Casey Anthony Trial?

[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1309982836' post='514904']
[quote name='vendetta_revived' timestamp='1309982130' post='514901']
Did she murder her daughter? Most probably, I mean I am pretty sure she did.

Was the system right in letting her go? Yes, by the evidence they had, she couldn't be proven guilty.

Is karma gonna get to her and make things even? By the things I have witnessed/heard/learnt in my 24 year life, most probably not. I don't believe in karma, having seen people do things you wouldn't think about and then die comfortably in their old age. Public memory is short, and that is an understatement. Everyone will forget Casey in an year or two at the most, and she always has the option to move to another country if people in America make her life hell.

And if she was a normal person, you'd think her life would be hell by the personal demons she would face after committing such a horrendous crime, but going by her diary entry, and how her demeanor during the trial was, I don't think so.
[/quote]

I think you're wrong. The public's memory may be short, but they will never forget that she is a raging bitch who murdered her own 2 year old daughter. Honestly though, the media did take this case and blow it up big time. Homicides happen all over the place and we never hear about it. I'm sure plenty of people have gotten away with things more fucked up than what she did. But it doesn't make it right. What she did was wrong. People won't forget that.
[/quote]

May be you are right, but as I mentioned, she can always move away where people don't know her.

Was the system right in letting her go? Yes, by the evidence they had, she couldn't be proven guilty.

Is karma gonna get to her and make things even? By the things I have witnessed/heard/learnt in my 24 year life, most probably not. I don't believe in karma, having seen people do things you wouldn't think about and then die comfortably in their old age. Public memory is short, and that is an understatement. Everyone will forget Casey in an year or two at the most, and she always has the option to move to another country if people in America make her life hell.

And if she was a normal person, you'd think her life would be hell by the personal demons she would face after committing such a horrendous crime, but going by her diary entry, and how her demeanor during the trial was, I don't think so.
[/quote]

As Chris said EVERYONE knows her name now. Even if 10 years down the road people are like "Hm, this woman's name sounds vaguely familiar" - I still remember Andrea Yates, who was convicted in 2002 - they can Google it (and many employers do regardless of familiarity of the name or whatever - you're right, she could move) and nobody's going to want to give her a job or be involved with her in any way. She'll have to find someone equally nutso to date or marry, she might have a hard time finding a place to live, etc. While her face is still recognizable I'm sure she will be harassed in public. Everything's going to be pretty difficult for her.

[quote name='vendetta_revived' timestamp='1309988620' post='514916']
[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1309982836' post='514904']

[/quote]

I think you're wrong. The public's memory may be short, but they will never forget that she is a raging bitch who murdered her own 2 year old daughter. Honestly though, the media did take this case and blow it up big time. Homicides happen all over the place and we never hear about it. I'm sure plenty of people have gotten away with things more fucked up than what she did. But it doesn't make it right. What she did was wrong. People won't forget that.
[/quote]

May be you are right, but as I mentioned, she can always move away where people don't know her.
[/quote]

Yeah probably. Idk how the hell she can live with herself.

Narcissists are dead inside, that's how.

To her, she equates it with a dress she stained, she threw it out because it was effecting her partying time.

so it seems she is getting out of prison on the 13th of july. this is not surprising to me at all, seeing as she was sentenced to 4 years but already served 3 while waiting for the trial and probably had good behavior

my opinion....i dont care, i dont give two shits, i could care less,

as unfortunate as it is hundreds of parents kill their kids each year so its kinda nothing new, but when people are literally "Getting sick" due to the outcome of a case that does NOT affect their daily life in any way, they dont know the mom, they dont know the family, they done know the girl who died....people are ridiculous

people who are usually rational are spouiting about how shes going to burn in hell, how she should die, how she will get hers......and she was proven not guilty, were these people there? did they watch her die? did they see the murder?

"But The Evidenc..." NO the evidence was not enough to convince the Jury WHO ARE THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT MATTER!

Meanwhile THOUSANDS are losing their houses theyve had for years and years due to the flood.....im not seeing that on the main news nearly as much, Im in Council Bluffs, Iowa, im living that, im helping people move, ive filled sandbags, talked to the national guardsmens who are worried, watched the local news

Do people care about that? nope, they care about some little girl who they never met before and will forget about in 2 weeks anyways....

