Glass Screens

MNH

Got my glass screen for my jet funnel

The screen isn't flush with the funnel making it hard to use it does heat up well but ash falls in the bowl quite easily and I think it would work better if I could fit the screen inside the bowl instead of it resting on the top of it

Today I got my MNH glass screen today.

Heat distribution is great! Don't have to worry about any ash falling into the bowl. I will use this screen on every bowl now! This thing is better than metal screens or foil. It's a must have for your collection.

20 out of 10...MUST TRY THING....WORTH EVERY FREAKING CENT AND THEN SOME!!!!

Tested one of mine out yesterday with the Jet Phunnel! Works amazing!! Easiest bowl I have ever packed in my life smile.gif

Dump lucid in bowl, set screen, set charcoal, wait 5 minutes, SMOKE!

Im gonna test my larger screen with my superchief and regular tangiers tall head soon!

15/10 - No more foil for me!

Where has this been all my life?!?! Screen is shaped perfectly so coals don't slide off, manages heat perfectly, no ash in the shisha. It doesn't get any better.

20/10.

• 2 weeks later...
As revolutionary as the funnel bowl!!

Setup: Ceramic Tangiers Funnel bowl + 2x 1/3s exoticas

Pros:
- Amazing clouds once screen heats up. The entire screen becomes a heat source, so you get even heat distribution thru the entire bowl.
- No ash in shisha to taint the flavor. Get amazing taste right down to the last few pulls.
- No foil & no holes!

Cons:
- fragile, just be careful with it. It is glass afterall.

Rating: 10/10 Top notch guys! Edited by Webbles

Pros:
Must agree with Nick, Best $10 I ever spent. Mine was lop-sided, but seals well on my Jet bowl. I was kinda scared to put the first coal on, but nothing happend and I didnt know what to expect. Makes cleaning up a breeze. I like that I can look down in the bowl and see how much shisha has burned.

Cons:
I still dont know how to get the burned shisha marks off yet. A $10 piece of glass sitting at the top of a tall hookah that isnt being held down is kind of unsettling, but then there is a seal so it stays put.

Im very Impressed. 9.99/10 Edited by NUBBS

Awesome.

Pros: Easy to use, no ash falling, no need to prepare foil and poke it ever again.
Cons: MAJOR pita to clean. Use it in bowling water with baking soda in it for 5 minutes, then out in WARM water right away (not cold, or youll break it) and scrub the black crap off.

10/10

• 3 weeks later...
Quick question for you guys with the glass screen & jet bowl. My screen doesn't sit flush with the top of the bowl, so the only way it really "sticks" to the bowl is if I load more shisha than normal. Is this just how it's supposed to work? Is the tobacco supposed to be touching the screen, or do you still leave some space, as with foil? Mine wasn't hitting very well until we added more shisha to the bowl. Thanks for the help.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Results in: I love it. Awesome heat distribution. Nice, thick clouds. No coal taste whatsoever. It likes to put the coals out nice and quick, but a flip here and there does the trick.

I have yet to have to clean it since i've been careful about making space between the glass and the tobacco. My scalli is nice and black though haha. I can only imagine the same thing would happen to the screen.

Its a little on the scary side since it just sits on top. I definitely won't be pulling this thing out for parties. Either it will break, or coals will go flying. More for just chilling by myself or with a buddy or two. Once the wind cover goes on its smooth sailing though. Edited by mitchard

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Got my screen not too long ago. I must say, it's definately worth the money...haven't had that really "burnt" taste, heat management is much easier, and no ash gets into the bowl. The only downside that I've noticed so far is that it's hard to clean, in fact I think some of the burnt on stuff will stay there forever.

• 5 months later...
I ordered one of these from MNHookah to use with a small phunnel bowl and scali mod, I can't wait to try them together!

Has anyone tried rubbing a TINY bit of olive oil on a glass scali mod or glass screen to make them easier to clean?

Wondering if the oil will just burn or act as a non-stick layer.....

• 2 weeks later...
I just got two glass screens in from MNH. They are nice but are just the tangiers sized screens so they are a bit big for my bowl. Im still trying to get tangiers to smoke right with the screen. For some reason the packing technique i used that worked flawlessly with foil isnt working so well with the screen. With that said:

Pros: even heat distribution, ease of use, no coal taste in the tobacco (minimal)
Cons: So far i havent gotten tangiers picked right with the screen, it takes a while for the glass to heat, cleaning (not too bad so far)

So far steel wool is my friend. If it needs an extra kick i spray some simple green on it and then scrub with the steel wool. So far i only have two brown spots the size of a pin prick stained on the glass. So i guess im having a lot of sucess in the cleaning department.

I just received my glass screen and "scali" mod from MNH today and I love it! Used them both with my small Tangiers phunnel bowl and noticed a huge difference.

The setup:

1 small Tangiers Phunnel
1 MNH Glass Screen
1 MNH Scali Mod
1 Tangiers sized wind cover from HokahJohn
Golden Layalina Honeyberry

Usually on my small bowl I use 3 coco nara's without the windscreen. Today because I added the wind cover and anticipating a difference with the glass screen, I started with only 2 coco nara's. Things heated up pretty quickly and I was soon down to only 1 coco nara split in half.

It worked perfectly, I'm excited to use it again tomorrow.

Right now I have the glass screen and mod sitting in a tub of tonic water....wonder if that will help keep them clean.

• 3 months later...
i know this is slight off topic, but it goes with glass... i saw this hookah online, its ALL glass, i was wondering if anyone has tried it? also do you think it will run into the same problems as the glass screen? - gets dirty and hard to clean? http://bt.robustcommerce.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2

Soes anybody have any pics of this "glass screen?" I'm thinking of getting one because I really don't want to deal with foil, and anything that's good at transferring heat to the shisha, then I'm all for it.

[quote name='thatonethere' date='15 December 2009 - 12:58 AM' timestamp='1260863910' post='439150']
Soes anybody have any pics of this "glass screen?" I'm thinking of getting one because I really don't want to deal with foil, and anything that's good at transferring heat to the shisha, then I'm all for it.
[/quote]

[img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/scratch_one-s_head.gif[/img]Did you even LOOK at the thread before replying? [img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/774_smiley_getting_kicked_in_the_balls.gif[/img]

[quote name='Stuie' date='04 August 2008 - 09:17 PM' timestamp='1217909831' post='281633']
Today I got my MNH glass screen today.

[img]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm126/tunes4x/DSC02906.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm126/tunes4x/DSC02909.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm126/tunes4x/DSC02910.jpg[/img]

Heat distribution is great! Don't have to worry about any ash falling into the bowl. I will use this screen on every bowl now! This thing is better than metal screens or foil. It's a must have for your collection.

20 out of 10...MUST TRY THING....WORTH EVERY FREAKING CENT AND THEN SOME!!!!
[/quote]

I have one they work ok but i didnt like scrubbing to keep it clean and it used a lot more coal then foil. Overall Foil>Glass screens

[quote name='cotsi95' date='15 December 2009 - 01:24 AM' timestamp='1260865466' post='439156']
[quote name='thatonethere' date='15 December 2009 - 12:58 AM' timestamp='1260863910' post='439150']
[/quote]

[img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/scratch_one-s_head.gif[/img]Did you even LOOK at the thread before replying? [img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/774_smiley_getting_kicked_in_the_balls.gif[/img]

I did, but I can't see any pics. That's why I thought there wasn't any.

• 2 years later...