Why Does Al Fakher Two Apples Taste Like Black Licorice?

QUOTE (Jondd88 @ Nov 11 2009, 02:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got a pack of 50g Nakhla Two Apples and it was pretty good.
It seemed to have an Apple Jollyrancher taste to it which I liked.
I smoked it all up pretty fast and was wanting to buy more but I went to a different shop and they didn't have any.
I got some AF Two Apples instead since I have found AF to be pretty good with their other flavors I have tried.
I tried it and it tastes strongly of black licorice.
My first thought was that I did something wrong or got a bad batch.
I searched on here and found that I am definitely not the only person to experience this.
I didn't find anything about why it tastes like that though.
Does anyone know?

NK 2 Apples tasting like Apple Jolly Ranchers? Weird. IMO, there's absolutely nothing jolly-rancher-ish about 2A.

QUOTE (SynysterPhoenix @ Nov 11 2009, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got AF single apple and it tastes like just straight up apple.

Meh, I think AF single apple still has a kind of spiced-apple flavor to it. Honestly, I'm looking for a good apple that actually tastes like a green-apple jolly rancher. I really want to try TN Yellow Apple and Green Apple Candy but haven't gotten around to it yet.

I too get irritated with the lack of good, plain ol' apple flavors available. Everytime people come into the lounge and ask for DA, I ask them if they like black licorice because that's what it tastes like. 99.9% of the time they grimace and order something else.

Here's my experience:
AF Single Apple - Kind of a spiced apple flavor
AF Golden Eskandarani Apple - Tastes like apple/floral flavored wood, but still a decent smoke
AF Golden Baharaini Apple - Strong Anise Flavor
NK El Basha Apples - Lighter Anise Flavor
NK 2 Apples - Strong Anise Flavor
Fumari Triple Apple - Tastes like AF Golden Eskandarani Apple
TN Lucid Apple - Tastes like AF Single Apple
SB Sour Apple - Tastes like Burning Butt Hairs
NK Mizo Apple - Strong Anise Flavor

So Like I said, I'm eager to try out TN yellow apple and green apple candy.

• 2 weeks later...
[/quote]

LMAO! Do we dare ask why you know what burning butt hairs taste like?

QUOTE (ih303 @ Nov 12 2009, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Jondd88 @ Nov 11 2009, 02:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got a pack of 50g Nakhla Two Apples and it was pretty good.
It seemed to have an Apple Jollyrancher taste to it which I liked.
I smoked it all up pretty fast and was wanting to buy more but I went to a different shop and they didn't have any.
I got some AF Two Apples instead since I have found AF to be pretty good with their other flavors I have tried.
I tried it and it tastes strongly of black licorice.
My first thought was that I did something wrong or got a bad batch.
I searched on here and found that I am definitely not the only person to experience this.
I didn't find anything about why it tastes like that though.
Does anyone know?

NK 2 Apples tasting like Apple Jolly Ranchers? Weird. IMO, there's absolutely nothing jolly-rancher-ish about 2A.

QUOTE (SynysterPhoenix @ Nov 11 2009, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got AF single apple and it tastes like just straight up apple.

Meh, I think AF single apple still has a kind of spiced-apple flavor to it. Honestly, I'm looking for a good apple that actually tastes like a green-apple jolly rancher. I really want to try TN Yellow Apple and Green Apple Candy but haven't gotten around to it yet.

I too get irritated with the lack of good, plain ol' apple flavors available. Everytime people come into the lounge and ask for DA, I ask them if they like black licorice because that's what it tastes like. 99.9% of the time they grimace and order something else.

Here's my experience:
AF Single Apple - Kind of a spiced apple flavor
AF Golden Eskandarani Apple - Tastes like apple/floral flavored wood, but still a decent smoke
AF Golden Baharaini Apple - Strong Anise Flavor
NK El Basha Apples - Lighter Anise Flavor
NK 2 Apples - Strong Anise Flavor
Fumari Triple Apple - Tastes like AF Golden Eskandarani Apple
TN Lucid Apple - Tastes like AF Single Apple
NK Mizo Apple - Strong Anise Flavor

So Like I said, I'm eager to try out TN yellow apple and green apple candy.

