Vortex Bowl

I would think it would be easy for those 3 holes to get clogged. Would make more sense if it was a series of slits parallel to the bottom of the bowl in the spire of it. but ive never smoked out of one so i cant speak from experience.

This is from another... site.

"Hey everyone,

sorry, I just got back into town on Monday and im know finally caught back up with all my work. I would of responded to this posy earlier.

The vortex bowls just arrived to our warehouse yesterday, They are available in blue, black and white and also in metal..
To answer a few of your questions, the bowl holds about 25g - 30g of shisha. it holds about 10g more than regular clay/ceramic bowls. (we didn't see the need for a bowl that holds 50g to 100g of shisha, in the end you waste a lot shisha with such a big bowl, unless you're having a party and you need one bowl to last 3 hours! ) If we get lots of requests for a bigger size then we will add it to the inventory.
The Vortex bowl is designed differently from the standard funnel bowls, if you visit the link above you will see how the holes are aligned inside the bowl. There about 4 holes all together on the inside of the bowl. The holes are not too big, HookaH Hookah is the finest cut of shisha and it does not fall in the hole. We have tested the bowls with many shisha brands and it improves the smoking ability of every one, (the same affect the funnel bowls have on most shisha brands) the brand the vortex bowl has helped the most is Hookah Hookah. In the Vortex bowl, Hookah Hookah burns longer and keeps the flavor without getting harsh as it does sometimes in regular bowls. I attended a wholesale trade show last week, and we were using the vortex bowl the entire week (1 bowl every hour) the bowl would of lasted a lot longer than 1 hour but retailers wanted to try new flavors every hour. I was using 1 1/2 coals everytime and did not burn the bowl once. I still wouldn't recommend using 2 or 3 coals with hookah tobacco, but almost everyone uses that many coals to smoke the thicker cut shisha, with Hookah Hookah and the vortex bowl you can use 2 coals but 1 will work great. (with regular bowls just use 1 coal and the shisha wont burn)
We had many requests to carry the funnel bowls and we didn't want to bring out the same design thats already sold on the market, so we designed our own. The mod is already built into the bowl, so there's no need to buy an add on to make the bowl work correctly. The vortex bowl is an alternative to the funnel bowls, it has the same concept though. It is very easy to pack shisha in the vortex bowls! Vortex bowls will start coming free with all of our new hookahs premiering near the end of the year. The vortex bowl was specifically made for Hookah Hookah so customers could enjoy the flavor a lot longer, but it does work with every shisha brand.

we will have an instructional video on the vortex bowl coming out soon, it will show how to pack the bowl and how to arrange the holes on the foil.
Personally, Im in love with the vortex bowl, I received the very first samples from our manufacturer and I have been using it ever since. It makes smoking hookah so much better, the flavor holds the entire time and no juices run down the inside of the stem. I do love the funnel bowls as well, I have smoked out of them many times, thats why im so happy we now carry the Vortex bowls.
we have already received many orders for the vortex bowls so you should start seeing reviews on them online pretty soon.

have a great day,

best,
Jonathan
SaharaSmoke.com"

QUOTE (NarghileNights @ Jul 25 2008, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if you pack that bowl with a good pack of tangiers you will not be able to get it to flow.. at all.

tangiers is one of the brands i havet tried the vortex with yet, probably try it this weekend. if tangiers doesnt work with the vortex then the tangiers desinged phunnel always works great smile.gif

Wow the thing I notice about forums everywhere is that everyone is quick to jump on a bandwagon. Yes I admit everyone is entitled to an opinion. But what are your opinions based on. Judge not a book by its cover... I don't think its right that the sahara smoke folks put effort into designing this piece and everyone is quick to knock on it. Will someone try this and please inform the community? I would love to but my budget is tight and what I can spare is unfortunately aimed at other vendors...for tangiers tongue.gif

I hope a review on this forum comes out soon because I have been looking for a phunnel like bowl that looks more traditional and this is it....too bad my bank account is almost out of money...i might overdraw if I buy this but it is SOOO tempting

I might get on in August, let you guys know how it goes. Waiting for a good promo from Sahara before buying like a free pyrex bowl for $35 like a few months back...HINT HINT!

Always like to try new stuff

• 9 months later...
Well I just bought a vortex bowl from Hookah Rush in downtown Columbus and I'm about to try it out. Lets see, I am using a relatively small hookah, and this bowl is fairly small also. We are smoking Hookah Hookah Banana flavor. (It's one of those hookah shots, they gave it to me for free. I haven't had good experiences with hookah shots, usually they're extremely dry, but this bowl is apparently supposed to help this particular brand smoke better.) For coals, also from this store we bought the all natural coconut coals. If you haven't tried these, I recommend them absolutely. They have little to no taste, and they last a long time-only problem is we have only been able to light them with an electric stove or hot plate.

Anyways, when packing the bowl, I just sprinkled the tobacco in instead of packing it down like I normally do with my superchief or phunnel bowl. Just put tin foil on the top and poked holes in it like I would for a normal phunnel bowl. Heated up 2 of the coconut coals and placed them on opposite sides of each other.

The tobacco heated up fairly quickly, then again there's not too much in here. In about 3-4 hits, I was getting decent amounts of smoke. We ran into a small problem, since my hookah is small it was hard to draw through, but when I placed it on my 36" hookah, that was not a problem, so I guess it was the small hookah. With this large hookah, we have an ice chamber, diffuser and Nammor hose. In comparison to my phunnel bowl, it smokes Hookah Hookah tobacco amazingly better. With this bowl on the larger hookah, it smokes very smooth.

Overall this bowl is very nice, and it is a good alternative to a phunnel or superchief.

I'll post again later on how long the bowl lasted, and how it smokes other tobacco. (I also have Starbuzz and Al Fakher brands.)

I think it would be neat to try, but I'd be a bit concerned using my super-tight Nakhla packing technique with this bowl. I can't imagine great air flow. Perhaps you can poke holes through the tobacco directly into the holes.

Bottom line, we need some experienced people to try this thing out with every permutation and combination of tobacco types, packing styles, etc in order to see for sure what it has to offer. It quite possibly has a great specialty that we just haven't figured out yet.