Exotica Coals From Hookahcompany Have White Spots?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So in terms of my health is there any risk in using these coals even if they have only a little bit of mildew on them? When I heat them up doesn't the heat kill off the mold anyways or is there still a risk in smoking these? I understand that they may not heat up and smoke as well as they should but is there any actual risk to my health?

QUOTE (Raziel510 @ Feb 25 2008, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
anybody? I dont mind smoking them if they're less than perfect but I don't wanna put my health in danger...

...well at least more than it already is.

lets put it this way...theres a reason why houses with mold/mildew are evacd and masked off.
its for the airborne particles. I would say jsut dont.

I think I am gonna just dump the exoticas I have now. I can really tell a huge difference when using the exoitcas now compared to coconaras. I like the coconaras much better. You get a great taste from the tobacco with them. I ordered two more boxes and some Japanese coals.

I almost feel sorry for exotica, yet I feel angered by them as well.
having never even tried them, the problems arising from their constant bad batches has left a rather...moldy taste on my tounge...pun intended but seriously Im not buying them now because of these issues. So not only are they losing me as a revenue (and half the members of the board) but also as a customer...coco nara is what its about right now to me.
Well...I guess it was good while it lasted...
As long as I get me Hookah.gif

QUOTE (chromecarz00 @ Feb 26 2008, 01:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I almost feel sorry for exotica

Fuck that... Feel bad for all the people here every day who get to read a new "shitty exoticas" thread every two day. I for one am tired of hearing about it. I've said it before and I will once more here.. At this point its your fault. DONT BUY EXOTICAS UNLESS ITS AT A SHOP WHERE YOU CAN OPEN THE BOX AND INSPECT THEM.

I propose a 2 day ban for the next thread about how much their box of exoticas sucks. Or lets just start a big bash thread everyone can post in that way I wont be compelled to read new posts.

/Rant off.. My appologies but I needed to vent that.

QUOTE (gaia.plateau @ Feb 26 2008, 12:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just ordered 9 kilos of Coconaras... Snoopy I hope you're right wink.gif

Oh boy, I am in the spot light now....You will like them a lot. I have got the best flavor from the tobacco by far with these coals.

Even if you can inspect the exoticas only buy what you are going to use. I bought a bunch to stock up and they are turning bad, that is no doubt. They are still usable, but I do not like the taste from them.

HC sent me a package which included the Exoticas last week. They aren't even here yet, and already I regret the buy sad.gif

Oh well, just ordered 5 kilos of Cocobrico Coconut Charcoal from shisha-world.

Edit: kinda also want to order these, just because of the fantastic product name and item information. Edited by Cinemarxism

Nope, they don't ship to the US. As a matter of fact, before check out one has to check a box saying that you do not live in the US.

About the coal with the funky product name: dunno what the deal is. I doubt that the translation of the arabic writing says "fdsfsddsfdfsd".

its not mold.. mold doesnt grow that way, its amazing how one person states its mold instead of the stuff that makes it harder and everyone jumps on the bandwagon and agrees.. can you all say BAHH?

QUOTE (Canon @ Feb 26 2008, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
its not mold.. mold doesnt grow that way, its amazing how one person states its mold instead of the stuff that makes it harder and everyone jumps on the bandwagon and agrees.. can you all say BAHH?

It's mildew? And maybe rather you could add something to show mildew and/or mold does not grow on coal. Oggie looked at it under a microscope and said it was mildew/mold.

Mushrat has suggested mold will grow on the 'binder'.

Just think it might be usefull if you have something that shows it's impossible for mold to grow on coal.

JD

Charcoal is in fact used to ABSORB Moisture in Humid environments. SO of course it has moisture, and Mold and mildew both like Moisture...

DOes it honestly matter what it is? I have a "good" batch of Exoticas, they burn fine (still have a terrible CO smell though) and ash just fine. I was using Jap pieces on one bowl with this Kid who has never hookah'd for real before (by "for Real" i mean with me, i'm the best on the wasatch front). I changed it to Exoticas cause i ran out of Japs Mid-Bowl. He goes "WOW, i can really taste the coal."

He's never smoked with Naturals before, so he thought this was normal becasaue he's a smart kid and he reasoned it out and assumed they were suppose to have an "earthy, Natural taste". Right there, that said something to me. I will be willing to try one of the new Batches, but i hope to get a sample to prove them to me. But for now My Exptica days are done. Golden QL are for me as of now.

QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Feb 26 2008, 11:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Canon @ Feb 26 2008, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's mildew? And maybe rather you could add something to show mildew and/or mold does not grow on coal. Oggie looked at it under a microscope and said it was mildew/mold.

Mushrat has suggested mold will grow on the 'binder'.

Just think it might be usefull if you have something that shows it's impossible for mold to grow on coal.

JD

dont worry im testing it, i live in georgia and my room temperature is perfect for mold growth, i took a few peices of exoticas and put it into glass tupperware with a little bit of water. if there is mold spores on the exotica (which for mold growth to occur on exoticas there have to be spores) then in at least a day i should be seeing white stuff on these coals.

as for the quality of exoticas compared to other coals, im not testing that.. im just saying that its not mold. Edited by Canon