The Secret

I didn't finish watching The Secret yet, I had to stop watching it because it was hitting a lot of stuff on the money, so to speak. Basically, for the last 15 years, I've been learning a lot about the world. Things I can't relate to people without them thinking I'm crazy, however I know I'm not.

It goes off the basis of the "law of attraction" which I never held much thought on, however, I've had a firm belief that believing things (reasonable, attainable things, of course) can change or alter a person's reality. In fact, I wrote a 5 page email to my mom about belief, and how if you believe something, good things will result...

It's beyond the whole "god" ideas that most modern religions portray. It's not something they talk about. It's why some people get pushed away (they doubt, thus not believing in order to see result), and some notice "miracles" (those people don't doubt, and know that things will happen the way they want/need them to)...

Why is it so hard to achieve this mindset to alter your life for the better? Each and every thought manifests into reality (so long as you give it a chance to)....if you constantly think negatively, you will find not only are those surrounding you going to be negative, and negative things will happen. This makes it really difficult to think positively and have a belief in things going more like the way you would want them to.

I just wanted to share what I was learning from The Secret, or at least realizing. It's great to see something put to words for that which I had no real firm grip on prior to now. While great things have happened for me when I really believed in them, I stopped spending as much time on it because it scared me to have that much control over reality.

If anyone has any thoughts, feel free to share smile.gif

The Secret is a good view, and it does work but its not easy. Everyone's negative attitudes conflicts with your own, and we are also bombarded with a constant deluge of negativity through our media. All this keeps us down, and make it harder to visualize what you need to. Throughout my life, I have always gotten what I wanted out of it. And I'm not talking like, oh man, I SO want that latest gadget, money, etc. Anything that really mattered to me, such as events working out, finding love, having a family, life direction, etc, have all come to be, as I have given it the most thought over everything else in my life. Now, alot would consider it coincidence, but the ways things have enfolded, along with NUMEROUS signs that are beyond common coincidence, tell me otherwise.

Reality is VERY subject to perception, and it can be molded to how you see fit. People do this everyday without knowing it. But if you are one of those that are able to truly set your mind in motion and want things to happen, they will. We under estimate ourselves too much in life. Think of all that could be accomplished if our minds could be set free.

Ive watched the secret a good 6 times over and over again and im 16 now,
life has its ups and downs and i understand that once i get older life gets harder
so i figured if i get used to it now ill adapt to it in the future it works so remember
what the mind can conceive it can achieve. Edited by mads

QUOTE (mads @ May 23 2009, 06:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ive watched the secret a good 6 times over and over again and im 16 now,
life has its ups and downs and i understand that once i get older life gets harder
so i figured if i get used to it now ill adapt to it in the future it works so remember
what the mind can conceive it can achieve.

16, Your gonna get banned fool

QUOTE (Zinite @ May 23 2009, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's kinda just showing pessimism. I haven't and don't intend to buy/purchase anything. Netflix mailed me a rental dvd of The Secret. Sure it put pennies into those guys pockets, but certainly not much more than that. smile.gif

I think if someone is making a lot of money, they have a lot to share, information wise. Teach a man how to fish.... vs feeding a man fish. There's nothing wrong with thinking in an optimistic mindset, and there's nothing wrong with believing things will happen if you ask, and believe...opportunities will show up. I've missed out on a lot of opportunities in my life because I was too scared or not ready, even when I'd asked and believed.

I've seen, in my own life, manifestations of thoughts. It's gotten to a point where people surrounding me get a bit leery of me.

I'm going to try it out. It certainly won't hurt anything.

smile.gif

btw-I've done a "money" kabbalah candle thing once and it worked for the amount of time and money that it was needed for.

QUOTE (By estelle (USA))
- See all my reviews
I received this unsolicited email today:

"Unlock the Secret to the Healing Codes
Learn how altering your subconscious mind, your misconceptions and your beliefs can dramatically improve your health and change your life."

Dr. Ben Johnson, one of the teachers of "The Secret" will guide you through the missing piece of "The Law of Attraction" that was not shared in "The Secret."

Unless someone is illegally using Dr. Ben Johnson's name, this ad says it all. Why would anyone participate in the making of a dvd purporting to tell you "the secret" and then send out an email telling you that they didn't tell you the REAL secret in the last thing they sold you and that the REAL secret can only be found through purchasing more of the author's materials?

