Casey Anthony Trial?

so opinions and such on this trial, if anyone has any. I followed it a bit but also talked a lot about it with my parents who were both trial lawyers, but I will wait to voice my opinion till after this thread potentially gets some responses

Who the fuck googles "how to kill someone" "how to strangle someone". What kind of mother doesn't report her 2 year old child missing for 31 days. They found chloroform And her car smelled like death. Her defense attourney was a fucking asshole. She got away with murder. Fucking bitch.

Everyone underestimated Biaz because of his inexperience, but it all came together for him and Casey in his closing arguments. Add that to the fact that the state had no real evidence and what did you expect the verdict to be? The system worked here, Sure it sucks that a little girl is dead and the police didn't uncover enough evidence to punish someone for the crime, but if YOU were accused of a crime and the state had little to no evidence that you were guilty of it, you would want the jury to come to the same conclusion, so think about that before you let your emotions get the best of you and start demanding blood for blood just because.

[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1309963875' post='514842']
I'm just saying the fact that people think she is innocent is complete shit. Come the fuck on people. She killed her own daughter!!
[/quote]

how do you know? what physical proof do you have? exxxactly. thats why she got off.

Just based on what I have read (20 minutes yesterday because my wife was freaking out about it), a lot of the evidence was circumstantial and nothing directly tying her to the murder or disposal of the body. Which left the defense with a great big hole to insure a "reasonable doubt"

Is she a heartless ice queen? Yes

Did she do it? Probably. She was found "not guilty", not "innocent"
  • Upvote 1

I'm glad the jury was sequestered and she got a fair trial. Our system worked as intended. There was a reasonable doubt as to her guilty, so she was ruled not guilty. The media and the people have turned this into a witch hunt and it disgusts me when I see my normally rational friends saying stuff like "she needs to be shot in the street, we should have just locked her up no trial" That's sick.

[quote name='nkfm' timestamp='1309969170' post='514853']
I'm glad the jury was sequestered and she got a fair trial. Our system worked as intended. There was a reasonable doubt as to her guilty, so she was ruled not guilty. The media and the people have turned this into a witch hunt and it disgusts me when I see my normally rational friends saying stuff like "she needs to be shot in the street, we should have just locked her up no trial" That's sick.
[/quote]

How has the media and the public turned this into something it isn't? I understand that there is no physical evidence. Because by the time she reported her daughter missing her body was long gone and decomposed. She planned it. Pre meditated murder. It's my opinion. As far as I'm concerned, she deserves the death penalty.

[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1309971010' post='514858']
[/quote]

How has the media and the public turned this into something it isn't? I understand that there is no physical evidence. Because by the time she reported her daughter missing her body was long gone and decomposed. She planned it. Pre meditated murder. It's my opinion. As far as I'm concerned, she deserves the death penalty.
[/quote]

Yeah, in my opinion too she is a child killer. However, there is no evidence to prove it and opinion gets you nothing in court. This happens ALL THE TIME all over the country. The media picked it up and reported it to death, therefore when she was given a verdict of not guilty, which is supposed to happen when there is nothing but circumstantial evidence, people say it's wrong, the jury sucks, etc. A few months ago a crackhead here killed her daughter and got away with it as well. The media didn't pick up on it therefore it wasn't the circus this trial was. That's what I'm saying. The jury might not have thought she was innocent, but given the evidence I'm glad they didn't decide to vote guilty anyway.
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='nkfm' timestamp='1309972263' post='514861']
[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1309971010' post='514858']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, in my opinion too she is a child killer. However, there is no evidence to prove it and opinion gets you nothing in court. This happens ALL THE TIME all over the country. The media picked it up and reported it to death, therefore when she was given a verdict of not guilty, which is supposed to happen when there is nothing but circumstantial evidence, people say it's wrong, the jury sucks, etc. A few months ago a crackhead here killed her daughter and got away with it as well. The media didn't pick up on it therefore it wasn't the circus this trial was. That's what I'm saying. The jury might not have thought she was innocent, but given the evidence I'm glad they didn't decide to vote guilty anyway.
[/quote]

You're glad they didn't decide to vote guilty.....

I didn't follow the trial, though I did catch up towards the end of the whole thing. First of all, asks any lawyer, mothers who kill their own children are notoriously hard to convict because the public's general mentality is that they can't conceive of a mother willingly doing that. So first the prosecution has to break down that belief a mother couldn't do it at all, and then they have to prove that particular mother did it. Throw in the death penalty and almost anyone is going to hesitate unless guilt is proven to the point where there is not even a shred of reasonable doubt left. There just wasn't enough evidence to break through those beliefs and hesitations. There was way too much of a window of reasonable doubt and that's proven by the fact that it only took 10 hours of deliberation for the jury to reach their verdict.

Secondly, our system was originally designed in such a way that such a burden of evidence would be required as to prevent the innocent being convicted. Somewhere it's actually quoted that "better 100 guilty men go free than 1 innocent man be convicted". Unfortunately, we now have a corrupt system that I'm not certain continues to serve us. We have way too many laws on the books that people are being prosecuted for that are clogging our court system and setting up the deals that blur the lines of guilt and innocence. . Every time a personal freedom is taken away, it's taken away by use of the law. Which immediately creates an entire new class of offenders and usually a new criminal element. If we got some of those off the books and got back to prosecuting the basic, maybe our system would get back to working the way it was originally intended. Maybe that would actually leave some room for thorough investigation and more guilty people being convicted.

