Smoking In The House

I don't smoke cigarettes but when you walk into someones house that smoke inside you can tell right away by the smell. Does smoking shisha have the same effect, will the house smell like smoke if I was to smoke inside?

Yes and no.

The burnt tobacco and resulting smoke will linger for a few minutes, but since it's very light partials, the smell dissipates quickly. However any type of coals will leave a lingering stench in your room. Even my coco naras and electric stove will cause a stink that overpowers the smell of the tobacco.

My tip would be to light the coals outside (once they're lit completely even quick lights shouldn't give off much odor) then enjoy your smoke inside. When you're done just open a window and you're good to go!

The hookah smell DOES NOT STICK like cigarette smells.

I live in a house with two people, and we have an agreement not to smoke cigarettes in the house because the smell lingers and is not agreeable to everyone. I think that a cigarette smelling house even smells bad to smokers. One housemate smokes regularly, but he does it on the patio. I quit two months ago.

However, I smoke the hookah in the house every day, and it doesn't seem to bother the housemates. costumed-smiley-091.gif

I have two little ones so i smoke at night mostly and i don't think they've ever noticed a smell and they notice everything. Although on the rare occasion I have smoked around them my 4 yr. old mimicks me and takes in breaths every time I inhale. Cute or irrisponsible? Maybe both smile.gif

"Not till your 18!!!"

QUOTE (patio87 @ Jul 21 2008, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't smoke cigarettes but when you walk into someones house that smoke inside you can tell right away by the smell. Does smoking shisha have the same effect, will the house smell like smoke if I was to smoke inside?

yeah it will especially when there's 3 hookahs going at once and if the coals get lit inside and theres no AC

I have to smoke outside of my house for two reasons.. parents dont like me smoking in the house, and I have an 11 month old sister, whos rooms is just across from mine. Yes, I have smoked once or twice in my room at night, and they didn't notice anything that night or the next day. Like others said, it will smell, but only during smoking and a short period afterward. The smell does not linger like cigarettes.

It's only anecdotal.

All my daughters suffer from asthma to one level or another, my wife hates the smell/taste of cigarettes. It [Nargile] does not appear to have a negative affect of any of them the few times that I smoke around them.

I have been smoking in this house since APril 07. Until recently (June) I had been smoking every night, average of 1 & 1/2 bowls or 3hrs of smoking. There is no discolouration of walls, Pipes, ceiling or furniture.

We washed and treated out leather sofa's on Friday just gone and I could not detect any discolouration on that either. You can see from various photo's I've attached where I smoke, and this is pretty much my smoking position.

So I believe there is a vast difference betwixt Cigarette smoke and Nargile smoke.

JD

When I smoke my hookah in my room,the smell of the shisha will stay there for about an hour or so...But I don't always open windows...You should be fine if you leave a couple windows open and put on a fan if you can.

My friends house doesn't smell like hookah and there is always anywhere from 1-2 hookahs being smoked all day.

When we went to scoops house for the meet it was a different story. But tjqtw just because we were smoking 5 hookahs in one room. biggrin.gif

Yea we have a designated smoking room in my house and I have smoked in it plenty of times without the windows open and the smell goes away after at most a day unless you have a ridiculous number of hookahs going. Even the smell of coals will go away after a couple days so I wouldn't worry about the smell sticking around at all.

QUOTE (giant ninja robot @ Jul 21 2008, 10:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have two little ones so i smoke at night mostly and i don't think they've ever noticed a smell and they notice everything. Although on the rare occasion I have smoked around them my 4 yr. old mimicks me and takes in breaths every time I inhale. Cute or irrisponsible? Maybe both smile.gif

"Not till your 18!!!"

hahaha, my goddaughter does teh same thing, she tells me to blow it out my nose and make dragon noises...she want's to smoke it. She called her mom's hookah, Stuie for a long time...how sad is THAT!

back to the OP.

It smells for a while but just like whatever you smoked, unless you drop a coal then it smells like burnt carpet for a day or two.

Smoked indoors for seven years. It's all good. I'd be more worried about a coal mishap than the smell of the hookah. The area will smell like the flavor you are smoking for about an hour or so. If you have a ceiling or floor fan it will wisk the smell away.

This depends on the people living on the house. My dad does not mind, my mom does, and both of them smoke cigs, and dad smokes hookah. The smell will linger a little. Just keep your door closed when smoking.