Tangiers Smalls?

Anyone knows when they will be available again? I need to make an order for some stuff but can't do so until they are back in stock. Can't afford the exorbitant shipping very often. :(

If no one knows, can anyone using an alien tell me how it performs with AF? Mainly, how long a session am I looking to get from an alien mini if I am using AF? I am satisfied with my crown micro phunnel for solo sessions, but it lasts for only an hour if I am smoking in a group. I can wait may be till the first week of January to make my order, otherwise, I am gonna have to get an alien. :(

Thanks.

I almost always use either my Alien phunnel or my flying saucer bowl. Both can last you 2-3 hours with AF in my experience.

Edited by Floataround

[quote name='Floataround' timestamp='1324906355' post='533834']
I almost always use either my Alien phunnel or my flying saucer bowl. Both can last you 2-3 hours with AF in my experience.
[/quote]

FSB is not an option since they are out of stock, and because I can't order from John for some reason. 2-3 hours in an alien? That in a group? I can make my crown phunnel smoke good for 2 hours when I am alone and that's fine by me as I mentioned, but more people mean more hits and a shorter session.

I just want something that can go for a while when I have friends over, and may be go on even longer if I am alone but feel like smoking for a few hours on a weekend.

Just wait for the Smalls to become back in stock. They are the best bowl on the market, IMO. I'll shoot Eric a PM asking when they'll be back in stock for you. My guess is very soon, January or February, probably January.

EDIT: PM sent. I'll let you know what he says. :)

I'd wait for the Tang bowls to come back. they are unmatched. In the meantime, Do what Skoozle says. use an egyptian. I have 2/3 hour sessions with my medium egyptian w/ AF (just me smoking though) but It'll hold you until Eric has a new release of smalls

I think the HJ Flying saucer will be in within two weeks. Although I firmly believe that the Tangiers Phunnels are the best for Tangiers... I use my FSB for most non-Tangiers tobacco. Plus its so cute! I smile when I pack it :P

Sorry everyone, I forgot to include that I asked for AF because that is my primary smoke, but I do smoke the occasional tangiers too, and have only my crown phunnel to do so, which performs decently with it, but I do want to see how a clay phunnel performs.

@Chris: Thanks for Pm'ing Eric. Please let me know when you find out anything.

@Katie: As I mentioned, I can't order from John because he only accepts WU as a mode of payment from international customers, which I find to be a hassle. You don't have an idea when smalls will be back?

*double post*

Not to mention that the crown micro has truly sold me on the phunnel design. I have no problems with an egyptian, but the phunnel does make the tobacco last longer, doesn't it? I mean, I use a maximum of 15gm in my crown and smoke it for 2 hours. I don't think I'd get that long a session with an egyptian, using that much tobacco.

Honestly, I have alien, mini and small Phunnels and I have never put AF in any of them. For your Tangiers, you should hold out for the small Phunnel. Then after you get it you can see if it is good for AF. I suspect that a small Phunnel will take more tobacco (AF) than a standard egyptian.

There are other retailers that sell alien bowls, but if you get impatient and get one beforein the smalls are available, you will just end up ordering a small later.

With your shipping situation, it might be best to order both after the small is restocked.

[quote name='mushrat' timestamp='1324993569' post='533928']
Yes, the phunnel concept does make it last longer. And Eric's were the first.
[/quote]

Of course. I know about the superiority of Tangiers phunnels, hence I am giving it some time. The waiting is hard though, because I don't know when the smalls will be available again, and because I am a tad careless with monies. If I wait longer, I am afraid I am gonna spend it on other things. :(

[quote name='Skoozle' timestamp='1324993805' post='533929']
Honestly, I have alien, mini and small Phunnels and I have never put AF in any of them. For your Tangiers, you should hold out for the small Phunnel. Then after you get it you can see if it is good for AF. I suspect that a small Phunnel will take more tobacco (AF) than a standard egyptian.

There are other retailers that sell alien bowls, but if you get impatient and get one beforein the smalls are available, you will just end up ordering a small later.

With your shipping situation, it might be best to order both after the small is restocked.
[/quote]

The point is that I think I will get a longer session with a tangiers phunnel using 35gm of AF than I will get with an egyptian, and I will get to smoke tangiers in it, which I want to do. The shipping is a killer for me seriously. I mean I have to pay $32 shipping to get 2 fancyhoses. That's more than three times the cost of my order, so I contacted a buddy of mine who has been wanting to get a few things but can't because of the shipping, so I am just gonna ask Alex from 5star to send everything in a medium flat rate USPS box and I am gonna split the shipping with that guy.

