I Want To Buy A New Pipe And It's Af Vs Km

if anybody has tried either the AF pipe they have advertized or a KM preferably the Mash'al or the Hafa then let me know what you guys think. I've been doing some reading for a while and am really considering a KM but the AF looks and sounds really good, especially for the price...anything would be helpful, it's quite an investment

regards,
antoine

I have not smoked out of either one, but I guarantee the KM will be a good choice. I think we have owners and soon to be owners of the Hookahs you mentioned. I may cave in to the Mash'al too. It is a beautiful Hookah.

My Red Pear KM is a very excellent Hookah.

Also I have read there are some issues with the AF with seal problems.

i have an AF, great hookah, and in my opinion its alot nicer looking than the kms.

the problem snoop mentions can easily be fixed with electrical tape.

either hookah will be a great choice tho imo. Edited by clickhea

quick question about the AF i have had. i plan on getting one sometime...

is the stem one pipe all the way through with the design stuff around it or is it like a mya where there are little nooks and crannies when shit can build up?

i love the look of the AF and sealing problems that are grommet related are no big deal, its the other kind u gotta watch for.

QUOTE (EternalSoil @ Feb 17 2008, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
mmm, i might have to get it sooner than i thought! so easiest cleaning in the world right!! no rough shit to catch flavors eh?

naw. but it IS incredibly long. gotta clean from both sides

the problem with hte sealing is they just use shitty silicone grommets. its a 1-time fix just wrap it with some electical tape and its done.

QUOTE (EternalSoil @ Feb 17 2008, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i like it long safe!

I was in te same boat decideing between an AF or KM, the reason I did not ge tthe AF is because of everyone talking about the downstem being a bit short. Now if AF changes this and makes it longer I will def get one, I think they look awsome

i want to thank everyone for all the input

yeah the shiny finish of the AF looks amazing, although the 2 trays is neat and adds character and uniqueness, it also seems like overkill and kinda useless...i don't think the downstem issue will be a problem for me. i mean i watched the KM video and doing some reading here that seems to be the general consensus that a KM will provide enough smoke that it might create its own weather system, which is quite attractive...i'm still waiting on someone to talk about hearing thunder or hearing lightening after a session with a KM

the reason that i'm having such a hard time choosing...
the AF:
will apparently glow like the north star with that amazingly bright finish
apparently this bad boy is built very well and is sturdy
it seems to smoke very well
for all of this and the price, well that's a damn good deal

the KM:
the ice chamber on the mash'al is a feature that none of my current pipes have, and everwhere i read people love having the extra ice and its benefits
also the amazing clouds i mentioned above are something which is completely out of control, and i like that
the price isn't that bad considering the KM apparently rivals most tanks in construction quality

is there anything else that i'm not taking into consideration? Edited by antouwan

Trust me Antouwan, you can't beat a good KM with a Nammor hose. I have never, ever had a hookah setup with such easy and unrestricted airflow. Its like you're breathing air, but with massive clouds of smoke. I currently have a KM Amer, which I haven't seen in any online stores in a while. Not sure about the Mash'al though, haven't read any reviews about it. While I have used the Al Fakher once before (and it is a good pipe) I have learnt that the function and airflow of a hookah are much more important than appearance or glitz. Since using my KM with the Nammor hose, I have never gone back to any of my old hookahs.
That's my two cents.
Good Luck smile.gif

aesthetically, i'd choose the AF over a KM any day. I'm not sure how the learning curve is or if there is any tweaking you gotta do for a KM, but on my AF if im feeling like a lazy shit i can just throw on my cheap shallow egyptian bowl and 2 QL's and it still smokes like mad. Im not sure how this compares to KM.

a major downside is that the downstem IS a little short, but its not too short so it doesnt really matter to me.

Have not smoked the AF Argeeleh before.

Don't want to sound ignorant, but, I will stick with my KMs knowing hos Godly they are.

AF has like what, very little experience in making Hookahs, KM has been doing this for a very long time now.. Edited by Codename067

amount of time amounts to nothing in this world. ill give it to you, KM's smoke like a charm, and I wish I had the money to buy one, but time is no measure of quality.

i mean, cmon. England ruled the world for like what, a couple hundred freaking years? And us newb americans managed to take them down...

true that codename, BUT i mean there are quite a lot of very experienced people who work at AF who know what to look for and what quality is. I mean the AF pipe seams high quality but i think in the end i'm gonna go with the KM mash'al, it seems like a great arguileh.

should i order soon, or will they be hanging out at HC for a while?

QUOTE (Codename067 @ Feb 18 2008, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have not smoked the AF Argeeleh before.

Don't want to sound ignorant, but, I will stick with my KMs knowing hos Godly they are.

AF has like what, very little experience in making Hookahs, KM has been doing this for a very long time now..

I'm going to have to agree with Codename067. I have a AF, its a really good smoke once you get the grommet sorted, but I dont know why everyone's going on about the finish? Maybe AF just bummed me, but the manufacturing quality on my AF is *FAR* from great! Infact, if I walked into a shop and saw my hookah with all the pitts on the stem and bubbles in the base - I wouldn't buy it! I'd walk right by. Maybe it's just my hookah which looks crappy, but I suspect other ppl must have the same issue.

While with KM's. . . well I've never smoked a KM. I've seen some in a shop and 've seen Canons KM on Youtube and a whole lot of close up pics of other ppl's KM's and everytime the KM looks almost flawless!

Seriously, buy the AF if you can't afford a KM - its not a bad smoke. But if you want it to be defect free. I suggest you email AF before hand, tell them you want a hookah with NO bubbles in the base, and NO pits/scratches/holes/obvious manufacturing defects on the stem. And tell them that you'll check the hookah +before+ accepting delivery and wont hesitate to refuse delivery if they send you a bummed one!

I dont know what AF's response will be - probably wont reply to your email!! ohmy.gif