......i feel better ^_^

i agree man, people will forget after a few weeks anyways. the media blew this one up and brought this to national attention when there are more important things out there

[b]These big public trials are of no interest to me. Just like the O.J. Simpson farce that everyone wasted so much time on! It's a shame about that cute little caylee and I do hope her real killer is caught and punished!
[img]http://file.alice2k.ru/2009/26.07.2009_hek_upyachki/index_files/90doodie-hell.gif[/img][/b]

As a Christian, I try to feel the compassion for the little girl that died that Jesus obviously has for her, but that is as involved as I get in a case like this that has no bearing on my life in general. And while it looks like any corporeal justice has escaped little Caley, I know that divine justice is not blind like ours is. God knows what happened and who is responsible, and they will have to answer to Him for their crimes eventually.

That said, I stand by my opinion that the jury did their job and did it well. When you have to resort to statements like "Everybody knows she did it", then think twice about what you are saying, because nobody but Casey, Caley, and anyone that was directly involved knows for sure whether she did it. And God, of course.

[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1310067315' post='515017']
Idk how you guys think people will forget about this anytime soon. People still talk about OJ and that trial was 15 years ago.
[/quote]

the only time, in my experience, when people talk about oj is when cases like this happen, which is incredibly rare, or when he releases a book about how he WOULD have done it IF he had lol. i have not had more than a 10 second conversation about oj in the last 5 years of my life. i feel like one of the reasons OJ is still remembered for his case is that there are a lot of shows on tv that crack jokes at it

im fully expecting a joke about the casey anthony trial on tosh.0 on tuesday

Idk how you guys think people will forget about this anytime soon. People still talk about OJ and that trial was 15 years ago.
[/quote]

OJ was a celebrity. :)

[quote name='xtianhookahlover' timestamp='1310067451' post='515018']
As a Christian, I try to feel the compassion for the little girl that died that Jesus obviously has for her, but that is as involved as I get in a case like this that has no bearing on my life in general. And while it looks like any corporeal justice has escaped little Caley, I know that divine justice is not blind like ours is. God knows what happened and who is responsible, and they will have to answer to Him for their crimes eventually.

That said, I stand by my opinion that the jury did their job and did it well. When you have to resort to statements like "Everybody knows she did it", then think twice about what you are saying, because nobody but Casey, Caley, and anyone that was directly involved knows for sure whether she did it. And God, of course.
[/quote]

She didn't report her 3 year old missing for 31 goddamn days! Her car smelled like a dead body had been in it, there were searches like "how to make chloroform", "how to use chloroform", "break neck" and stuff like that on her computer, she lied about everything pretty much through the entire trial. Jury let her go yes, and rightly so based on the evidence they had, but no one in their right mind would think that she didn't do it.

[quote name='vendetta_revived' timestamp='1310068236' post='515022']
[/quote]

OJ was a celebrity. :)

[quote name='xtianhookahlover' timestamp='1310067451' post='515018']

[/quote]

She didn't report her 3 year old missing for 31 goddamn days! Her car smelled like a dead body had been in it, there were searches like "how to make chloroform", "how to use chloroform", "break neck" and stuff like that on her computer, she lied about everything pretty much through the entire trial. Jury let her go yes, and rightly so based on the evidence they had, but no one in their right mind would think that she didn't do it.
[/quote]

"Common sense" might point in her direction as the one responsible for her daughter's death, but I'm not going to pretend I have specific knowledge that I have no way of knowing. That would be calling myself omniscient, and only God is such. Sorry if I sound preachy, but I spent 10 years around people that pretended to have all kinds of "psychic" abilities, and also people that also pretended to know things that there is no way they could have known. So I'm very careful in what I claim to know and not know. I know that sounds pretty empirical for a Christian, but that's just how I am, lol.

This isn't about being physic. It's about looking at what is on the table! You would have to be a fool to not think she did it. Who the fuck did?! I'm Catholic but I can still walk around saying she did it.

[quote name='nkfm' timestamp='1309978286' post='514880']
[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1309973758' post='514868']
You're glad they didn't decide to vote guilty.....
[/quote]

Yes. Innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. That's the way the system works. Did you really want them to vote guilty based on circumstantial evidence? Anywho, keeping up with the good vibes of this forum, this will probably be my last post. We shall agree to disagree. ^_^
[/quote]

I'm glad they decided to vote not guilty as well.

