So I Just Tried My Exoticas From...

QUOTE (ZenSilk @ Jan 14 2008, 11:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (gaia.plateau @ Jan 14 2008, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, $6/box, $6/shipping. From H-S I pay $10/box shipping.

Wow.... for real? I just did a quick Calc. for shipping:
8.26 UPS
9.10 USPS

Damn.. you get a good deal. smile.gif

Some vendors lower item prices and raise shipping costs to make the item look cheaper, and some do it vice-versa to look like they have cheaper shipping. I would say its company preference.

I also did business with the same vendor and he charged my friends card twice and denied it.

QUOTE (ZenSilk @ Jan 14 2008, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (gaia.plateau @ Jan 14 2008, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, $6/box, $6/shipping. From H-S I pay $10/box shipping.

Wow.... for real? I just did a quick Calc. for shipping:
8.26 UPS
9.10 USPS

Damn.. you get a good deal. smile.gif

Except that it was a scam and I was ripped off $70...?

QUOTE (waterboi @ Jan 14 2008, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That isnt good. Have you contacted the vendor? Maybe they can make it right.

Chatted pleasantly back and forth with the gentleman for a while... he laughed at me, claimed that I was "following the pack" over here, and "could only conclude" that mischievous customs agents opened the package and put water in it. I swear to god, I couldn't make this up if I tried. He went on to suggest that since it was the fault of these customs agents, I should hold them responsible instead of him, and file a complaint to customs to get my money back.

wink.gif

This is the package they were sent in, by the way. Yes, that is the rooster from that Vietnamese hotsauce.

I just hope this doesn't happen to anyone else. Learn from my mistake.

Edit: I was actually considering buying a pipe from them this summer... so in a way it was lucky that I only lost $70 in "coals", instead of $150 in a "pipe". Edited by gaia.plateau

QUOTE (mushrat @ Jan 14 2008, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (EvansLight @ Jan 15 2008, 12:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
See i have 4 trusted vendors, and unless i have to, i dont tend to move outside of those 5. Serves me well biggrin.gif

Must be the pain meds...anyoen else see soemthing odd about this post? laugh.gif

ya, its giving me a headache trying to do the math tongue.gif laugh.gif

We are not dumping on anyone here. There seems to be a problem, and I think no one wants to admit there are some bad coals out there. Maybe this problem is more from on how they get shipped back from China. Overseas transports take a toll on ANY product that is shipped this way. Nobody is doubting that exoticas are damn fine coals. None of this will stop me from buying them. Any company will have its ups and downs, and I will stand by exoticas. Like I said in a previous post is this thread, did the whole container get called back? Anything that was in that container would be screwed if it showed that it got wet or not. The amount of moisture that got in that container would ruin the coals.

I am going to take a couple of the coals I have that are good, put them in their box and in the same plastic that comes with them and put them on my balcony. This will be a more harsh environment then the shipping from anywhere in the US to WI and I would like to see what happens to the coals.

My worthless .02

Oh yeah I forgot, I love that sauce smile.gif I call it rooster sauce since I cant read Chinese sleep.gif

QUOTE (The Devils Playground @ Jan 15 2008, 10:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will not say everyone but I will say theres a few that seem to be dumping and here we go again.

I am Neil. He's a shit bag for even trying to blame customs agents for 'putting water on the coals'

That is called treating your customer like a wanker. Around my parts people lose kneecaps for less.

JD

QUOTE (Snoopy1966 @ Jan 15 2008, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We are not dumping on anyone here. There seems to be a problem, and I think no one wants to admit there are some bad coals out there. Maybe this problem is more from on how they get shipped back from China. Overseas transports take a toll on ANY product that is shipped this way. Nobody is doubting that exoticas are damn fine coals. None of this will stop me from buying them. Any company will have its ups and downs, and I will stand by exoticas. Like I said in a previous post is this thread, did the whole container get called back? Anything that was in that container would be screwed if it showed that it got wet or not. The amount of moisture that got in that container would ruin the coals.

I am going to take a couple of the coals I have that are good, put them in their box and in the same plastic that comes with them and put them on my balcony. This will be a more harsh environment then the shipping from anywhere in the US to WI and I would like to see what happens to the coals.

My worthless .02

Oh yeah I forgot, I love that sauce smile.gif I call it rooster sauce since I cant read Chinese sleep.gif

He may have meant dumping as in a vendor dumping the coals on the market.

Even though I spent probably more than ANY of you for 8 CASES shipped from cali to nc, I still stand by the coals as well. The new ones are good as ever, I just dread that i have to go back to the crappy ones soon .

*sigh* Modern education I guess.

Thank you Mush for explaing to everyone what I was refering to. I can not prove it but I am sure theres at least 1 vendor thats not permitted here that has these coals since his site is not getting that much traffic. I am sure he got some bad batches and I am sure

[b]
HE IS DUMPING THE COALS!!!![/b]

On the unsuspecting market. Gabe and I talked about this. Gabe said he replaced all the coals. Well as sad as this is to type. If you have say 36 boxes of bad coals (3 cases) and you are sent another 36 boxes to replace them but keep the coals around and get in a bind because you dropped your prices below minimum prices then you may get desperate and sell the old coals that you have laying around knowing that they will get replaced by Gabe anyways. In the Vendors mind this is a win win situation. the vendor gets to more than double his profit and the customer gets new coals free of charge and may be able to salvage some coals.

In reality this is a lose lose situation. The customer loses patience with the product (Gabe loses a customer) the dumb ass Vendor gets exposed for being shaddy, and loses many customers, and the poor customer in the middle has to wait to smoke his hookah properly and gets stuck using the bad coals or buying another brand from his local shop while he waits for replacements from LA or Vegas.

Its 3:14 I would ramble on about this for the next 20 minutes but I have to hit the gym.

Thanks, Neal

Oh and for the record I do not point out people here for bashing on products. I am the defender guy not the basher in public guy. So when you see something that looks like I am bashing reread it again and again until it looks to you like I am saying something Positive. Believe me I would love to post the particular vendor as we like to call the shops/ on line businesses here but thats not my style. I do it openly in chat. lol

QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Jan 15 2008, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (The Devils Playground @ Jan 15 2008, 10:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will not say everyone but I will say theres a few that seem to be dumping and here we go again.

I am Neil. He's a shit bag for even trying to blame customs agents for 'putting water on the coals'

That is called treating your customer like a wanker. Around my parts people lose kneecaps for less.

JD

not the kneecaps!!!! haha

but yea i basically agree 100 percent with this post