A review from Amazon.com. Says it all. Mysticism and typical American "Magic Bullet" philosophy, there's one cause and one cure for everything. Hokum. There's one good way to become successful, I learned about it my Fraternity. Persistence. Its not the only element, but its one. The upper elite have got everybody sold on this lottery-type thinking about life. The secret is, you are the only source for your success, good decent, honest success, not telemarketing to widows. The sad part is this film is directed at people who need to get off their asses and stop walking around in a daze and its encouraging them to "bend spoons" in the Yuri Gellar sense when they need to pick up the spoon with their own two hands and bend it themselves.

QUOTE (Sonthert @ May 23 2009, 06:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (By estelle (USA))
- See all my reviews
I received this unsolicited email today:

"Unlock the Secret to the Healing Codes
Learn how altering your subconscious mind, your misconceptions and your beliefs can dramatically improve your health and change your life."

Dr. Ben Johnson, one of the teachers of "The Secret" will guide you through the missing piece of "The Law of Attraction" that was not shared in "The Secret."

Unless someone is illegally using Dr. Ben Johnson's name, this ad says it all. Why would anyone participate in the making of a dvd purporting to tell you "the secret" and then send out an email telling you that they didn't tell you the REAL secret in the last thing they sold you and that the REAL secret can only be found through purchasing more of the author's materials?

A review from Amazon.com. Says it all. Mysticism and typical American "Magic Bullet" philosophy, there's one cause and one cure for everything. Hokum. There's one good way to become successful, I learned about it my Fraternity. Persistence. Its not the only element, but its one. The upper elite have got everybody sold on this lottery-type thinking about life. The secret is, you are the only source for your success, good decent, honest success, not telemarketing to widows. The sad part is this film is directed at people who need to get off their asses and stop walking around in a daze and its encouraging them to "bend spoons" in the Yuri Gellar sense when they need to pick up the spoon with their own two hands and bend it themselves.

There's a book that I love by the name of "Talent is Overrated" by Geoff Colvin that deals with the fact that bare talent along with luck, synchronicity, and all those other "breaks" are worthless without hard work, and as you said - persistence. It's more helpful than The Secret will ever be.

'Rani

I think it comes from, with all due respect, Rani, from the mysticism of the modern United States and religious-oriented belief. Our society has changed. It used to be farming-oriented...either something grows crops or it doesn't. Hard, practical. People used to believe to get work done, you had to work. Now they want to believe in getting things without working for them...in this case, orienting your mind correctly makes things happen magically better. Crazy. If you ever survey truly self-made rich people, their answers all fall in a very tight cluster of responses, but practicality, tangibility of value and non-mystical thinking in terms of success are almost universal in these self-made rich people. That is, the complete opposite of what "the Secret" proposes. Similar to Global warming...everyone wants to attribute climate change to one single influence, and in the greatest Greek mystical tradition, blame it on the mistakes of mankind. Not to get too far off topic. Problems are complex, multi-faceted, and without considering the intricacies of a problem or idea, you can't ever hope to accomplish anything positive except through random chance. That is, there isn't one solution to a complex problem, and reducing a complex problem down to a simple problem and/or not evaluating a problem in terms of its complexities will never spell success. That is, you have problems in relationships. You can incorrectly reduce it down to one, single problem and get poor results, then somebody else says its not that one problem its some other problem, so you swallow that and go after that incorrect reduction. Its no fun to tell people, and not very profitable for self-help authors to come out and tell people that they can;t just magically cure their problems, its hard work. So, if you want to continue to fail, believe in superstition, reduce your complex problems to simple, pithy causes and you will continue to fail.

My advice is hard work. Get to it. Its not getting done by trying to define it out of existence.

There's more to this than just the money/job aspects...while I do think that hard work is required to get anywhere in this life, I believe that a lot of stuff isn't just hard work. Meeting what one considers the "right person" for example. If you know the qualities the person you'll marry will have, you can ask for it, believe it, (release that request, though put effort into it, you can't just stay at home and not work toward meeting new people), and then receive it.

I think believing that when you work toward a goal, you'll attain the goal, the goal is much more reachable than working toward it but having 100% pessimism toward the goal.