'Rani
  • Upvote 1

I followed this thing the whole three years. She definitely did it. But all the evidence was circumstantial. The system definitely worked in this case. There was reasonable doubt because there was a lack of forensic evidence. I think based off of all the lies alone she did it, but unfortunately that's considered circumstantial evidence and wasn't enough to find her guilty. Ultimately, I think the jury made the right decision. She may have gotten away with murder, but her life is now ruined in more ways than if she just sat in a jail her whole life. I'm a firm believer in karma, and it is going to to come back around to her so hardcore.
  • Upvote 1

To sum up my feelings on the whole trial and the media circus surrounding it I made this video for a song of mine yesterday after hearing the verdict:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1xO8t85cew"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1xO8t85cew[/url]

[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1309973758' post='514868']
You're glad they didn't decide to vote guilty.....
[/quote]

Yes. Innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. That's the way the system works. Did you really want them to vote guilty based on circumstantial evidence? Anywho, keeping up with the good vibes of this forum, this will probably be my last post. We shall agree to disagree. ^_^

She didn't get away with it- everyone knows she did it. They just couldn't legally put her away for it due to a lack of forensic evidence. Trust me, her life is going to be a living hell from here on out. Everyone knows she did it due to all the lies. No one will hire her. Her parents won't let her come back home; not after she allowed her defense council to throw them under the bus for her freedom. She is literally fucked. I think the only way she'll survive is if she sells her story for a really really high price. But then again, she'll probably be really stupid and blow all the money and be in a shithole again.

[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1309979787' post='514890']
I'm just saying she got away with it legally.
[/quote]

Right- the way the law is written allowed her to get away with it. As Rani said, the law is written to [i]try[/i] and make sure innocent people aren't sent to jail.

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' timestamp='1309980611' post='514891']
[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1309979787' post='514890']
I'm just saying she got away with it legally.
[/quote]

Right- the way the law is written allowed her to get away with it. As Rani said, the law is written to [i]try[/i] and make sure innocent people aren't sent to jail.
[/quote]

I know. That's the way it should be. Because it once was Guilty until proven innocent, which is pretty wrong IMO. But! This one time happened to be the most fucked up case. I just can't believe the whole thing.

well i think the jury made the right decision based on the evidence given to them. it isn't the jury's fault that the prosecution didn't have enough concrete evidence to convict her, and i honestly believe if the jury voted not-guilty it would have been the wrong thing to do.
do i think she did it? yeah, probably
do i think her life is basically over, regardless of sentencing? yeah, probably

Did she murder her daughter? Most probably, I mean I am pretty sure she did.

Was the system right in letting her go? Yes, by the evidence they had, she couldn't be proven guilty.

Is karma gonna get to her and make things even? By the things I have witnessed/heard/learnt in my 24 year life, most probably not. I don't believe in karma, having seen people do things you wouldn't think about and then die comfortably in their old age. Public memory is short, and that is an understatement. Everyone will forget Casey in an year or two at the most, and she always has the option to move to another country if people in America make her life hell.

And if she was a normal person, you'd think her life would be hell by the personal demons she would face after committing such a horrendous crime, but going by her diary entry, and how her demeanor during the trial was, I don't think so. Edited by vendetta_revived

[quote name='vendetta_revived' timestamp='1309982130' post='514901']
Did she murder her daughter? Most probably, I mean I am pretty sure she did.

Was the system right in letting her go? Yes, by the evidence they had, she couldn't be proven guilty.

Is karma gonna get to her and make things even? By the things I have witnessed/heard/learnt in my 24 year life, most probably not. I don't believe in karma, having seen people do things you wouldn't think about and then die comfortably in their old age. Public memory is short, and that is an understatement. Everyone will forget Casey in an year or two at the most, and she always has the option to move to another country if people in America make her life hell.

And if she was a normal person, you'd think her life would be hell by the personal demons she would face after committing such a horrendous crime, but going by her diary entry, and how her demeanor during the trial was, I don't think so.
[/quote]

I think you're wrong. The public's memory may be short, but they will never forget that she is a raging bitch who murdered her own 2 year old daughter. Honestly though, the media did take this case and blow it up big time. Homicides happen all over the place and we never hear about it. I'm sure plenty of people have gotten away with things more fucked up than what she did. But it doesn't make it right. What she did was wrong. People won't forget that.

Not guilty does not mean innocent. That said,

the state's case was a giant grandstanding clusterfuck.

lots of mistakes, but the biggies were when they went for a death jury, typically a more analytical group than a non-death jury. I think they tried to stack the deck by getting a more "law and order" group than a general sampling to the peers. Second to have a murder you have to have a murderer, and a victim. As redicilous as it sounds, they had neither. I know, my woman and I went around about this... being the prosecutor, she keeps saying the circumstance is evidence enough, and the jury isn't supposed to consider a lack of proven motive, or proof of cause of death. I kept telling her to quit being a lawyer, and start being a human being.

It is not suspicion, but proven fact that counts.
In this case, there were damn few facts proven.
the meter reader-herman-musnter-looking-spooky-guy was the final nail in the coffin for the state. After seeing his testimony I was sure a return of NG on the felonies would be the result.

The grandstanding BS destroyed what case the state had. People don't like being played with some BS propaganda videos. Playing them like they were real evidence sits in the jury's mind, it looks as if there is no evidence, and the best they have is some lame-arse Photoshopped slide show.

The jury found the only result that made any sense given the facts they had.

The father is a freak. I don't trust him. Whatever happened, he absolutely had something to do with it.