Hookah Bliss Part 2

Yo mush i need some pointers on the hookah bar i'm trying to open one too in my country. Peace smile.gif

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (mushrat @ Jun 4 2007, 07:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you are local, come on in, the first one's on me!

Congrats Mushy. Glad your making the green and making a successfull business.

On another note :- Is the above figurativly speaking or actually..on you tongue.gif

JD

Man, I gotta try to convince the BF that the drive is worth it... He's from Elizabeth City and when I told him where your shop was his eyes bugged. What's a 3 hour drive umoung friends? LOL - working on trying to get down there and visit ya Mush! Good luck!

Lazria: could always plan a trip to the beach and stop on in on your way by... cool.gif

Thanks folks for all the support....now if I can get to the point whrere i can hire a little part time help I'll be a happy camper. These hours are killing me. Have a cold even as we speak...*sigh*

Oh well, I'm still havin fun....

i wish there was a cool hookah bar around here. the closest one to me is filled with young punks. there is another one downtown but its a little too classy for me. another place in mississauga but i dont know anyone there. if i had the money i would make the drive to mushy's place.

congrats on the business venture, mushy!

• 3 weeks later...
Hahahaha. Christian Pipe Smokers.

I've never owned a Christian Pipe. What would it look like? In the shape of a cross? Does it double as an incense burner? Does it vote Republican only?

I may be on to something here...

All this is tongue in cheek, of course, since I am a Christian, too. Who also smokes pipes.

I have not been around for a while.. But the "Hookah Bliss" place is awsome ..

I dream about having a place like that here ...

God damn the smoking laws here.. We cannot legally even smoke anywhere now, except in your house. angry.gif

• 2 weeks later...
So it looks like I'll be expanding my Starbuzz...
From the reviews it looks like x-on the beach,vanilla, blueberry, and irish cream seem to have favorable reviews. Any Other suggestions?

Oh, and I've added some more god pictures to the Myspace....hope to get thm up on the web site soon.... Edited by mushrat

Looks nice my man! I used to run around on Franklin St. alot before moving to DC. I know some grad students still in Chapel Thrill. Whenever I make it down that way again I'll be sure to stop in.

Starbuzz? Guava!

Marlette
Cantaloupe (actually tastes like the fruit)

When I go to a hookah bar, I usually pick flavors I don't have or have not tried (just not the far out flavors like coca-cola). So I choose things like pineapple, choco-mint, cantaloupe, mango.

The Marlette seemed to have mixed reviews....so I'm not so sure about that one. Guava is a possibility.

I'm also getting a 21 flavour sampler of AF, which includes 2 of their new flavours, see how those are...The two new ones are the cinnamon and Dairy...I'll let you know how it turns out...

• 4 weeks later...
Quick update, apparently we had a breakdown in communication, Dairy was Berry.

I now have Tangiers in the house, got it yesterday afternoon and sold several heads jsut because people had been waiting for it to come in and asked me if it was here yet. I have to ctually add it to the menu today. I'm packing it in small phunnels, no mods, and its working like a charm.

Had to throw a drunk out last night, had the cops tresspass him. Why do I only seem to have problems with the over 40 crowd... dry.gif

The students return from Summer break in about a week and a half, then we see how fast mushrat can run.

I've also hired 2 part tiem employees to help during the Friday and saturday night rushes. Looking or someone for Thursdays as well...

All in all things are going great, I'm in the black after less than 3 months and I'm aparently getting a good rep in several of the neighboring towns as well...

If you are thinking about trying this, DON'T. If you do anyways, do it right and you'll have the time of your life... cool.gif

QUOTE (mushrat @ Aug 4 2007, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you are thinking about trying this, DON'T. If you do anyways, do it right and you'll have the time of your life... cool.gif

im talking to a business partner right now about a lounge up here in NOVA... biggrin.gif

next time i am in NC i will be hitting up your bar, mush.