How Did You Get Your Username?

Soup

OK... this is going to hurt my reputation a bit, but here it goes... when i was 3 or 4 i crapped my pants and my step dad told me to put my filthy shorts next to the refrigerator, i must have misunderstude because i put em in the frig and a few hours later my brother said it was lumpy and smelt like a fart... thus lumpyfart! it took years to get rid of that one.

Seinfeld... David Puddy. I'm a huge NJ Devils fan, and love the "face painter" episode where he takes Jerry to the Devils game, and at the end screams at the priest in the car, "don't mess with the Devils, buddy! We're number one! We beat anybody! WE'RE THE DEVILS! THE DEVILS! HAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Lumpyfart actually had my original intention for the thread right. I wanted to know the story behind your nickname, not the username. People generally have better nicknames than usernames.

Your reputation has just been ruined...PS

:lol: ...HA! Lumpyfart.

• 3 weeks later...
My name on the board, Shavo, is what my grandmother always called me growing up. It means 'boy' in Romany (kinda like how 50 years ago someone could call a kid 'son' regardless of whether or not it was their kid without it being creepy). The rest's just random numbers. Edited by Shavo989

:P Yo soup, I make a bomb-ass curry soup that would make you love yur name more, But it would also make ya shit yer pants though playa. :wink:

• 9 months later...
Cripes! I do a search for 'Nakhla Earl Grey' and I find this old thread. Back in highschool my nickname was Ross the Boss. Got it from playing football, sacked the QB and his helmet flew off. Coach yelled something like "Way to go, Ross the Boss." Over the years it changed from Ross the Boss to The Boss, to Boss, and finally Big Boss. I'd say it fits me well. I'm a tall, big guy. Also, I'm a huge fan of the Metal Gear series, and one of the major characters is called Big Boss.... ....and then I found five dollars. Edited by Big Boss

I don't remember where I got Allia... maybe Dune by Frank Herbert (used to do a MUD on that a LONG time ago biggrin.gif), but 22 keeps popping up in my life. It was my school bus number and softball number when I was a kid, and it's the day of my dear late gramma's birthday (8/22/17).

i got mine from the film Withnail & I
Monty:
Do you like vegetables? I've always been fond of root crops but I only
started to grow last summer. I happen to think the cauliflower more
beautiful than the rose.
Withnail:
Chin chin.

[He drinks the sherry.]

Monty:
Do you grow?
Withnail:
Geraniums.
Monty:
Oh you little traitors. I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating
than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially
tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is you'll agree a certain je ne
ses quoi oh so very special about a firm young carrot. Excuse me. Do
help yourselves to another drink.

[Withnail turns and reaches a bottle over from the sideboard. He takes a
long swig. ]

I like rock music, and I'm a girl, and I graduated in '04. smile.gif

Years ago, when Xbox Live came out, I was trying to think of a cool name. Because I'm good at whatever I try at, I thought of "Cyclone," las in a cyclone swooping down and owning other players, much like the Grim Reaper. But, it was taken, so I chose "Xyclone," so the "X" is a "Z" sound, like "Xena."

Rushmore, Hydration, Crash, PB

In order:
I look like Jason Schwartzman from Rushmore (ITS A DIRTY LIE)
I failed the hydration test during wrestling season
I crashed my sisters car
The initials of my given name

I have others, but I can't think of them... unfortunate
oh you mean the forum name? its my name

And Dune is an awesome movie. I want those blue eyes Edited by pboyle

I have two nicknames, in the real world, and online.

Angel: I've been obsessed with astronomy since I was very young. When I was about 14ish, some friends decided that I looked like an alien, with large eyes, next to 0% body fat, and a tiny nose and mouth, lol. They nicknamed me SpaceAngel (because they're two celestial words? idk), and there was even a SONG written about it, heh. That stuck for a looong time, and is my email, and IM, name. Two years ago, I donned 7in heels (I am already over 6ft tall), and a very *cough*revealing*cough* memorable angel costume for Halloween. SpaceAngel got shortened to Angel, and that stuck....most of the people I hung out with back in GA don't even know my real name.

Which is fine by me, because...

Kae: I got fed up with no one being able to correctly pronounce my first name (Kyla). I would repeat my name a thousand times, and spell it out, etc, and people still just couldn't get it (wtf??). So, I started getting frustrated, and telling people to just call me "K". All my video game characters are named Kae-something (Kaelaryn, Kaedyn, Kaeta, etc), so that's how I spell it. Simple, easy to remember, and, well, it's almost never taken online, for some odd reason. Tho, recently, there have been several people calling me "Kaeter Tots" and "Kae Taeters", so I'll prolly have a new nickname soon enough *shrug*