Vidja Games

Babs

[quote name='Babs' timestamp='1304829097' post='508678']
But I HAVE a PS2. Unless you mean get a new PS2. Which I was considering. Cos the old ones, after a while, stop playing colored discs and I think most if not all PS1 games are colored. For instance, the FFVII discs are black on the underside.
[/quote]

Oh i thought you didn't have one by the way you were talking about FFVII.

If you already have one, I would think about a new console for current generation games.

There were only a couple models of PS3 capable of running PS2 stuff. I have one. As far as I know, all PS3s in the US are capable of running PS1 stuff. I hear that some PS3s in Europe can't run even PS1 stuff, not even PS1 images downloaded from PSN.

I don't know what I'll do when this generation of consoles ends. Sony has me rather jaded and I never liked Microsoft. I might go for Nintendo's handheld, but the 3DS's battery life sucks. I'd love to get my hands on a Pandora console (http://openpandora.org/) but they're expensive.

If you go for a DS, go for a DS Lite. Or a regular DS. The 3DS and the DSi looked to overdone. That's not really a good word for it, but it just had too much unnecessary features, I thought. Plus, no GBA slot.

Anyone here ever play the classic RTS, Dune 2000?
Hands down one of the best pre-"everything is 3d" RTSs, I get shivers thinking about it.

So hilarious when you have random crates on with only infantry or infantry and light vehicles...
All of a sudden, you prowl the lands with your sonic tank, obliterating waves of men as they scream and gurgle from sonic attack.
Much more than that made it fun...it was well balanced, well organized, and you could choose House Atreides, Ordos, or Harkonnen, with each their own.
You can no longer register for an account in-game, but as of a few years ago, any new or old Westwood account was acceptable.

Btw, what ever happened to Westwood?

The thing that keep me with PS3 are games like the Uncharted series, resistance series, and I can't forget GT 5, killzone series and infamous and silly/new games like Little Big Planet. The blue ray player is dtill one of the highest ranked ones. I just got the memory card adapter so I can play my Final Fantasy and resident evil games again. Get the PS3, you won't regret it.

• 2 weeks later...
lol heres a question i can reply to YAY. Been playing video games for years, my wife plays, my kids play right now its wow, rift, lbp2, killzone 3, gran turismo, farcry 2, starcraft 2, and various others hell a lot of others actually
just ask ive prolly played it lol

oh and dune 2000 was awesome, used to play my dad all the time.... also the best mmo of all time is still Ultima online, just throwing that out there

i've been playing a lot of crysis 2 and fallout: new vegas lately. love them both

I`ve been playing stuff since i was 5 years old (started on prehistoric and the original prince of persia and the lost vikings and such), tho that doesnt mean much cos i just turned 18 2 moths ago :D ATM im playing AC:brotherhood, Fable3, just finished Crysis 2, i got the new Witcher ready... I PLAY A LOT! but i never smoke at the same time! also, currently im studying for my finals so gaming is kinda on hold for 2 weeks :P (only 3 or 4 hours daily, the rest of the time i study)

i was disappointed with the fable series. to me, it seems like they got worse and worse as each one came out. i loved the first one, because it was interesting and fresh. it had comedic relief tied into a somewhat serious game, but it seems as time went on they moved further and further towards the humor side. i was so disappointed in the last one, especially. there were literally 3 enemies in the game. those mummy chicks, those goblin things, and mercenaries. i think that's all of them and i was supremely disappointed

• 3 weeks later...
I enjoy video games, but I never have time to [i]just [/i]play video games anymore.

For a long time it's only been [i]Buzz[/i] with friends, [i]Street Fighter[/i] on my stationary bike, or [i]Terraria[/i]/[i]Portal 2[/i] while smoking.

Do not play [i]Infamous[/i] or [i]God of War[/i] while smoking. Just don't do it. You will hurt your organs. Edited by Druthers

I'm a pretty big RPG fan too. The last game that I reaaaaaaally got into was Oblivion on the XBox... in fact I kinda like all of the elders scrolls series. What I'm REALLY excited about is their next instalment [url="http://www.elderscrolls.com/skyrim/"]Skyrim[/url]

PC gamer here your puny consoles dont intrest me much
So my game library consist of
[list]

[*]Minecraft
[*]Black ops
[*]Rarly MW2
[*]Oblivion
[*]Wow(accounts currently frozen)
[*]Just finished bioshock 2
[*]Fall out 3(rarely played anymore.Last time played was 5 months ago)
[*]Fall out new vegas (second campaign This time siding with The legion))
[/list]

Picked up Infamous 2 the other day. I have yet to play it due to being so busy. I loved the first one! Hope the second lives up to the original.

[quote name='ezxen' timestamp='1308200697' post='512808']
[list][*]Minecraft[*]Black ops[*]Rarly MW2[*]Oblivion[*]Wow(accounts currently frozen)[*]Just finished bioshock 2[*]Fall out 3(rarely played anymore.Last time played was 5 months ago)[*]Fall out new vegas (second campaign This time siding with The legion))[/list]
[/quote]
are you sure you aren't my kid. his list reads like yours except replace black ops with team fortress 2 and wow with duke nukem forever.
Ray

I am a PC gamer. After PS2 & Gamecube, I didn't bother with any new consoles, and just game on PC now. I liked Warcraft 3 and Starcraft 2, and loved the Dragon Age & Mass Effect series. Currently I've been playing a fair amount of League of Legends though.

[quote name='Babs' timestamp='1304785971' post='508646']
the xbox won't be able to play the ps2 games I have. Which, okay, whatever, I can play on my phatty ps2 but idk if I want to use it anymore. the xbox won't play my final fantasy vii.
[/quote]

I got FF VII on my PSP, it's siiick.

But usually I play RPG's. I've also been playing too much Terraria with my friends.

[quote name='Venger' timestamp='1308253600' post='512847']
[quote name='ezxen' timestamp='1308200697' post='512808']
[list][*]Minecraft[*]Black ops[*]Rarly MW2[*]Oblivion[*]Wow(accounts currently frozen)[*]Just finished bioshock 2[*]Fall out 3(rarely played anymore.Last time played was 5 months ago)[*]Fall out new vegas (second campaign This time siding with The legion))[/list]
[/quote]
are you sure you aren't my kid. his list reads like yours except replace black ops with team fortress 2 and wow with duke nukem forever.
Ray
[/quote]
well i am relatively young 21, 22 in a few week.I did forget to add portal and portal 2 tho just havent played portal 2 since i finished it a day after i got it.

• 1 month later...
The last game I sat down and played till the end and really enjoyed was... the witcher 2... before that it was the witcher 1 haha... Now I'm trying to play dragon age and Its getting a little boring already. Sad very few games keep my interest these days =(