The Wisdom Thread

[b]I'm creating a thread in which we can post nuggets of life wisdom to live by.[/b] Those practical and spiritual, anything to make our life experiences more fulfilling and whole.

Feel free to turn these posts into existential conversation and debate about life, even if not public and via PM.

HOWEVER, this thread will exist in a spirit of positivity and love, so if you wanna be all contentious and cranky, know I will rap-attack you, and I'm a pretty damn good battler. You will taste lyrical doom. Try me.

I will start this thread with the simplest and perhaps greatest concept I have come to grasp and possibly ever will.

TRUE INNER PEACE AND HAPPINESS is being who you are, in goodness and light, and being wholly content in every moment of being simply because life is enough reason to be joyous and content.

You have the power to be who you want, although it will take immense work at times.

We only have this control and zen if we ARE subjects of giving, hope, life, happiness, and live our lives in servitude of TRUTH.

You can do it! Live to the fullest! Make that shit happen!

That ^ btw is enlightenment. A state of zen. True balance is embracing the nothing and seizing it to create the joy we seek. In a circular fashion you ARE the joy you seek.

We are simply stuck within the realm of time. Our spirits however are eternal and timeLESS. So if you can embrace your true core spirit/soul you can work within the realm of timelessness and do INCREDIBLE things here in your everyday life.

THIS is creativity. And creativity is the nature of life. Creation from nothing, althoguh the nothing is part of creation's cycle.

It's the great wheel, the circle of life.

BOOM goes the dynamite, that's some truth right there bitches (and by bitches I mean friends and loved ones)

Enlightenment and empowerment are VERY connected. When you can put yourself amongst the very dirt and see/respect ALL creation as one from the same, you can force YOUR being into the stream of light energy.

And then although there will be opposition, NOTHING can stop you from reaching your goals.

Almost nothing. YOU can stop yourself by straying too far from the path of righteousness.

The thing about darkness is that it closes everything off. You can't see yourself or anyone else. Darkness is inherently selfish as you become stuck in your own world, apart from the greater reality, which is LOVE. Your purest existence is connected to everyone/thing elses path, because they are all within the same realm of love, for the same quest.

Do not be a beast in the darkness. It is what seperates us from them. Be light. Be love. And you will taste TRUE power.

These are the lessons of a king.

"Each day dawns only to those who are awake." One of the few quotes that have ever inspired me, a motivation to not take for granted what we have been blessed with. These words fill me up not with regrets of days lost, but the possibilities of today.
  • Upvote 1

"No matter what happens, it could always be worse". I try to live by this. At the end of the day it reminds me that I'm doing alright and has helped through hard times. It sounds easy enough, but it's hard to convince yourself of it.
  • Upvote 1

one that i like a lot is basically the gist of dont try and just get through life and survive. no one makes it out alive

"Now you understand that you your own woman or man
Because you broke it down to a simple four step plan:

Step 1 - Sit and make a plan, Son
Step 2 - Make time for you, Boo
Step 3 - Turn off your motherfuckin' TV!
All of a sudden there's so much of the world to see
And step 4 is to explore your options and got it poppin’
To get in the game instead of just watchin’
Entrepreneurial maneuvers, self-investment
That’s the shit, I can’t contest it!

If you ain’t doin’ what you love doin’, you’re losin’
Security’s illusion created by institution
To keep us movin’ to the job, bank, and the store
A commonly accepted thus perpetuated war
And if what you’re waitin’ for is opportunity to knock at your door
Then step it up, ’cause it aint like that no more!
Sure, you can sit at home rottin’ away
But in your heart I know you feel there’s somethin’ missin’ everyday"

The Perceptionists.

Here are a few of my favorite quotes for you guys hope you enjoy!

"Because life is like a game of Monopoly. You may own hotels on Boardwalk or you may be renting on Baltic Avenue. But in the end, it all goes back in the box" - The Noticer

"Likewise there is no difference in the person who INTENDS to do thins differently and the one who NEVER thinks about it in the first place. Have you considered how often we judge ourselves by our intentions while we judge others by their actions?" - The Noticer

"When a king begins to act like a king, it is not long before someone else is king! Serving is a way we can place value on one another. A wise man is a server." - The travelers gift

"it is true: an army of sheep led by a lion would defeat an army of lions led by a sheep!" - The travelers gift

"first we make choices, then our choices make us" - The Travelers gift

"Every Single time, these nations progessed through the following sequence: from bondage to spiritual faith, from spiritual faith to great courage; from courage to liberty; form liberty to abundance; from abundance to complacency; from complacency to apathy; from apathy to dependance; and finally from dependance back to bondage"

"Good thoughts and actions can NEVER bring about bad results"`

I've said this in another thread on here:

"Find something you love to do, find a way to make money out of it and you'll never work a day in your life"

A wiseman once said "Forgiveness is Divine but never pay full price for late pizza."
  • Upvote 2

all my life its been about control.How can I get to where I want to be and have it turn out best for me. I had an epiphany around my thirtieth birthday. There is only one thing in this world I have any control over. That one thing is how I react to the stuff that happens to me. Stuff is going to happen whether I like it or not how I react to that something is going to determine how it turns out. I can get angry but what will that change. I can be frustrated but again what does that change. What I try to do is understand what is happening and make the best I can out of it.
Ray
  • Upvote 1

[font=sans-serif][size=2]"The crucial thing is to find a truth which is truth for me, to find the idea for which I am willing to live and die." - Kierkegaard[/size][/font]
  • Upvote 1

the creek is always 6" deeper than the top of your truck's snorkel

(from my friend the surgeon) Never say "oops" always say "There! that does it."

Stay out of the clouds... that silver lining is another airplane going the other direction.

Every project you attempt takes twice as long as you though, and cost three times that you ever believed possible.

Expect the worst, you will be seldom disappointed.

Forbid a fool a thing, and that he will surely do.

can't say I agree with most of those but there's some value to be had in lowered expectations I suppose :rolleyes:

In my experience, life is a lot less difficult when all people expect you to do is grunt and pound your chest. However, if you never make your voice heard you'll have an increasingly harder time convincing people that you have one. A fulfilling life isn't easy but I think that is the point. Edited by Dr. B
  • Upvote 1

[size="2"]This is a quote I was taught in my meditation class. It helped me maybe it'll help someone else.[/size]
[color=#333333][size="2"]"Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves." [/size][/color]
  • Upvote 1

"When [color="#ff8c00"][b][i]seconds[/i][/b][/color] count, police are only [color="#ff0000"][u][b]minutes[/b][/u][/color] away"

Be able to defend and protect yourself and family at all times.

[img]http://www.usgalco.com/Catalog/large/Triton-in-use.jpg[/img]

• 2 weeks later...