I think that the universe is too large in scope to tailor to a single human's wants in a mate. There are many many many people all of us are compatible with out there and I don't believe the fates can be swayed to bring them into our lives. It just happens. I've seen my own path converge with people in ways that are too complex to be coincidental, but don't feel I have the power to control that. I do believe in destiny to some degree, but I've seen choices made to force those people apart just the same. We have the power to make choices with what life gives us. We have the power to choose how to handle ourselves and change for the better. I believe that, I just can't think that sending out "vibes" will magnetically draw things that would otherwise not be a part of your life to you, money, people, or otherwise.

Not to devalue the merits of a good positive mindset. That will set you up to accomplish what you want to for sure. I agree with some of the secret stuff in concept but I think it's giving people a sense of grandeur and power beyond what we really can achieve of our own mental and spiritual prowess. Not in total, we have tons of untapped potential and the world is FULL of deep mysteries most of us haven't tapped into or understand, I just don't believe that molding our fate through positive thought is legit. And I've seen and been through some serious supernatural and "psychic" type shit lol.

What I believe is that the secret gives people a sense of control. Which can counteract fear of success, or relationships, or whatever you're looking to achieve. Because of that control bypassing those fears we are opened up to a world of possibilities and success that we would otherwise be sheltered from. The "power" is opening up to the good things that are there for us in this rich-ass easy to live in American world.

I will say this: Go tell anyone in a third world nation (which I have been to) that they just need to "will" food on the table with good "vibes" and have fun being chased out of town while they cry for their starving children rolleyes.gif This isn't a universal concept. It's an American thing, I agree with Sonthert on that one.

is our quick edit fucked up again? It's been less than 5 minutes and I can't edit.....anyhow, essentially a happy medium between the 2 modes of thought is the healthiest approach imo.

QUOTE (Sonthert @ May 25 2009, 05:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think it comes from, with all due respect, Rani, from the mysticism of the modern United States and religious-oriented belief. Our society has changed. It used to be farming-oriented...either something grows crops or it doesn't. Hard, practical. People used to believe to get work done, you had to work. Now they want to believe in getting things without working for them...in this case, orienting your mind correctly makes things happen magically better. Crazy. If you ever survey truly self-made rich people, their answers all fall in a very tight cluster of responses, but practicality, tangibility of value and non-mystical thinking in terms of success are almost universal in these self-made rich people. That is, the complete opposite of what "the Secret" proposes. Similar to Global warming...everyone wants to attribute climate change to one single influence, and in the greatest Greek mystical tradition, blame it on the mistakes of mankind. Not to get too far off topic. Problems are complex, multi-faceted, and without considering the intricacies of a problem or idea, you can't ever hope to accomplish anything positive except through random chance. That is, there isn't one solution to a complex problem, and reducing a complex problem down to a simple problem and/or not evaluating a problem in terms of its complexities will never spell success. That is, you have problems in relationships. You can incorrectly reduce it down to one, single problem and get poor results, then somebody else says its not that one problem its some other problem, so you swallow that and go after that incorrect reduction. Its no fun to tell people, and not very profitable for self-help authors to come out and tell people that they can;t just magically cure their problems, its hard work. So, if you want to continue to fail, believe in superstition, reduce your complex problems to simple, pithy causes and you will continue to fail.

My advice is hard work. Get to it. Its not getting done by trying to define it out of existence.

Interestingly enough, I'm not against mysticism. I think mysticism, fantasy and the rituals that often come with them enrich the human experience. I'm not certain random chance is involved though with things like "The Secret". Changing your mind set more often than not changes your actions. First you formulate the belief that it is going to happen so you kind of unstress about because in your mind it's a "done deal". Removing the stress often removes the lethargy of hopelessness. Then you being moving almost instinctively towards what you've visualized. It's not a magically event, it's visualizing a positive outcome and then moving towards that outcome even though you may not realize you're making the moves yourself. Reach the first level and you can visualize the next, and so forth. I can't remember who, but someone once said the magic of the Law of Attraction is that you are working it on yourself. Your attracting yourself to the motions required to get where you want to go.

'Rani

^ that's part of what I was trying to say, though mine came out rather sloppily smile.gif You let down your defenses and guard, opening up to greater possibilities and subconciously or conciously reaching with a more sustainable effort towards those goals.

