Google+

Google's challenge to Facebook, Google+ has been launched (for a limited period of time I think, so if you want in, go now!).

Anyone on it? How do you find it in comparison to facebook?

I like it, but seeing as facebook got there first, it may not reach the same heights, but then you never know do you? What I am really digging about google+ is the "circles" feature, you can just make circles like "Friends", "Family", "office", or literally anything, and then drop people from your list in them.

Then the next time you are sharing something stupid, like drinking beer directly from the barrel, or taking a body shot. :P, you can simply choose what people you want to share it with, which is far superior to facebook's group feature imo.

So, what are your opinions?

[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1310141805' post='515109']
Still waiting for an invite lol. Looks cool though.
[/quote]

PM me your gmail addy and I will send you one.

[quote name='vendetta_revived' timestamp='1310141946' post='515111']
[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1310141805' post='515109']
Still waiting for an invite lol. Looks cool though.
[/quote]

You can join without an invite now.
[/quote]

Really?

I've been on it since sunday. There are a ton of things that are awesome about it. It's in beta, so there are still a few bugs that need fixing, but google is working on them. Invites are open again and I too am inviting people, so just send me a message with your email and I can invite you.

[quote name='aeon' timestamp='1310144891' post='515123']
[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' timestamp='1310144762' post='515121']
Said I needed an invite... can someone hook a brother up?
[/quote]

yes, what's your email?
[/quote]

PM Sent!

[quote name='vendetta_revived' timestamp='1310145679' post='515132']
It's funny though, I am going to their page and it's not asking for any invites, just asking to sign in? May be it's open in India.
[/quote]

That is very likely, actually. Less people trying to force their way in, so it makes sense to just let them join.

[quote name='aeon' timestamp='1310145739' post='515133']
It's funny though, I am going to their page and it's not asking for any invites, just asking to sign in? May be it's open in India.
[/quote]

That is very likely, actually. Less people trying to force their way in, so it makes sense to just let them join.
[/quote]

I actually googled it and it has been launched in select countries for a limited period of time, I don't think any less people are trying to get in here. It wasn't like this yesterday, I had an invite and even then I couldn't get in because they had exceeded their capacity and I was hitting the button like every 10 mins or so, and it finally let me in late in the night, and today I woke up and it's opened for everyone! :\ Weak!

[quote name='vendetta_revived' timestamp='1310145902' post='515134']
[quote name='aeon' timestamp='1310145739' post='515133']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I actually googled it and it has been launched in select countries for a limited period of time, I don't think any less people are trying to get in here. It wasn't like this yesterday, I had an invite and even then I couldn't get in because they had exceeded their capacity and I was hitting the button like every 10 mins or so, and it finally let me in late in the night, and today I woke up and it's opened for everyone! :\ Weak!
[/quote]

Hmm, that's crazy. I know they've been trying to throttle it so that it doesn't break anything, but I didn't know they were doing select countries at a time. At least you got in, though! Lots of people I know have had a lot of problems getting in.