1999, 3.5 V6, 84K miles, 4x4
Haven't had any problems with her at all so far, aside from gas mileage

also, BMW's are definitely a bitch on maintenance Edited by demonix

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (FSUReligionMan @ Oct 2 2009, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I got the new battery, new hose thingy, brake fluid flush, new wipers, labor, and a loaner car for a day for 312.12. Still kind of irked but meh. Also got a free car wash and vaccume with service biggrin.gif

im not trying to be harsh, but as a car guy i can tell you that all of that was the dealership taking money out of your pocket for no reason.

edit: went back and read most of the the rest of the thread..

when it comes to import cars, i have to give toyota and honda the crown hands down for reliability.. german cars are great for power and handling, but everyone i know with a 2000 - current BMW has had electrical problems out the ass. i think BMW makes a better quality car than mercedes, but none of my lexus people have issues with their cars like the BMW group has with theirs.. consumer reports consistently shows asian cars in the top of the reliability polls, with some domestics actually starting to challenge for top spots in the past couple years. european cars have been improving but still arent on the level of the far east imports..

im not saying people shouldnt like them, thats totally up to the individual...

wow that sucks. I'm glad i have a toyota those things are tanks. They last for a long time you rarely have to get it repaired. As long as you keep the oil changed you are good. Edited by agstevens

• 2 weeks later...
that was the most insane spam i have ever seen.

w.t.f.

• 2 weeks later...
I could never understand why people buy their parts from the dealership. The dealership charges double to triple of what you can get parts for from a place like Pepboys, just buy the parts yourself and watch a DIY or ask someone how to do it and just do it yourself. Not only would you save a lot but you'd feel better that you did it yourself.

nars: pepboys doesn't carry the BMW brand batteries, and yes I know technically any brand will work but not as long.