For example: I am an emcee, but it wasn't untill earlier this year when I decided, y'know what, screw all these doubts I'm having, I'm a skilled writer and am fairly good at imrov that I decided that yes, I AM an emcee and started to freestyle. It's only been a couple months and I feel I'm already on the cusp of being a force to be reckoned with. Why? Because I moved past the blockage and let the natural progression of the art form take hold. Now I'm running into all sorts of people in the hip hop scene that want to cypher and work together all because I took a few steps to open my path up through positive mind realignment. Maybe not the best example but you get the idea.

QUOTE (Vampy6997 @ May 25 2009, 07:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's more to this than just the money/job aspects...while I do think that hard work is required to get anywhere in this life, I believe that a lot of stuff isn't just hard work. Meeting what one considers the "right person" for example. If you know the qualities the person you'll marry will have, you can ask for it, believe it, (release that request, though put effort into it, you can't just stay at home and not work toward meeting new people), and then receive it.

I think believing that when you work toward a goal, you'll attain the goal, the goal is much more reachable than working toward it but having 100% pessimism toward the goal.

How can you know what qualities the person you'll marry has until you meet them and marry them? If you approach things with preconceived notions, you are more likely to miss opportunities because your mind has biased you against them. The right person for you might be standing next to you, how do you know? I assume most of us have zero experience at finding the right person for us to spend the rest of our lives with...so why approach a complete unknown with biases that might make the successful resolution impossible?

A better question is, assuming you have a set of notions about the what is the right person is for you to marry...what if you're wrong?

QUOTE (Sonthert @ May 26 2009, 07:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Vampy6997 @ May 25 2009, 07:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How can you know what qualities the person you'll marry has until you meet them and marry them? If you approach things with preconceived notions, you are more likely to miss opportunities because your mind has biased you against them. The right person for you might be standing next to you, how do you know? I assume most of us have zero experience at finding the right person for us to spend the rest of our lives with...so why approach a complete unknown with biases that might make the successful resolution impossible?

A better question is, assuming you have a set of notions about the what is the right person is for you to marry...what if you're wrong?

No, these are simple, easily determined qualities...things they'd have no reason to lie about.....ie-either they're musical or they're not...either they like a certain type of game or not....either they like [fill in the blank with whatever] or they do not. Maybe they are successful to a certain degree when I meet them. Maybe they're ready to find someone and start a family. This isn't specific stuff I put on a list, this is just an idea. The list I did come up with had 3 specific matching responses from 3 different guys the next day....without changing anything on my ad on the dating site. That could mean absolutely nothing, but considering I don't even usually get that many replies in a day, I found it interesting enough...Doesn't mean I will marry any of those guys, but just desiring those qualities appears to draw people with those qualities in...without any external change.

What's interesting is that these qualities, those guys volunteered all of them (without my asking)...

When I was younger, my mom had an abusive bf. My sister and I had a fight and I kicked in a hole in the wall...consequently the same location my sister had kicked a hole and it had just been fixed before my visit, so she was freaking out. I had her calm down, sent her to bed after helping me clean around the house. The cleaning involved moving a box that was below the hole. This meant that the hole would be in full view. My mom and her bf got home from the casino boat they worked on and didn't see it all night. They went to sleep a couple hours later, and I'd feel asleep saying mantras of how they won't find it. I fell asleep in my sister's room on the bottom daybed, just to be sure...but they never saw it.

So when the morning came, I woke up and my sister had already been sent to school....holy crap! it worked! And they were both up before me. This is where it gets weird....took me about 1 minutes to get my head around what happened and what didn't happen...my sister was safe, and now I could explain everything--just because I was visiting, didn't mean that things weren't my fault...and finally let go of the request...said "now they can see it" very quietly, and firmly believed they'd see it. I hadn't made any noise, left the bedroom, etc, so they had no idea I was awake yet. Not 30 seconds after I said that, my mom's boyfriend screamed, "What the [effing] [h3ll] is this [bleepity bleep]!?!" Not only that, he went on for 5 minutes about how it had to have been kicked in after they went to bed. I was like...nope, pretty sure I did that last night before I went to bed. He literally argued about *when* for 10 minutes, and then ran out the door freaking out because it made no sense. He was more upset by the idea that it's central location is so obvious, he should've seen it if it'd been there when they got home...All it took from me was believing. My sister didn't get slapped/abused from the incident, though they insisted she be grounded, even though both of us had the same story....I think our entire childhood was made up of, "whoever says it's their fault, it's really the other's fault"...lol

This is what I'm saying about believing things...I'm not even talking about money stuff, that's like icing on the cake. I'm talking about the cake itself. To feel the way I felt while believing that my sister would be safe, that they wouldn't see the hole until the morning, just believing that with every inch of my being was all it took for my sister to be seen off to school w/o any issue.

