Nerdy Question Regarding Shisha

Does anyone know about how many liquid oz X grams of shisha will be. I want to know because i'm looking at investing in some air tight containers and wanted to know the smallest size i could get that would hold 50, 100, 125 or 250 grams of shisha. sorry but i'm new and didn't know if this was common knowledge or not. thanks!

QUOTE (shepherdhookah @ Feb 16 2009, 09:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does anyone know about how many liquid oz X grams of shisha will be. I want to know because i'm looking at investing in some air tight containers and wanted to know the smallest size i could get that would hold 50, 100, 125 or 250 grams of shisha. sorry but i'm new and didn't know if this was common knowledge or not. thanks!

A container rated for 2 cups is just enough for 250g.

A container rated for 2 cups is just enough for 250g.

So thats about 1 fl oz per 15.5 grams.

The minimum size requirement would be as follows:
50g --> 3.2oz (1/2 cup)
100g --> 6.5oz
125g --> 8.0oz (1 Cup)
250g --> 16oz (2 cups)

Is this true across the board for all brands?

I hope this helps others like me.

I got some of those containers a few days back that were 500ml and loaded 'em up with 250g shisha without problems. Could prolly add another 100g as well, but I like to have room to properly stir the shisha up.

Sorry about the metric measurements tongue.gif

QUOTE (Hobbs @ Feb 16 2009, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ziplock twist top containers with the tops that actually twist on like a bottle cap as opposed to snap on are pretty much perfect for 250g portions of tobacco.

They're kinda cheap too.. here

plastic is permeable - you lose some moisture over time. Glass or pyrex FTW smile.gif

QUOTE (Hobbs @ Feb 16 2009, 02:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess you're right.. I guess I would also change my methods of storage if I was passing down my sacred shisha stash as a family heirloom biggrin.gif

lol smartass.

I've noticed, though, that shisha I store in tupperware or rubbermaid stuff doesn't stay as moist as that in the glass jars.

• 3 weeks later...
These:

In entrée size they are 3 1/8th cups (25oz, 739ml) they can squeeze 500g of Tangiers and are perfect for 250g.
I like them for Tangiers because they are low profile and keep the juices spread more even.

The same sort of containers by Ziploc are fine too. Polypropylene is superior for the application, both Glad and Ziploc are Polypropylene. Just get whichever one is cheaper (or other similar containers made of polypropylene).

• 5 weeks later...
To answer my own question I found these work the best out of anything i've tried and tested. If your using loose shisha don't take all the air (but yet enough) out and keep it in the corner because it will press the juices out. If you happen to seal loose shisha too much you can work the juices back to the pile. The best way I found with these is too use tins and take the shisha out of the bag it come in, in the tin.