Hey, I see these a lot. I've just wondered whats the deal with them. Are they good hookahs or do you get what you pay for? I've noticed they are cheaper, and that not a lot of people talk about them here. Is there a reason for that?

Sorry if this has been posted before, if it has can someone just give me the link to the thread? Thanks

i have a small MZ and i love it, i think that MZ went out of business/changed their name but i havent been able to find out what happened exactly, they are all handbuilt egyptians and have good sized ports and downstems, usually really clean welds as well.

Echoing what everyone has said.

Their main site is now down. I have heard rumors that they have changed their name to Yuma or something like that, but I haven't found anything concrete.

Avoid the smaller ones go 28" or more.

[quote name='KeepItSimple' date='09 March 2010 - 11:51 AM' timestamp='1268164261' post='456136']
Is it as good as a KM?
[/quote]

they are nice hookahs but IMHO it isnt as nice as a KM. I would compare them to Mya.

I never understood the hype when it came to MZ. All the ones that I've seen have been hollow and look very similar to the chinese hookahs I've seen. Sure, they're clean, but they're also basic. I've seen absolutely nothing that jumped out at me as special about them. They just seemed to be made from thinner metal and lower quality in general than KM, TM, and Mya.

Are they worth the money? Maybe. Would you be happier with something else? Probably.

This is all IMHO, of course.

[quote name='Stuie' date='09 March 2010 - 11:46 AM' timestamp='1268163982' post='456135']
Echoing what everyone has said.

Their main site is now down. I have heard rumors that they have changed their name to Yuma or something like that, but I haven't found anything concrete.

Avoid the smaller ones go 28" or more.
[/quote]

The site seems to be working for me. I've heard the same rumors about them merging and the name changing to Yama a while ago but I'm not sure how trustworthy they are since MZ is still around and supplying hookahs under their name. Edited by foibled again

I've got an MZ. Its a great hookah, the only downfall i have noticed in it is the inner rim of the hose port is sharp and rips the gaskets. I'm thinking i might try taking a dremel to it or something. I also noticed the downstem on a KM has a slightly wider ID. I am actually almost considering selling the MZ though, so if you are interested, let me know and Ill let you know if i decide to get rid of it. I really like the hookah, but i only smoke 1-2 bowls a week and have 5 hookahs, two of which are KMs so I don't really see the point in keeping it. plus if i go to CO for the summer i won't be able to smoke all summer.

From what I heard, MZ was stopping making hookahs and going on to make tea-sets...a local hookah lounge owner said he heard the same.

My MZ was my favorite hookah before I got my KM. They are a lil bit narrower on the downstem, but smoke like beasts. They are usually lightweight. You'll find imperfections on them(like Delsol's problem) like any other handmade hookah(My KM has a few imperfections).

I think they are almost as good as KM, but not quite there.

I'm selling mine to the first bidder so I can get a new one before they are out of stock...I have the MZ Nefertiti B in red and I want to get the newest model of Nefertiti.

I own a 'Double Pear' style MZ that I got from Egypt long ago, I don't think it's being sold here in the states.

It smokes good, but does lack in weight and purge performance. Wide down stem with a big hose port makes for nice, easy pulls however.

Good pipes, but not my favorite.

[quote name='Codename067' date='09 March 2010 - 03:41 PM' timestamp='1268178093' post='456187']
I own a 'Double Pear' style MZ that I got from Egypt long ago, I don't think it's being sold here in the states.

It smokes good, but does lack in weight and purge performance. Wide down stem with a big hose port makes for nice, easy pulls however.

[/quote]

Is that the white one in your sig pic on the far right?

[quote name='KeepItSimple' date='09 March 2010 - 03:44 PM' timestamp='1268178267' post='456189']
[quote name='Codename067' date='09 March 2010 - 03:41 PM' timestamp='1268178093' post='456187']

[/quote]

[/quote]

That's the one. I also have one in Blue.

i have a smaller one, about 22 inches. it is lighter than a KM pipe, the welds are about the same quality. I cant complain, it smokes great, and I wouldnt want to be clubbed by one.

I have a MZ Sirius 28''. I really like it. It smokes nice and easy and I haven't had a problem with different bowls or hoses not fitting. Only thing I didn't like was that the rim around the hose port was sharp. I just took a file and filed it down a tad and problem solved. Overall a very nice hookah in my opinion and well worth the money.

I've had my MZ for over a year, and it smokes great. Yeah, it is not as heavy as some KMs, but for the price its hard to beat. As for them looking plain, I always thought they had plenty of different models, you could probably find something you like.

I have about a 28" MZ and it smokes great. The stem is no where near chinese quality like ih303 said: Solid build, no weld marks, and I've had it for years with moderate cleaning. Everything fits tight and I really like the way MZ's trays connect and sit on the stem. Long and wide hose port + solid screwing purge port, not silly little screw on ones.

[quote name='Codename067' date='09 March 2010 - 04:29 PM' timestamp='1268180979' post='456199']
[quote name='KeepItSimple' date='09 March 2010 - 03:44 PM' timestamp='1268178267' post='456189']

[/quote]

[/quote]

That's the one. I also have one in Blue.
[/quote]

Dude, that thing is sick. I was just asking about the MZ's but now I want that one. haha

i have had my MZ Horas C for two years now and it smokes as good as the day i brought it home. yes i like my km more only cause it is more showy however my mz is by far the cloud master.