So yeah, maybe I sound crazy, but my mom's bf at the time thought he was the one going crazy.

Anyways, unless everyone is a liar upfront, it's hard to lie about most qualities in a person such as likes/dislikes/success, etc....certainly some people have lied about those in the world...I don't have to marry a person to find out they have the qualities I want in a person I want to marry. I don't have to marry the first person that has those qualities either. After several very unsuccessful relationships...and one was so close to being a successful one, except he wanted to live in poverty because staying in florida left him in poverty level....instead of moving to his hometown and helping to run a nursery which would've not only quadrupled his income, but given him family to help us raise our kids we would have, as well as given me a job with similar income to his...he was hell bent on staying in florida in poverty, because he liked the heat. In fact, I'd never have a snowday vacation to go skiing, etc, because he hated snow that much. I knew within a couple weeks that he wasn't the one with the qualities I wanted someone I'm marrying to have. He sealed the deal by not telling me the full story on a couple things. However, qualities that can't be seen with the naked eye.....qualities that can't be asked/not asked of a person....those are the qualities I've left to chance. It's impossible to ask for specifics, but I've spent so much time talking to guys, I can generally tell when a guy is going to be an abusive person based on his reaction in argument online...if he all out calls me names because we disagree...that's just precursor, and further, lends nothing to a debate (surprised some guys don't realize this). I don't deal well with a heavy dose of "sit still, smile, and nod. Don't talk. Don't talk about what you know, and don't share what you have learned."....the last time this was a real issue was when a guy's parents said they didn't eat spicy food cuz it leads to ulcers...(lolll....think: H. pylori, not spicy food.).

I don't intend to find someone with what qualities I could list and marry him the next day, thus marrying a stranger. I don't intend to marry a stranger. I hope when I do get married, the guy is anything but a stranger to me. To say I'd know nothing about a person I'd marry...well...if I knew nothing, then either it was a blind date shotgun wedding, an arranged wedding, or.... I don't know...Just saying that I will know nothing about a guy I marry is a bit baffling. Unless I married an outstanding! liar....at which point, it's entirely possible to get an annullment in those situations.

lol...

One other thing: My uterus is heart shaped, so my entire pregnancy was high-risk. I have a broad septum of 2 cm in my uterus, and I worked with my daughter when she was not facing the right way (she was breech at 37 weeks)....I was at risk for early labor, but ended up having her 10 days late! I spent a lot of time believing she would be ok, and she was. I actually shone a flashlight down there so she'd move toward the light. The flashlight bulb burnt out before I saw the doctor to check on whether she was breech still or not (5 months after purchase, which it should've burnt out after 9-12 months)...

The doc was amazed that my daughter switched to the proper position in 3 days, said she had never seen anything like that in her entire time as an ob/gyn...Honestly, I never felt the movement. The doc was surprised about that as well.

I couldn't imagine myself on a bed having 4 people pushing on my stomach, risking to induce labor.

--------

When I was late in my pregnancy, a friend of mine was into Hoodoo (her grandma taught her a lot about it), but not the negative stuff. She insisted I have my daughter on the 14th of that month, so she'd share her own daughter's bday...Then on the 10th she got a call to go to a party she didn't want to go to because she didn't like the guy who invited her (lol)...She told her friend, "Oh, I can't go cuz Stephanie's on her way to hospital having her baby!" Then about 90 min later I called her (as soon as I got to the hospital)...She was like..."Whoa....I just told so and so that I wasn't able to go to his party because you were in labor!"

We figured out the timing, and I had literally went into labor about 5 minutes after she told her friend she wouldn't go because of that.

