Tom Cococha Coconut Coals

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep these are great coals, been smoking for +1.5 hours, and now they're almost out. And if it can comfort you guys, If we Europeans want some good shisha other than nakhla, we still have to order from the US and pay a shitload on shipping costs. Going to order 1.9 kilos of shisha and some accesories with mnhookah tomorrow, for a total of $172, shipping costs are $57...

• 3 months later...
These coals are wicccccccccccked

Ive used Toms cococha, there like 1 inch cube. look big but do the trick. i used two on a small phunnel bowl. Have to make sure they are fully lit, or else heat intensity becomes an issue. I smoke Al fakher and have found heat management much better on these. They heat little less in my opinion compare to coconaras, (for me which is a good thing, it dont burn my shisha) but due to the shear size, they burn longer. These coals are great and im just going to mass order these next time. Beats coconaras on price

QUOTE (Balthazar @ Dec 10 2008, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (4d1ct3d @ Dec 9 2008, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Balthazar @ Dec 9 2008, 11:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I prefer these over both the Coco Naras and John's coconut coals. Best coals I've ever used, to bad I don't have a proper way of lighting them anymore. Friggin hot-plate turns itself off before I get any coconut coals fully lit, so I'm actually thinking of buying a second hotplate and transfer the coals over to it as soon as the first one turns itself off. Anyways, these coals are fantastic: no smell, no taste, lasts for longer than any other coals I've tried and barely ashes. The only hookah-related product I buy from Europe.

lol that's insane! have you seen this:

Kohleanzünder

You can find it in www.shisha-net.de

It's actually a bit expensive, 30€, but it's a spiral hotplate, so you should have no problem to light your coals. I'm going to buy one for sure, as soon as I have the money laugh.gif

I'll admit that I don't know the first thing about that thing, and that it looks like a beast tongue.gif . But damn, I want it. Could you put up a review when you get it? Finally a good heating alternative for the EU people.

Hey Balthazar I just tryed the Kohleanzünder and it is just grat smile.gif It lites a cococha coal in 5-7 min, which is the time I take to pack the bowl and do the setup. You should definitly mail them asking to make an exception for you and ship it to Norway.

Highly recomend the product to any European havinf troubles to lite natural coals as I was.

btw i am not smoking them until i am 99% sure they are the same thing as regular cocos then ill smoke a few to make sure that 99% turns into 100% I am probably being the biggest idiot in the world by doing this please if you plan on trying this too wait until I try it so we know there safe.

the manufacturing process reads almost word for word with the manufacturing process of regular cocos.

QUOTE (4d1ct3d @ Apr 3 2009, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Balthazar I just tryed the Kohleanzünder and it is just grat smile.gif It lites a cococha coal in 5-7 min, which is the time I take to pack the bowl and do the setup. You should definitly mail them asking to make an exception for you and ship it to Norway.

Highly recomend the product to any European havinf troubles to lite natural coals as I was.

Thanks smile.gif.As a matter of fact I ended up buying it myself, two months ago. The shop-owner was kind enough to ship to Norway.

And I have to agree, it really works great. No more lighting a coal only like 70%, no more spending 15 minutes to get it going. A great buy, anyone from Europe without any good heating alternative should invest in one.

Dude, 7 lb for 12.99?!?!

YOU MUST review these in their own topic when you get em in man.

Could be very exciting news if they work up to standard.

those are gonna suck methinks. ive tried some coconut coal that was in that shape and i thought they were the absolute worst.

maybe theyll end up being good...would be good if they were heh

the site has pictures of what they look like, go back to it and you can see that they're precut donuts, with a smooth outer diameter, not a ridged one like that picture. Similar to what you described nours as, being more cylindrical.

QUOTE (giant ninja robot @ Apr 3 2009, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the site has pictures of what they look like, go back to it and you can see that they're precut donuts, with a smooth outer diameter, not a ridged one like that picture. Similar to what you described nours as, being more cylindrical.

yeah i checked the site out, and they do look like pretty good. and because they`re safe enough to prepare food with, they`ll probably be suitable for use with hookahs.

but we`ll have to wait for charley on the final verdict.

well he said that he was going to order them today at around 5 this morning...so i think it's going to take him a little while to get them in and then to smoke with them...

It will be a few days before I get them. I orderd them around 5 or 6 last night and I only shipping they offerd was ups ground so it will be about a week or so before i get them.

like I said please please do not try them until I make sure they are safe.

oh and shisha fan MatchLite and Kingsford are both safe to cook with too dosent meen there safe to smoke with. I dont know if these are safe enough to smoke with ethier so for everyones sake wait until I give them a thumbs up.