Favorite Mix Review

mushrat

Double Chocolate Coco-Mint

2/3 Al Waha Bounty
1/3 Al Waha After 9

Mint is another flavor that tends to overwhelm, so I went heavy on the Bounty. This made a very enjoyable session! I loaded it in my small Super Chief. I used 24 g (16 g of Bounty and 8 g of After 9) and it loaded it perfectly. It produced great clouds of tasty smoke. A nice balance. Tasted like taking a bite of a Mounds then a bite of a York Peppermint Patty. cool.gif

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very Berry Tropical Mix

25% Al Waha Strawberry
25% Hookah Hookah Acai Berry
25% Al Waha Coconut
25% Al Waha Mango

This combination made a nice fruit taste. I could taste each flavor seperately from time to time. Produced nice clouds. It was a nice sweet smoke, not at all harsh.

• 4 weeks later...
"Fruit Medley"

Layer shisha in the following order...(from bottom to top)

33.3% Layalina Peach
33.3% Al Ajamy Fruit Mix
33.3% Layalina Orange

In the base add...

Water
Coconut Rum
Strawberry Margarita Mix
Sweet and Sour Mix
Mandarin Orange Juice (from can)
Some Mandarin Oranges also if you like (from same can as above)

This was one of my first attempts to mix shisha along with an experimental liquid mixture. It was very tasty. First the Orange flavor was very dominant, with a splash of coconut and sweetness from the liquid base. Then after about 10 minutes, I started to taste the Fruit shisha, along with the Orange. About 30 minutes into the session was when the Peach shisha started to arrive. Very smooth throughout the entire session, all 2 hours worth. Very good mix, try it.

• 2 weeks later...
Fruit Cocktail blink.gif

-1/3 Al Ajamy Fruits on the bottom
-1/3 Layalina Cherry in the middle
-1/3 Layalina Strawberry on the top

Smell/Flavor: By far the best mix I have ever done. Loads of flavor. Even though the flavors were layered, there wasnt exactly a "change" in flavor through the session. All of the flavors mixed very well. Very smooth smoke with Tons of flavor.

Cut: typical layalina.

Smoke: big white clouds, and not harsh at all.

Buzz: medium buzz.

Amount(approx)/Duration: I smoked it for maybe 30 mins, then saved it for later tongue.gif (had work to do)

Hookah Type: 32" Lunar 2 hose Rotator Hookah

Bowl: standard egyptian

Foil/Screen: heavy duty reynolds wrap

Coal/Amount: three kings

Liquid in Base: Hawaiian Punch

Overall satisfaction (scale 1 to 10): 9/10 Awesome flavor and not harsh at all. The flavors really blended well together.

• 3 weeks later...
Lemon Mint

20% AF Mint
80% AF Lemon

Very refreshing taste. Best after a very heavily flavored meal because you can just feel your breath getting fresher and isn't an overbearing flavor like SB tends to be after a big meal.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Blueberry Coke

50% Layalina Blueberry
50% Layalina Cola

Put into a bowl and mix the flavors together. The cola by itself would pobably not be an enjoyable smoke, but mixed with blueberry it gives it that extra kick.

Setup: 22" Egyptian w/ Phunnel. 3 33ml 3king QLs. Water in base, standard mya hose.
Flavor: Taste like a blueberry coke. Sometimes you'll get a pull without the blueberry and it tastes like the after taste of a flat coke.
Smoke: Nice clouds. Nothing amazingly thick, though. was pretty windy outside, so couldn't really tell.
Duration: Was a phunnel, so could have easily gone for 2 hours, but I didn't have that kind of time.

Overall: Would give it an 8.5/10. Sometimes I would get pulls where I could hardly taste the blueberry, and the cola doesn't taste particularly wonderful on its own.

"The Mad Scientist"

Layalina (all equal parts):

-Orange
-Sweet Melon
-Vanilla
-Coconut
-Strawberry
-Raspberry
-Peach
-Mangosteen

Smell: Very interesting smell, like a giant fruit punch bowl wink.gif

Flavor: The same as above, so many different flavors mixed together, kind of mind boggling. All of the flavors blend well yet you can pick out many of the individual flavors. (especially the melon, raspberry, and peach. The vanilla just made everything very smooth and creamy)

Cut: Typical Layalina, medium stems, very drippy

Smoke: Thick white clouds, the thickest I have ever had from Layalina

Buzz: Mild buzz, since I was chaining the thing (it was so good)

Amount(approx)/Duration: I got an hour and 40 mins from this bowl

Hookah Type: 32" Lunar 2 hose rotator hookah

Bowl: Standard clay bowl

Foil/Screen: Heavy duty reynolds wrap

Coal/Amount: Three kings (2 coals cut in half to achieve 4 small pieces)