Interestingly enough, I'm not against mysticism. I think mysticism, fantasy and the rituals that often come with them enrich the human experience. I'm not certain random chance is involved though with things like "The Secret". Changing your mind set more often than not changes your actions. First you formulate the belief that it is going to happen so you kind of unstress about because in your mind it's a "done deal". Removing the stress often removes the lethargy of hopelessness. Then you being moving almost instinctively towards what you've visualized. It's not a magically event, it's visualizing a positive outcome and then moving towards that outcome even though you may not realize you're making the moves yourself. Reach the first level and you can visualize the next, and so forth. I can't remember who, but someone once said the magic of the Law of Attraction is that you are working it on yourself. Your attracting yourself to the motions required to get where you want to go.

'Rani

Couldn't say it better myself. The act of visualization will help you reach your goal, more often in a subconscious manner. By wanting something enough, your subconscious will help influence your conscious mind to meet that goal. But I feel this only takes things so far. There are still too many odd occurrences that I have experienced to rule off as my mind leading me to something, or to rule off as chance.

For example, my wife and I have MANY unexplained occurrences that surrounded or meeting. The first movie we saw with each other was The Fountain. Now if none of you have seen it, pity.. It's an amazing movie.. Now upon watching it for the first time, there were MANY odd things in it, that mirrored events that we did. For example, Hugh Jackman's character, in the future scenes is constantly trying to tatoo a ring in place of his lost wedding ring. Which is odd, since my wife and I had our rings tatooed on. Then what do we see was the lost ring? The exact same ring my wife gave to as an engagement ring. I mean, what are the odds of that? Even upon entering the movie, the automatic ticket machine, spit out 3 tickets, even though I paid for only 2. It was as if there was to be a whole ticket for rememberence.

Now I guess it all depends on how you want to look at it. Sure, I can be logical about it, and chock it all up to random chance, but serioiusly.. What are the fucking odds? If it was just that, maybe, but we had so many different odd happenings like that surrounding us finding each other, I can't ignore it.

I guess it depends on what outlook you want to have in life. I'm relatively pretty logical for most things, but I can't help but feel there is something more than what our logic has come to tell us. At the end of the day, I think that over anayzling things, and applying logic hampers our abilities. Case in point, you take a baby, and put it in a pool. It will swim. Take that same baby, and fast forward a bit, and that same child now cannot. Why? Its whole life its been told its something it has to be taught. In our quest to explain everything, we end up limiting ourselves a bit. Take a look at Asian cultures and some of the things they are able to do. There are monks who are able to channel their energy in ways we can't explain. I forget the video, but there was an interview with a guy who does healing work on people, by channeling his energy and raising the tempature of his hands. Sounds impossible, but they took out a digital infrared thermomether, and confirmed it. Or check out the slow mo vids of people breaking boards, and the boards starting to break before they make contact. This goes against our conventional ideas of thinking, but it still exists.

I cannot help but feel there is a power lying under our reality that is at work. Wether you can feel it, or tap into it, or even believe in it is the question.

QUOTE (ilikemyusername @ May 26 2009, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how come it is that when i "know" i put my keys on the dresser and i go to get them, they're not there?

Can you absolutely prove beyond any doubt that Coyote (the trickster) hasn't moved them, hmmmmmmmmmmmm?

My point is that everyone has beliefs, even disbelief is a belief that something doesn't exist, but none of us absolutely know what is or isn't out there. Some things are just not explained enough through science. Birth for instance. Even scientists say they have no idea what catalyst actually causes cells to split and begin to grown. There's an almost magical X-factor in a lot of things in our world. Will it all be explained in another 1,000 years through science? Or will it always remain magical? No one knows.

'Rani

It's good to see so many people agree on something like this. Of course I knew Rani would, and more power to you for it wink.gif.

It's always been a strong belief of mine that your reality is what you make it. For example, if you think you're having a bad day, you have a bad day. When you feel like everything is going wrong, everything does go wrong.
That's why I do my best to wake up every day and tell myself today is going to be a great day.

Many people consider me to be lucky, not saying everything goes 100% all the time, but if you believe things will work out, go with the flow, and take opportunities that come your way things always work out for the best, even if you have no clue what it is at the time.

A favorite saying of mine is that the person with the strongest belief in their reality, shapes reality.
That's why everyone always has that friend that things go right for, that brightens everyones day when they're around.

I'll come up with some examples of my own when i'm not as tired wink.gif