My First Hookah, I Named Him Disposition

Just got him a few weeks ago, not to sure who makes it though! I have a little store in town that sells various Arabic products , as well as very fairly priced Hookahs and Shisha. I have been smoking Nakhla mostly so far. Hopefully someone can help me identiy who makes this Hookah as well! I think it is Egyptian, but I am not too sure. The case did not come with it, so when the employee was putting the Hookah in the case for me, he tossed the box and I did not think about asking for it. Smokes great, the bowl is a little small for more then 2 or 3 people, but its great for just me or up to that. Loving having my own!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/wLmbk.jpg[/img] Edited by Floataround

[quote name='vendetta_revived' timestamp='1311977130' post='517682']
It doesn't look like an egyptian to me.
[/quote]

I really am not sure at all, this is just going from what the guy told me he thought it was. Not a clue myself..I think it MIGHT be a Mya, just due to what seems to be a similar hose adapter. But still, would love if someone with much more knowledge on it could help me out/point me in the right direction! :mocking:

[quote name='chitownteg' timestamp='1311978709' post='517686']
Nice hookah! Good to see a Washington Capitals fan here! :)
[/quote]

Thanks! Here's to October! :drinks:

[quote name='cotsi95' timestamp='1311980905' post='517693']
its a no name Chinese hookah, make sure you dont wash that hose or it will rust.
[/quote]

Really how come? I just rinse the house out with water when I am done to clean it out and then dry it..is there a better way?

I dont feel about it being a no name haha, I paid very little for it and it smokes great so far. I plan on investing in a nicer one sometime soon.

[quote name='Floataround' timestamp='1311983217' post='517701']
[quote name='cotsi95' timestamp='1311980905' post='517693']
its a no name Chinese hookah, make sure you dont wash that hose or it will rust.
[/quote]

Really how come? I just rinse the house out with water when I am done to clean it out and then dry it..is there a better way?

I dont feel about it being a no name haha, I paid very little for it and it smokes great so far. I plan on investing in a nicer one sometime soon.
[/quote]

There are 2 types of hoses in hookah world - Washables and Non-Washables.

Popular Washables - Nammor, Razan, Narbish.

Everything else - UN-WASHABLES! These have a metal coil running through inside them, so if you wash them, they will soon rust and you will be inhaling shards of rust when you smoke it, there is no way to wash these, just blow through them real hard before and after you're done smoking.

[quote name='vendetta_revived' timestamp='1311985061' post='517702']

There are 2 types of hoses in hookah world - Washables and Non-Washables.

Popular Washables - Nammor, Razan, Narbish.

Everything else - UN-WASHABLES! These have a metal coil running through inside them, so if you wash them, they will soon rust and you will be inhaling shards of rust when you smoke it, there is no way to wash these, just blow through them real hard before and after you're done smoking.
[/quote]

Thanks for the info. I have run water through it maybe..3 or 4 times. Should I just go ahead and get a new hose now? The shop I bought mine at sells them I think for maybe 3 or 4 dollars...or at this point will it sill be acceptable?

It looks like you have the same exact generic hose I have. I did the same thing with mine when I first got it, just ran water through it and didnt think of a thing of it before I knew any better. But I get huge rust particles out of it and whatnot now. Soon you'll be getting crunchy smoke as well. Not pleasant at all. Save yourself the hassle and get a new hose now. Or you'll be sitting around scratching your head as to why you have chunks of crap flying out of your hose. These cheap hookahs arent bad for starting out and learning. But yea.. that hose is going to rust like hell soon

HA! I thought I was the only person to name their pipes. I have BIG Blue, Crystal Marie, Tony Pharonie!

[quote][color=#1C2837][size=2]HA! I thought I was the only person to name their pipes. I have BIG Blue, Crystal Marie, Tony Pharonie! [/size][/color][/quote]

Mine are Tom Bombadil (*sp), Mary Morrill, and bitch pipe.
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the responses everything. I will go get a new one today, the shop I go to sells them for just a few dollars.

I named him Disposition because he watches the weather change with me..thought it was fitting.

I cant figure out how to edit, sorry for the double post...

I went back today to the store to get another hose, and got a slightly larger one with a rubber adapter that fit very snugly and fine. My question is though...

The brand they had at the store was Sahara Hookah's and Hoses, so I think my hookah is probably a little Sahara. But when it comes to hoses I could not get the exact one. I looked online and found this

[url="http://saharasmoke.com/store/genie-synthetic-leather-hose.html"]This hose[/url]

which appears to be my original hose...except this says that the hose is washable. Any thoughts?

[quote name='Floataround' timestamp='1312667332' post='519038']
I cant figure out how to edit, sorry for the double post...

I went back today to the store to get another hose, and got a slightly larger one with a rubber adapter that fit very snugly and fine. My question is though...

The brand they had at the store was Sahara Hookah's and Hoses, so I think my hookah is probably a little Sahara. But when it comes to hoses I could not get the exact one. I looked online and found this

[url="http://saharasmoke.com/store/genie-synthetic-leather-hose.html"]This hose[/url]

which appears to be my original hose...except this says that the hose is washable. Any thoughts?
[/quote]

Definitely not washable. Why they say it is, I do not know. But the hose has a metal coil running on the inside of it. After a couple washes, you'll be inhaling bits of rust. No bueno. For washables, stick with Nammor, Razan, Nuhose, etc.

Thanks for the added advice with it. I am done with it anyway...I picked up a new Sahara hose, a little bigger, and also happened to stumble upon a MYA Frozen for 15 even, so I picked that up as well. Also going to order a Nammor, just not sure if I want to get just the hose or If i want to get a full Hookah set that comes with one.

[quote name='Floataround' timestamp='1312693069' post='519079']
Thanks for the added advice with it. I am done with it anyway...I picked up a new Sahara hose, a little bigger, and also happened to stumble upon a MYA Frozen for 15 even, so I picked that up as well. Also going to order a Nammor, just not sure if I want to get just the hose or If i want to get a full Hookah set that comes with one.
[/quote]

GOOD! The experience is so much more pleasurable when you have good equipment! Those rusty bits are the pits.

• 1 month later...
So a few weeks ago I posted a picture of my little generic, and after doing some research and really deciding how much I enjoy smoking, I invested a little more a shortly after posting. So here is the whole family now! From L-R is Disposition, The Queen, and Shakti. The Queen is a 30 in Nammor Pharaoh with a Nammor Hose, and Shakti is a 12 inch Egyptian. She came free with the Queen from Hookah-Shisha.com at the time. I can say the difference from the generic to the Nammor is incredible!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/9ckAH.jpg[/img]