Gonna order a small phunnel and some fancyhoses, and my bud's gonna order the same, so we are both just waiting for the smalls to be available again. Just got my PF money from my last job so I am not too bothered about ordering at this time. Would have made a more substantial order though, but 2 of my cousins are getting married in a month so I need the money for clothes and presents and stuff too.

2 phunnels and 5 fancyhoses will fit in a medium box, right?

[Edit] You say you haven't tried AF in a phunnel? Why don't you man? :) I was using an egyptian before I got my crown micro, and I have to say, the flavour, the clouds and the longetivity in a phunnel beats the egyptian imho. Try it. [/Edit] Edited by vendetta_revived

AF in a phunnel is noticeably better. Much cleaner and stronger flavor and it lasts easily 3/4 rounds of CCN's for me. so like.. 3 or so hours?

it does take more tobacco than an egyptian, but if you'll smoke it for the extra time, its worth it IMO.

and vendetta, i do think that 2 bowls and 5 fancyhose will fit in a medium, but don't quote me on it

[quote name='iMPeRiaL 619' timestamp='1325015114' post='533939']
Anyone else hear about the egyptian clay bowls not being sold anymore? Some guy at my local shop said he cant find them anymore, something to do with toxins in the clay when they get to a certain temp :/
[/quote]

I've not heard of this.. that's odd. Can anyone shed some light on this?

[quote name='vendetta_revived' timestamp='1324988438' post='533925']

@Katie: As I mentioned, I can't order from John because he only accepts WU as a mode of payment from international customers, which I find to be a hassle. You don't have an idea when smalls will be back?
[/quote]

Oh derp. I missed that :P I think its safer for the vendor when they use that WU... As far as the Tangiers Smalls they will be out sooner rather than later. We will get you posted when we get closer to the date.

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1325028650' post='533953']
Vimal- Eric replied. He said, "Very soon?" :lol:

Sorry I couldn't find out a more precise time for you. But trust me, they're worth the wait. :)
[/quote]

Something is better than nothing my good man! :) Thanks! I think I will wait instead of settling for an alien and then regret later on. Not that I have anything against it, but I guess if I am looking for longer sessions, I should go with the small which is much more bigger than the crown micro I have, and not with the alien as it is not much bigger than what I have. I wouldn't know for sure how bigger it is than the crown micro though, just what I reckon.

[quote name='Coyote' timestamp='1325020680' post='533947']
[quote name='vendetta_revived' timestamp='1324988438' post='533925']
[/quote]

Oh derp. I missed that :P I think its safer for the vendor when they use that WU... As far as the Tangiers Smalls they will be out sooner rather than later. We will get you posted when we get closer to the date.
[/quote]

[quote name='Coyote' timestamp='1325034975' post='533964']
We are hoping that the small phunnels will be ready for distribution within the month of January.
[/quote]

I understand that it is a security concern, but I have traded with Chris here one time, ordered from Santino and from 5star. I mean I am not out to dupe anyone, but I understand that vendors can't make exceptions for individual cases...it is still inconvenient for me though so that prevents me from ordering from John. :) Thanks for the update about the smalls! That's brilliant.

[quote name='vendetta_revived' timestamp='1325084388' post='533983']
[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1325028650' post='533953']
Vimal- Eric replied. He said, "Very soon?" :lol:

Sorry I couldn't find out a more precise time for you. But trust me, they're worth the wait. :)
[/quote]

Something is better than nothing my good man! :) Thanks! I think I will wait instead of settling for an alien and then regret later on. Not that I have anything against it, but I guess if I am looking for longer sessions, I should go with the small which is much more bigger than the crown micro I have, and not with the alien as it is not much bigger than what I have. I wouldn't know for sure how bigger it is than the crown micro though, just what I reckon.
[/quote]

Word. You're definitely playing it safe. I don't know about the newest Aliens, but when I tried it shortly after release, I didn't think it was any better than my Tangiers Mini Phunnel or Crown Micro Phunnel. In fact, I'd recommend the Crown Micro over the Alien anyday, because it is more in line with the correct depth/width ratio that Eric uses on the Tangiers phunnel bowls. Some agree with me, some disagree with me. All hookah products are pretty subjective it would seem. Even the Vortex... :lol:

[quote name='gramps' timestamp='1325208775' post='534150']
I just ordered a Tangiers Small Punnel from Hookah John. They're back!
Also ordered some Tangiers tobacco because I can't wait to try what everybody's been raving about.
[/quote]

I just saw that today and thought maybe I was imagining things...hopefully I get it together and order - of course I can just wait until they run out and bitch like I usually do :(