Yeti

Chreees

Please say a prayer for Yeti... She got parvo and was in the vet all last week (yes she was fully vaccinated and the vaccine company is paying for her treatment because it failed). Vet said she was well enough to come home, and I picked her up last Wednesday. She couldn't walk on her back legs, but could stand on them for a few seconds, so we had hope. Walked her around the back yard so she could work the muscles, and also started taking her to a friend's pool so she could do hydrotherapy. Saturday we noticed her not wanting to use her front left leg, and yesterday she didn't want to use any. We felt absolutely defeated. Saturday the vet gave her some pain meds, but it gave her diarrhea so we had to discontinue that. Yesterday we spent the whole day with her, picking her up, taking her outside, holding her up to do her business, and let her lay out in the grass for a good bit. Kept her beside my recliner in the living room. Kept her beside our bed last night...

This morning, Brooke (of course in tears) said goodbye. Let Nora (our other dog) say goodbye to her. I took her to the vet, balling the whole way. Vet said we'll try one last thing before we put her to sleep- steroid shot. Set her up in utility room on a nice comfy bed, and hopefully it magically works and we'll bring her home. I don't have much hope, to be honest, but I am praying for a miracle.

Will you guys please pray for her? She just turned 8 months old and is the sweetest pup in the world. She doesn't deserve this.

[attachment=6648:Yeti.jpg]

Man, I'm soo sorry to hear this. I'm a huge animal person myself as I like animals more then most of the general public any given day. I hope this steroid shot works, but your guys are in my thoughts and prayers.

Man, I'm soo sorry to hear this. I'm a huge animal person myself as I like animals more then most of the general public any given day. I hope this steroid shot works, but your guys are in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks, man.

I agree with you- Animals are genuine in ways that humans never will be. Yeti has such a wise and gentle soul, I just don't understand how it's possible this is happening.

I can totally sympathize with you. My wife's father got a beautiful mastiff, she got to be about 3 or 4 months old and they took her to get her spayed, she passed away during the surgery. Their new dog(a 1 year old bulldog) has been back and forth to Purdue animal hospital with a condition they can't diagnose. So I know the rollercoaster you're on. Our deepest sympathies. Hell, my biggest hope in law enforcement is to become a K9 officer.

Thanks guys. We're totally devastated. Both my wife and I have cried more times today than we can count... And I never cry. The vet called me at 8PM and said she's sleeping comfortably after some medicine... Said she would evaluate her in the morning, see if the steroid shot helped or not. I'm praying it does. Maybe they just sent her home too early from the parvo and she can still recover? I dunno. We're just praying for a miracle at this point. I'm not even religious and I've prayed so many times today...

Chicago- I hope they figure out your parents' bulldog's condition. These furry little guys are our family members. It sucks when something is wrong with them. :(

Well, we had to say goodbye this morning. We held her and told her it was okay and that we loved her while the vet did the injections. She fell asleep peacefully, and licked my hand a couple times before passing. She was in so much pain, I'm glad that she is in a better place now. I couldn't stand to hear and see her suffering this morning...

We're devastated. Our young Yeti has been taken from us. I will never understand why, but I will just have to accept it and move on. We're glad to have gotten the time with her that we did.

It's too soon right now, but eventually we plan on getting another Pyr (NOT a pup though, as we wouldn't want to bring it into an environment that has parvo, and also because I just can't go through training another pup after Yeti) for Nora. She misses Yeti and is depressed now. We'll just have to take her to my in-laws' to play with their dog for now, until we're ready.

My heart goes out to you Chris, I've been hoping since yesterday and praying that your pup would make a turn around. I know it's way too soon to think about another fur baby in your home, but perhaps you should look for Pyrenees rescues in your area, give a pup that had a rough start in life, the spoiling and love all dogs deserve. My prayers are with you and your wife. 

My heart goes out to you Chris, I've been hoping since yesterday and praying that your pup would make a turn around. I know it's way too soon to think about another fur baby in your home, but perhaps you should look for Pyrenees rescues in your area, give a pup that had a rough start in life, the spoiling and love all dogs deserve. My prayers are with you and your wife. 

That's our plan. It may be too soon right now, but Nora (our 2 yr old Pyr/Huskey mix) needs a playmate. We definitely will not be getting another puppy, because 1) I can't raise another puppy only to have her taken away from me, and 2) can't risk having an unvaccinated puppy in an environment where parvo recently was.

Thanks, Justin.

I talked to the lady who we got Yeti from and she has actually offered for us to come meet Aspen, a 3 yr old Great Pyr she has and is looking to rehome. We're going to meet her tonight and will see if we think she'll be a good fit for us. We weren't looking to find Nora (our Pyr/Huskey mix) another friend for a while, but perhaps this is what we need to help us get over our grief.

Well, we brought home Aspen. So far no problems with the kids, but she is not exactly getting along with Nora. We are going to work on it, though. Here she is on the way home yesterday:

[URL=http://s1261.photobucket.com/user/clmccain90/media/Dogs/9480DD63-D3E6-45A9-8346-372CA641391E_zpsdrihdoos.jpg.html]9480DD63-D3E6-45A9-8346-372CA641391E_zps[/URL]

[URL=http://s1261.photobucket.com/user/clmccain90/media/Dogs/798C93E5-B948-4926-82D5-6A6E5B848E53_zpswajcnnoy.jpg.html]798C93E5-B948-4926-82D5-6A6E5B848E53_zps[/URL]

She is a sweetheart. She loves hugs.

Brooke called me here at work and said Aspen and Nora have been playing today. She told me it's actually really funny, because when playing tug of war, Aspen takes one step back, and it brings Nora three steps forward. This dog is that massive, lol. They also wrestled a good bit in a playful manner, so... looks like we'll be keeping her.

You should have seen the face she gave me this morning when I left for work. It was pitiful, lol.

yah man that sucks im sorry, i know the feeling its pretty bad. atleast yeti will be outta pain. sorry for the loss man

Thanks dude. I still have trouble coming home and not seeing her. She was my baby girl, and I loved her a fuck ton.

Now I have a huge bear in my house, so it's definitely quite a change. :lol:

Annnnd I'm having to take Aspen back. She started attacking Nora today all of a sudden. Apparently we have really shitty luck with having two dogs. Nora's just gonna have to not have a buddy for a while.