Looky What I Found!

This Bulgarian dude hooked up his nargile and then 8 cigs to some filter device involving a vacuum cleaner, and look at the results!!! The idiots that say a nargile is like a PACK of cigs (20) need to see these videos and pics.

http://yurukov.net/blog/2008/10/01/koe_e_po_vredno_nargileto_ili_cigarite/

It's in Bulgarian, but the pics and videos are obvious enough

First off I want to say that I can't stop thinking of Borat because of the music, and the mumbo jumbo (to me) characters on the video.

Second, thats pretty disgusting.
Anywho, nice find!

Actually, after I the vacuum almost got on fire, I figured 8 cigs is not a good idea. I added one cigarette, opened all valves, and turned on and off the vacuum to simulate human smoking. Then did the same with the nargile (or hookah). This image was at the end of the article.

[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3293/2892302953_50532c0316.jpg[/img]

Left is ONE cig, right is one nargile with one coil smoked by one person. My point was that hookahs are much much less harmful than cigarettes. I was testing the popular belief set by the media and tried to disproved it with every day materials.

Apart from this video, I have a couple more plus [url="http://yurukov.net/blog/?s=%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%B3%D0%B8%D0%BB%D0%B5"]several articles[/url] on how to prepare it properly. All in Bulgarian and all helping other people to avoid making stupid mistakes that can actually make a hookah harmful. Like stuffing the top too much, or not cleaning the water often, or using the wrong foil, ets.
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Travis' timestamp='1286712827' post='484581']
First off I want to say that I can't stop thinking of Borat because of the music, and the mumbo jumbo (to me) characters on the video.

Second, thats pretty disgusting.
Anywho, nice find!
[/quote]

The music is by Schantel who is actually German, but of Romanian descent. He mixes a lot of Balkan beats and folk music. The music in these two videos are more Serbian music in them.

Wow, didnt really expect the man who made the video to drop by lol.

Great stuff, nice to see someone who knows what they're talking about and has evidence to back it up!

Thanks, and welcome to the forum!

[quote name='Travis' timestamp='1286716416' post='484584']

Great stuff, nice to see someone who knows what they're talking about and has evidence to back it up!

[/quote]

Love the internet! Got word of this thread half an hour after you guys wrote. Will check the forum out for nice brands of tobacco. Me and my friends order half a kilo every now and again from the US. Too bad I haven't found anyone who delivers from the Middle East - the tobacco there should be much better.

Welcome Yurukov!

How did you find the thread so fast? I'm impressed! I only found your page by Google Image searching "nargile" for interesting pictures.

So I guess you mentioned, but that picture, the disgusting stuff on the left is from ONE cigarette??

i have been using google chrome, and it asked me if it wanted me to translate it for me, so it is now in english so i can read it

@Hassouni - I have several scripts that scan through Google for links to my blog. Helps me answer quickly ;)

The one on the left is indeed from one cigarette only, however a heavy one. It is still one of the most smoked type in Europe though. The shot on the right is from one nargile, but as it is visible, I had to enhance it, so that it could be seen. It was too pale. You could see the original at the end of the detailed video (the second one in the post).

@lianUM - Google doesn't translate Bulgarian that well, but it's still good :)

well this is incerdibly helpful for me since i'm writing a paper for school that has to do with the great debate over cigs and hookah. if the author doesn't mind, can i use the pictures for a visiual, i will cite you as the source and such

@agunn1231 - no problem. I'll be glad if you use the photos. Here you can find all my [url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/yurukov/sets/72157607676021285/with/2906809017/"]photos from the experiment[/url].

[quote name='mustafabey' timestamp='1286727496' post='484594']
Welcome Yurokov! Your contribution is much appreciated!
[/quote]

Thanks :) A friend from Lebanon thought me how to make it 7 years ago and I haven't stopped smoking ever since.

[quote name='twoapplesplease' timestamp='1286732950' post='484596']
Nice little test......I wonder what some thing like zaghloul would come out like or tombeki
[/quote]

Here are my thoughts: Zaghloul or Salloum, probably not as bad, as they are mixed with wet stuff, and don't actually burn the way a cigarette or cigar does. 'Ajami, though, as in the following pic, might be different, as that is basically like a cigar, though again, slightly wet...

[img]http://img.haberler.com/haber/997/tombeki-tutunu-aromali-nargile-urunleriyle-rekabet_b.jpg[/img]

[quote name='yurukov' timestamp='1286717042' post='484586']
[quote name='Travis' timestamp='1286716416' post='484584']

[/quote]

Love the internet! Got word of this thread half an hour after you guys wrote. Will check the forum out for nice brands of tobacco. Me and my friends order half a kilo every now and again from the US. Too bad I haven't found anyone who delivers from the Middle East - the tobacco there should be much better.
[/quote]

Two sources for you, for Elmas/Rosanna brand tobacco from Turkey, SUPERB stuff:

www.elmas-originale.de (in German)

or (cheaper but you have to email directly) nargilestore.com (in Turkish)

TwoApplesPlease has dealt with the former, their person in charge speaks good English, I'm in the process of dealing with the latter - they speak English too but not as well.

Also, direct from AF: [url="http://www.alfakher-online.com/?q=en/catalog/10"]http://www.alfakher-...q=en/catalog/10[/url]

Kilos for $35!

Wow yurukov I like to say thank you , You have done the hookah community a huge solid. You not only disproved the common myth a session of hookah is = 100 cigarettes but that 1 session of hookah is not even = to 8 cigarettes .Its nice to see actual documentation of this .

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' timestamp='1286739161' post='484600']
Welcome yurukov to HF! Surprised you got wind of this thread so fast.

Show who wants to show this to the politicians?
[/quote]

I think it goes without saying that it'll be Mushrat[img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/_sheesha2__by_Majunka_aurore.gif[/img]

This is awesome... I had an unlit cigarrette in my mouth while reading this. Now I still want nicotine, but have no hookah and refuse to smoke my cigarrettes. Haha. Awesome test though. Glad there's more proof to back up the hookah side of the dispute now.

[quote name='Moovey' timestamp='1286745410' post='484603']
This is awesome... I had an unlit cigarrette in my mouth while reading this. Now I still want nicotine, but have no hookah and refuse to smoke my cigarrettes. Haha. Awesome test though. Glad there's more proof to back up the hookah side of the dispute now.
[/quote]

Do like Mustafa Bey and get yourself some dokha....

Awesome find! But I wonder how the turnout would have been if the coal was fully lit.