My Hookah From Iraq

Talbs212

Hey everyone! I'm new to the forum and my name is Shanna. My brother is over in Iraq right now and knows how much I like hookah so he sent me one for my birthday/christmas. Its a four-hosed Zanobia Hookah with hand blown glass. I'm excited to finally use a nice hookah instead of my old tiny one. This thing is great! The details are amazing. It even came in its own leather trunk! Too bad it's illegal to send the shisha back though :( I'm gonna have to stick to American shisha for now!! haha

[img]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs733.ash1/162703_10150362374030524_570585523_16512770_1484946_n.jpg[/img]
[img]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs733.ash1/162728_10150362374120524_570585523_16512773_7334628_n.jpg[/img]
[img]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1366.snc4/163812_10150362374500524_570585523_16512790_5789052_n.jpg[/img]
[img]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs953.snc4/74624_10150362374755524_570585523_16512800_4973767_n.jpg[/img]
[img]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs774.ash1/166454_10150362375000524_570585523_16512809_931714_n.jpg[/img]

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it isn't an authentic Middle Eastern-made pipe. It was actually made in China; you can tell by looking at the style of the hose ports, heart, bowl, and hoses. But as long as it smokes good and is durable, that's all that matters. Just kinda hard to tell what's durable when it comes to Chinese hookahs. I will say though the detail on that thing is quite nice. And the little trunk it comes with is quite nice as well.

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' timestamp='1293574865' post='492712']
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it isn't an authentic Middle Eastern-made pipe. It was actually made in China; you can tell by looking at the style of the hose ports, heart, bowl, and hoses. But as long as it smokes good and is durable, that's all that matters. Just kinda hard to tell what's durable when it comes to Chinese hookahs. I will say though the detail on that thing is quite nice. And the little trunk it comes with is quite nice as well.
[/quote]

At least he got the nifty looking case.

[/quote]

really? damn my brother said it was hand made in iraq? well that sucks. but yeah it smokes amazing and the detail is crazy. so whatevs, im happy :) and yeah the case is awesome haha

[quote name='agunn1231' timestamp='1293579813' post='492719']
the way i see it. it's a beautiful hookah, if it craps out on you, you can always use it as a decorational piece
[/quote]

true hahahaha

Keep in mind I wasn't trying to talk down your hookah. Just wanted you to know the facts about it, as it's very common for people to believe whatever comes from the Middle East must be handmade there. I've heard that if you go to the Middle East, you'll actually see Chinese rigs more than you will true handmade stuff.

beautiful... i love it. and yea i can see how the hoses are chinese because they are the same as mine from what i can see... mine are just red. lol. i love it. i just hoe it smokes as good as it looks. lol. [img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/Hookah.gif[/img]

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' timestamp='1293583398' post='492724']
Keep in mind I wasn't trying to talk down your hookah. Just wanted you to know the facts about it, as it's very common for people to believe whatever comes from the Middle East must be handmade there. I've heard that if you go to the Middle East, you'll actually see Chinese rigs more than you will true handmade stuff.
[/quote]

oh i know! im really glad you told me. im just not gonna tell my brother because he searched everywhere for one that was good enough :/ but thanks for the info!
[quote name='duck' timestamp='1293587182' post='492730']and in my pic i have the hoses on backwards... hahahaha[img]public/style_emoticons/default/dink.gif[/img]
[/quote]

hahahah thats funny!

• 4 weeks later...
[/quote]

I wasn't going to say it, but i immediately thought the same thing. :ermm:

[quote name='Talbs212' timestamp='1293578174' post='492717']
[/quote]

really? damn my brother said it was hand made in iraq? well that sucks. but yeah it smokes amazing and the detail is crazy. so whatevs, im happy :) and yeah the case is awesome haha
[/quote]

Don't feel too bad. As long as you like it and and it smokes well. It still CAME from Iraq so... ;)

I remember I had a customer come in one night to show off this great hookah he got in Israel.....It was a MYA. :facepalm:

[quote name='mushrat' timestamp='1296272758' post='496038']
[/quote]

I wasn't going to say it, but i immediately thought the same thing. :ermm:
[/quote]

Yeah It's always hard telling someone that what they thought was true isn't...Chris did do it the correct way though, Nice and easy.
Although it is an interesting piece, not my cup of tea, but interesting non the less.

• 1 year later...
First the leather case is AWESOME!!! second cool looking stem, third yah defnitly not made in iraq but hell it is cool looking im sure it smokes good as long as you can smoke who cares what it is congratz and enjoy ;)