May i recommend Layalina Eskandarani Apple. Hands down one of the best apple flavors i've ever had. It will definatly be part of my next order as my local vendor quit carrying layalina in favor of starbuzz/fantasia (man was i pissed)

QUOTE (Charley @ Nov 12 2009, 04:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think they do that so it will taste like ouzo (not sure if i spelled that right its a type of strong usually homemade liquor or at least thats what it taste like to me.)

It's actually a Greek liquor.

QUOTE (chinamon @ Nov 12 2009, 10:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (mushrat @ Nov 12 2009, 02:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (chinamon @ Nov 11 2009, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (mushrat @ Nov 11 2009, 03:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Stick to Single apple flavour if you want apple but to anise.

single red apple still has anise flavour though. its green apple that does not.
at least thats from my experience.

mizo is the only single apple i have seen with anise. Bahraini Apple is a class all its own and does have anise.

doesnt nakhla OG apple also have anise?

Yes, at least the box and plastic container I have do. Some people say it doesn't, but it does. Mizo does as well. Af single apple has more of a cinnamon flavor. Bahraini (a honey flavor) Apple is a lighter spiced apple with (light anise, cinnamon, honey, apple) and Salloum easily makes the best one.

QUOTE (scratchy @ Nov 22 2009, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Am I the only one that absolutely loves anise? Hell, I bought 250g AFZAL Anise to mix.

BTW, don't try Afzal silver fox or golden amber if you hate anise P

Let me know what you think. I recently got some Afzal Aniseed and found the flavor mild. I would love to find a mega-intense anise but the closest I've found is AF DA.

Personally I don't think Nak DA is as strong a flavor as AF DA. I tried a 50g of AF licorice but I think it was a bad batch--smelled and smoked like vinegar.

QUOTE (NimbleCow @ Nov 22 2009, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (scratchy @ Nov 22 2009, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Am I the only one that absolutely loves anise? Hell, I bought 250g AFZAL Anise to mix.

BTW, don't try Afzal silver fox or golden amber if you hate anise P

Let me know what you think. I recently got some Afzal Aniseed and found the flavor mild. I would love to find a mega-intense anise but the closest I've found is AF DA.

Personally I don't think Nak DA is as strong a flavor as AF DA. I tried a 50g of AF licorice but I think it was a bad batch--smelled and smoked like vinegar.

I found it to be pretty potent. I sprinkle it in, foil it, then let it sit upside down for an hour or so. Flip it over, throw on half a coal for 5 minutes and then put another on. In your face flavour. I just add a little to each bowl when mixing though as it tastes like rubbish 30 minutes in, only downside to Afzal

QUOTE (mushrat @ Nov 11 2009, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (K1024 @ Nov 11 2009, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
its the single stupidest thing ive ever heard of. essentially all companies sell licorice flavor as 2 aMFles flavor.

fuck, if i buy a product with the descriptive qualities of 2 aMFles, it better taste like 2 fucking aMFles.

Oh shit..the MF filter strikes again....

Ha I was like WTF?? LOL

I love AF DA. I was in Dubai all summer and every shisha place smelled like it, it was awesome. I think if you've smoked a lot in the Middle East (in my experience, UAE, Bahrain, Oman, Lebanon, Turkey), you get used to the DA thing and really learn to love it

QUOTE (chinamon @ Nov 11 2009, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (mushrat @ Nov 11 2009, 03:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Stick to Single apple flavour if you want apple but to anise.

single red apple still has anise flavour though. its green apple that does not.
at least thats from my experience.

agreed the red apple one does have the anise flavor to it ... I noticed that after a 50g pack of AF and I was like "what is that flavor" ohmy.gif

then I remembered double apple ....but Eh not a big fan of green apple ... I've had a really good green apple but AF green apple not so much ....

I can now add TN K-Apple and TN Lucid Yellow Apple to my "tried it" column.

Honestly, I taste absolutely no apple in K-Apple. I mixed it with regular TN Apple and all I still got was the Kashmir. I suppose it's just such a dominant flavor and apple is so subtle.

Yellow apple smelle very faintly of anise. It smokes a little better, but still not the flavor I'm after.

The search continues.