Liquid in Base (here's where it gets goofy...:
-1 tsp Vanilla extract
-1/3 cup milk
-1/3 cup Tropical Colida mix (V8 Smoothie)
-1/8 cup Coconut Rum
-1/4 cup Tropical juice (Looza brand)
-5 drops Lemon juice
-2 cups water

Overall satisfaction (scale 1 to 10): 9/10 - Awesome mix. All of the flavors were mixed very well with very even balance. I could taste all of the flavors individually, and the liquid mixture in the base was just another piece to this mad scientist puzzle. The smoke was totaly thick without being harsh at all. If you got a bunch of Layalina laying around, give this a try. I know that this is kind of overkill, but I was extremely bored and kind of in a rut as far as shisha flavors go. After this trial and success, I will be trying way more goofy experiments with flavors and liquid combonations.

• 5 weeks later...
THis is my best MIX so far (FAVOURITE amongst all my customers)

"ICED PEACH TEA"

50%PEACH (Fakher/Nakhla) + 30%LicoRIce (Nakhla) + 20%Lemon (fakher/nakhla) + ice at the bottom

the peach has to be the strongest , so a large portion is peach , licorice with a little bit of lemon gives out the TEA scent and hints of iced lemon tea,
combined with the fragrance of the peach = SUPERB!!!!

Grim's Coke Twist

80% Nahkla Lemon
20% Al Fahker Cola

Smell - You are going to get more of the cola smell. The AF Cola's scent is absolutly mind boggling.

Flavor - Uhhh, like Pepsi/Coke Twist...What did you expect tongue.gif

Buzz - Nahkla gives it a good kick, gotta sit down.

Overall, I liked this mix...I made a little batch of it to keep around when I feel the need to drink a cola.

I call it "Pinata Party Favors"

It might be best for a party where there will be alot of alcohol.

If you just get shotz of each flavor, you'll have pre-measured ingridients.

Anyway, mix equal parts of:
Chocolate
Orange
Pineapple
Mango
Mint or Menthol

If you get the shots of each you'll have 5 bowls for the night. I did this while pre-mixing other experiments and using the left overs to smoke a mini bowl.

Let me know what you think!

• 1 month later...
For all of the Starbuzz fans out there......try this one on for size!

%60 Blue Mist
%40 White Peach

It's amazing yet very calm at the same time. I say mix it 60/40 because my White peach was stronger than my Blue Mist. I keep making batches of this stuff and it seems to be the hit at my buddies parties. Then again, they mostly don't know much about Hookah. Anyways, what are you waiting for, give it a try!

• 1 month later...
Here are a couple of tasty mixes ive been smoking during the last couple weeks

30% Tangiers Blueberry with 70% Tangiers Horchata

The creamy cinnamon of the Horchata goes well with the tartness of the blueberry.

Smoked in a MNH Small Glass Funnel with mod with two 3 kings halves on oppisite sides of the bowl.

70% AF Watermelon with 30% Nakhla Peach

These flavors combine well and give a candied fruit taste with some floral undertones, i tried this mix cause sometimes AF Watermelon can be to intense for me and it worked. The peach mellows the watermelon a bit and they go well together.

Smoked in a MNH Small Glass Funnel with mod and 3 3 kings halves equally space around the bowl.

• 2 weeks later...
Heres a couple more awesome mixes both involving Fusion Irish Creme

70% Fusion Irish Creme + 30 % Tangiers Blueberry
mmmmmm Creamberry goodness packed in an MNH Small Funnel with mod, two cocos for coal, double layer cheap foil, smoked for 1 hour, could have gotten a second hour but had to go to work, might be my new favorite mix, can't wait for Tangiers to release its next Blueberry batch, im runnin low but at least this mix will stretch it out.

70% Fusion Irish Creme + 30 % Al Waha Orange Creme
Intense creamy vanilla taste with a sweet citrus touch and holy smokes on the buzz factor, also in MNH Small Funnel with mod, and two cocos

Nothing special, but I want to add that about a 1/4 of a bowl of mint added to any fruit really brings out the flavor. I've had it work with (Layalina) Raspberry, Pomegranate, Orange, Guava, Lemon, Peach, and Passionfruit.

Pomegranate and Mint is such an interesting combination; it comes out deliciously cooling and juicy. Edited by Cube

• 2 weeks later...
"House Blend"

50g Nakhla Strawberry
50g Nakhla Double apple
25g Nakhla Mint
mix in table spoon raw honey and a table spoon of lemon juice.

in the bowl iced h2o with a few slices of lemon. pack the head in a funnel(i used the homemade foil funnel) 1 1/2 coals.

smokes nice and strong for a good hour