takes about an hour to edit and upload an hd video to youtube, so I wanted to make sure I got it up last night. I also felt that with the way the pull of it felt (very similar to my Abanos), I knew it would smoke great, and it did. When I do my next review, I'll be sure to have big, full clouds during the smoking section. Thanks for the tip though, I always appreciate criticisms.

So, Jonathan with Regal got back to me, says out of all the hookahs he's made he's never heard of the problem or experienced it himself and recommends that I try cleaning out the purge. I don't think there is anything in there, but who knows, worth a short. The other thing that bugs me, is even if something was jammed in there, the actual physical design of the port just leaves it open for the ball to fall down into the groove like it does with mine. It's less likely to get jammed up or seized the way traditional purge valves do, and can let air flow out through it better, but it just seems like it has an issue there. I'll clean it out good with a pipe cleaner and spend some more time looking at it tonight and report back if anything has changed.

Jonathan also commented about the indentation in the tray holder (where I said water collects), saying that it is put there to stop any juices that leak down from the bowl from going down the outside of the stem and the rest of the hookah. I have personally never experience this happening, so I'm not sure how necessary that is. If the bowl is on tight, it shouldn't even allow the juices to leak out, and even if it did, the tray holder is still there to stop them, it's not like there is so much juice that is pours out over the tray holder haha.

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1325882828' post='534838']

[u][b]Looks like my trumpet vase (which is hella tall) would be perfect for a downstem that long.[/b][/u]

[/quote]

The only vase I've seen that would fit that pipe comfortably....