If I was ever on trial and truly was innocent, I hate to be found guilty just because the jury thought I was a jerk or something.

[quote name='IainUM' timestamp='1309981528' post='514896']
well[b] i think the jury made the right decision[/b] based on the evidence given to them. it isn't the jury's fault that the prosecution didn't have enough concrete evidence to convict her, and i honestly believe[b] if the jury voted not-guilty it would have been the wrong thing to do[/b].
do i think she did it? yeah, probably
do i think her life is basically over, regardless of sentencing? yeah, probably
[/quote]
Eh? So, you think they made the right decision...but, it was the wrong thing to do? For some reason, that thought just made my head hurt. Bammer, post that mindfucked picture!

[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1310073938' post='515038']
This isn't about being physic. It's about looking at what is on the table! You would have to be a fool to not think she did it. Who the fuck did?! I'm Catholic but I can still walk around saying she did it.
[/quote]
Exactly. This is why she was proclaimed not guilty of murder. The jury only used what was presented on the table. If they had used their gut feeling, she'd probably have been convicted of murder. Edited by Arcane

The thing I'm a bit ticked off about is, is that she's getting offers from some movie production studios from Hollywood and if she were to sell her rights to produce a movie or to publish a book, she would be a millionaire. She didn't get off scott free either though. She was found guilty for lying under oath, but with the evidence at hand the jury did right for not finding her guilty for the murder. I do agree with what was said before about how this has turned into a witch hunt because of the media. If she didn't do it (which I doubt) she doesn't deserve to have everyone after her head like this.

[quote name='Arcane' timestamp='1310084418' post='515053']
[quote name='nkfm' timestamp='1309978286' post='514880']
[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1309973758' post='514868']
You're glad they didn't decide to vote guilty.....
[/quote]

Yes. Innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. That's the way the system works. Did you really want them to vote guilty based on circumstantial evidence? Anywho, keeping up with the good vibes of this forum, this will probably be my last post. We shall agree to disagree. ^_^
[/quote]

I'm glad they decided to vote not guilty as well.

If I was ever on trial and truly was innocent, I hate to be found guilty just because the jury thought I was a jerk or something.
[/quote]

Exactly. The jury did the right thing I think. They didn't let their emotions get in the way.

So basically they had to use the right side of the Force...

[quote name='Arcane' timestamp='1310085275' post='515054']
well[b] i think the jury made the right decision[/b] based on the evidence given to them. it isn't the jury's fault that the prosecution didn't have enough concrete evidence to convict her, and i honestly believe[b] if the jury voted not-guilty it would have been the wrong thing to do[/b].
[/quote]
Eh? So, you think they made the right decision...but, it was the wrong thing to do? For some reason, that thought just made my head hurt. [b]Bammer, post that mindfucked picture![/b]

[/quote]
Exactly. This is why she was proclaimed not guilty of murder. The jury only used what was presented on the table. If they had used their gut feeling, she'd probably have been convicted of murder.
[/quote]

[IMG]http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p40/INCUBUSRATM/Funny%20pics%20and%20gifs/tumblr_lfar88vLju1qzh5j8o1_500.jpg[/IMG]

[/quote]
Eh? So, you think they made the right decision...but, it was the wrong thing to do? For some reason, that thought just made my head hurt. Bammer, post that mindfucked picture!

[/quote]
Exactly. This is why she was proclaimed not guilty of murder. The jury only used what was presented on the table. If they had used their gut feeling, she'd probably have been convicted of murder.
[/quote]

lol my bad, typo, i meant it like this "[b]if the jury voted guilty it would have been the wrong thing to do."[/b] (given the amount of evidence presented, of course). my bad, jay. sorry to mind-fuck you

[quote name='IainUM' timestamp='1310091769' post='515063']
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

lol my bad, typo, i meant it like this "[b]if the jury voted guilty it would have been the wrong thing to do."[/b] (given the amount of evidence presented, of course). my bad, jay. sorry to mind-fuck you
[/quote]

No need to be sorry; Jay likes being mind-fucked. That's why he enjoys hanging out with Eric so much. :)