Overweightness/obseity

I'm an overweight person. I'm 5'11" and about 260. I've been bigger since i was about 3. I've dropped quite a few pounds the last couple of years (at one point I was close to 320 pounds). I don't go out of my way to work out, because my job is an 8 hour workout everyday. I've honestly just cut out fast food. I went to the doctor last week, and while i haven't lost any weight in about a year, my body fat percentage continues to drop. He says even though I'm "overweight" I am otherwise normal and healthy, no signs of diabetes or anything like that.

I guess what im trying to say is if your overweight, you can work on it, but it's hard work.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was 18 I was 6 feet and 200 lbs. Not bad, I had a little bit of belly. That August I started a job with FedEx as a materials handler. The hustle of that job helped me drop 20lbs in 2 months. Most of that weight came off in the first 3 weeks. I maintained that weight (roughly 184 give or take) until about a year ago. Now that I've settled down into a maintenance position, I'm 189. Still in really good shape, just not quite as conditioned as I was before.

My point? If you're a college student and want to drop a few pounds while making roughly 10 dollars an hour, get a job at your local FedEx hub or terminal. Hard work? Oh yea, but if you maintain a good diet and attitude while protecting your back and joints, you'll be 1. healthier, 2. in a better overall mood, and 3. be making a decent salary while getting in shape. And as a bonus there are plenty of places to move up to once you do get your degree.