My Hookah From India

Majick_Ninja29

[quote name='mushrat' timestamp='1296324055' post='496099']
oy,

Anyone else recognize that hookah?

[url="http://www.southsmoke.com/pd_the_junior.cfm"]http://www.southsmok..._the_junior.cfm[/url]
[/quote]

I thought for sure it looked Mitsuba...reminds me of the them....good eye Mush

My post from the "hookah from Iraq" thread should be copied/pasted here...

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' timestamp='1293574865' post='492712']
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it isn't an authentic Middle Eastern-made pipe. It was actually made in China; you can tell by looking at the style of the hose ports, heart, bowl, and hoses. But as long as it smokes good and is durable, that's all that matters. Just kinda hard to tell what's durable when it comes to Chinese hookahs. I will say though the detail on that thing is quite nice. And the little trunk it comes with is quite nice as well.
[/quote]

We tell you cause we love you.
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='rj_skillz' timestamp='1296322933' post='496091']
Nice hookah dude..I should have atleast one of these in my collection since i'm from India.

[b]Do you know where in India you got it from?[/b]
[/quote]

Check around the Shanghai area.

[quote name='Skoozle' timestamp='1296589088' post='496475']
[quote name='rj_skillz' timestamp='1296322933' post='496091']
Nice hookah dude..I should have atleast one of these in my collection since i'm from India.

[b]Do you know where in India you got it from?[/b]
[/quote]

Check around the Shanghai area.
[/quote]

Ouch...I think I'll pass on a chinese hookah lulz!

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' timestamp='1296375235' post='496153']

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it isn't an authentic Middle Eastern-made pipe. It was actually made in China; you can tell by looking at the style of the hose ports, heart, bowl, and hoses. But as long as it smokes good and is durable, that's all that matters. Just kinda hard to tell what's durable when it comes to Chinese hookahs. I will say though the detail on that thing is quite nice. And the little trunk it comes with is quite nice as well.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Sigh, I don't think any hookahs are made in Iraq. I've seen SUPER old school photos and whatnot with Turk/Syrian looking types, and lots of modern photos with KM-looking dealies. The cousin I recently met from Baghdad said the Egyptian style is the de-facto standard there.

[quote name='Hassouni' timestamp='1296667588' post='496557']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sigh, I don't think any hookahs are made in Iraq. I've seen SUPER old school photos and whatnot with Turk/Syrian looking types, and lots of modern photos with KM-looking dealies. The cousin I recently met from Baghdad said the Egyptian style is the de-facto standard there.
[/quote]

I think they used to have wood stemmed Iraqi hookahs on HC.

Clueless what is the difference? [quote name='Hassouni' timestamp='1296667588' post='496557']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

• 6 months later...